Windows 10: UPS Hibernation

Discus and support UPS Hibernation in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, this is my debut here and I'm glad I found this forum because I recently replaced my old Win-7 machine with an Asus Win-10 and it is so... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kayale, Apr 26, 2016.

1. kayale Win User

UPS Hibernation

Hi guys, this is my debut here and I'm glad I found this forum because I recently replaced my old Win-7 machine with an Asus Win-10 and it is so different than the win-7 I'm use to that I have a lot to learn! *Confused

I live in an area where power outages are fairly frequent. I had my old Win-7 computer set up with my APC UPS to hibernate- saving my open files- if the power stays off more than 5 minutes. This work very well but I don't see a hibernation option in the Win-10 power settings. Is there not a hibernate function in Win-10?

Also on the subject of saving files- if I have unsaved files open overnight and Micro$oft does one of their middle of night auto-updates- does M$ save the files before rebooting or do I lose those files?

Thanks much for your help. *092

:)

kayale, Apr 26, 2016

2. Power settings (sleep/hibernate) not working properly in Windows 10.

My Thinkpad 11e (Yoga) goes to sleep but will not hibernate.

Have tried all the recommended fixes.

Given up.

Bad hibernate code in Windows 10.

I can manually request a hibernate and Windows will properly hibernate.

But it will not hibernate based on the sleep timers.

So, inconsistent hibernate code in Windows 10.

The aggravating thing is that hibernate worked until a few Windows updates ago.

Buggy code.

InsecureWebform, Apr 26, 2016
  3. Something is waking up my PC from sleep after upgrade to windows 10

Thanks for the reply,

Method 1 already intact.

So regarding Method 2, I've enabled hibernate "powercfg -hibernate on" and "enabled the show hibernate button"

I've left the computer over night and it woke up from the same reason again.

P.S Hibernate was off : powercfg -hibernate off (It saves storage space on my SSD drive and I'm not using Hibernate at all)

Please advise,

Thanks

JacobSaleh, Apr 26, 2016
Thema:

UPS Hibernation

1. UPS Hibernation - Similar Threads - UPS Hibernation

2. Windows 10 - Unable to wake up from sleep or hibernate, system always restart while trying...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 - Unable to wake up from sleep or hibernate, system always restart while trying...: Hi there, After one of the windows update, my laptop just refused to wake up from sleep or hibernate. Every time I tried to do so it always just freeze with a blank screen and then restarted by itself. When I checked the event viewer the source of error is given as...
  3. How to prevent Windows 10 from waking up from hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    How to prevent Windows 10 from waking up from hibernate: How to prevent Windows 10 from waking up from hibernate from keyboard or mouse ? I want it to wake up only from power button 128925
  4. BSOD with internal power error at cold boot or waking up from hibernation

BSOD with internal power error at cold boot or waking up from hibernation: Hello, everyone: My device is Alienware 13 r3 with Intel i7-7700hq and Nvidia gtx 1060, running windows 10 64 bit 1809. Recently I got BSOD upon cold boot or waking up from hibernation. Direct reboot from OS usually is OK. I first tried to use windbg to analyze the...
  5. Password field missing from Windows 10 login screen, after waking up from hibernation.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Password field missing from Windows 10 login screen, after waking up from hibernation.: Hello, I have a user who does not see the login field for her to enter her windows login password. This occurs when she opens up her laptop returning from hibernation mode. It seems like holding ctrl alt delete for a few seconds prompts the login field allowing her to enter...
  6. Hibernate waking up on mouse movement

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate waking up on mouse movement: i decided to test if hibernate would startup similar to shutdown (semi recently fan is being loud after semi long use, sleep is like it not turning off at all but shutdown it stays quiet longer, seeing if it would be quiet in hibernate like shutdown) but for some reason when...
  7. Keyboard types random keys after it wakes up from hibernation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard types random keys after it wakes up from hibernation: For the past week whenever my laptop wakes up from hibernation the keyboard would start typing multiple keys "for example it types like this" turns into "forb exahmpleb 7itb tykpesb l7iykeb thm7is" it works normally after an hour or so and after that it won't act up...
  8. BSODs when waking up after sleep/hibernate (Atheros driver issue?)

BSODs when waking up after sleep/hibernate (Atheros driver issue?): Hello everybody! I have a Dell Vostro 15 3568 laptop with Windows 10 Pro (v. 10.0.17134). Sometimes I go away from the keyboard for long periods of time, and the computer is automatically put in a sleep/hibernate state (I don’t actually know if it’s a “sleep” or a...
  9. USB ports sometimes stop working after waking up from hibernation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB ports sometimes stop working after waking up from hibernation: I have an ASUS laptop and I have been facing an issue where the USB ports sometimes stop working after waking up from hibernation. I mean, every device that is plugged into them stops working, such as wireless mouse, wireless keyboard, wireless gaming controller, USB headset,...
  10. PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate

in Windows 10 Support
    PC wakes wakes up from Hibernate: A few Preview builds have been acting strangely. If I put computer to sleep or hibernate it wakes up by itself and keeps doing in the loop. Seems like it's happening during the night. Any idea? Thanks 105289