Windows 10: URGENT: Logon Screen Flickering after Update

Discus and support URGENT: Logon Screen Flickering after Update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer started randomly updating today at 1:30 PM (extremely inconvenient) without me even agreeing to it and the update took around 2 and a half... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by amitkania, Sep 26, 2016.

1. amitkania Win User

URGENT: Logon Screen Flickering after Update

My computer started randomly updating today at 1:30 PM (extremely inconvenient) without me even agreeing to it and the update took around 2 and a half hours. After that, I was greeted with a message saying "Your PC has been updated" and this started to happen:

[youtube]FsrodURZDN8[/youtube]

I can't do anything. I tried rebooting it multiple times and the same thing happened. I ended up getting my PC into safe mode and it booted, but I am unable to do anything on it. I can't click the start menu and opening any app will do nothing.

I need this fixed ASAP since this is the only PC in the house. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

:)

amitkania, Sep 26, 2016
  2. PRU_Win10 Win User

Boot Up Problem after upgrade to windows 10

My laptop does not boot up after upgrading to windows 10. Upgrade finished properly. I updated the windows after the upgrade. Updates required a restart to install and when I did, the problem started.

Just before the windows logon screen a blank blue screen starts to flicker. Thats it! Nothing shows up after that.

I ran diagnostics option in the start up and everything was fine.

Please help me with solution for blinking blue screen.

PRU_Win10, Sep 26, 2016
  3. Flickering screen at logon-screen

Hi thanks for the quick reply

Hi I don't really know what to do. Can you please tell some more about what I shall?

Do you mean that I have to look under "display adapters" in device manager to find out what manufacturer I have?

If that's the case it shows 2 things:

Intel (R) HD Graphics 3000 (I've checked their website and there are no drivers for Windows 10)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M (I've also checked their website, the newest driver is already installed!)

Then what shall I do?

Gustav Metnik-Beck, Sep 26, 2016
  4. amitkania Win User

Okay I got it to boot back up.

I'm deciding to go back to Windows 7 since I still have the option available.

Will all my programs and files I downloaded/installed on Windows 10 still be there?

amitkania, Sep 26, 2016
Thema:

1. URGENT: Logon Screen Flickering after Update - Similar Threads - URGENT Logon Screen

2. No Desktop icons and screen flickers after update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No Desktop icons and screen flickers after update: I have a Windows 11. After I install an update, or after an automatic update occurs my desktop doesn’t finish loading and no icons appear, the screen continues to flicker. The clock doesn’t even appear. I can access the taskbar and the run command though typing is difficult...
  3. No Desktop icons and screen flickers after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Desktop icons and screen flickers after update: I have a Windows 11. After I install an update, or after an automatic update occurs my desktop doesn’t finish loading and no icons appear, the screen continues to flicker. The clock doesn’t even appear. I can access the taskbar and the run command though typing is difficult...
  4. Screen Flickering after updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Screen Flickering after updates: My computer was perfectly fine until I updated it recently15th march and from then onwards my screen flickers occasionally I believe the following update is responsible for this and also I have tried resetting my display adapter in device manager which did not change anything...
  5. Windows 10 screen flicker after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 screen flicker after update: I updated my PC to the latest update and left it running all night on December 2, 2020. The next morning, I was still able to use my PC without a problem. Then I turned it off, as usual, to go to work and when I turned it on again after a few seconds, my screen instantly...
  6. Screen flickering after windows 10 update

Screen flickering after windows 10 update: Hi, Early January 2020, my PC updated to windows 10 since then my screen is flickering. I tried to uninstall and install display driver but it did not resolve the issue. I read an article to uninstall an app which might be reason but I am not sure which app to uninstall....
  7. Windows 10 screen flicker after update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 screen flicker after update: I turned on my PC this morning and an update was applied. After it completed, the screen began flickering immediately at the Windows login screen. The flicker was happening in a way that it was impossible for me to enter login credentials. I decided to startup in safe...
  8. Screen flickering - URGENT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen flickering - URGENT: Hi Last two-three months, my surface screen is flickering, cant read docs. Whats the solution please. Regards Prosenjit *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. flickering screen after windows 10 updates

flickering screen after windows 10 updates: Hi I'm a HelpDesk support technician and I've seen this issue in at least 7 windows 10 desktops. The problem is active windows going black intermittently and sometimes the screen flickering and blinking. This issue started a about a month ago after windows updates was...
  10. Screen Flicker on Boot After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Screen Flicker on Boot After Windows Update: Hi, I updated to KB4343909 (OS Build 17134.228) yesterday and now when my pc boots the brand name comes up, then the screen flashes of and on and the brand name is back up again and normal boot resumes. Anyone else see this occurrence or have any ideas? 116073