Windows 10: urgent - Windows 10 - Startlayout without ICON

Discus and support urgent - Windows 10 - Startlayout without ICON in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello everyone*Smile, this its the case When i want to customize the startlayout WITHOUT icon this not work. I unping all icon from the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by fway, Nov 20, 2016.

1. fway Win User

urgent - Windows 10 - Startlayout without ICON

Hello everyone*Smile, this its the case

When i want to customize the startlayout WITHOUT icon this not work.

I unping all icon from the start layout and i export with powershell the startlayout.xml

This is the result:

<LayoutModificationTemplate Version="1" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Start/2014/LayoutModification"> <LayoutOptions StartTileGroupCellWidth="6" /> <DefaultLayoutOverride> <StartLayoutCollection> <defaultlayout:StartLayout GroupCellWidth="6" xmlns:defaultlayout="http://schemas.microsoft.com/Start/2014/FullDefaultLayout" /> </StartLayoutCollection> </DefaultLayoutOverride></LayoutModificationTemplate>

this layout dont have icon. But if this layout i load in GPO ->(start layout) doesnt work. all user see ALL icon (IE, CALENTARS, APP, ETC) so..... i am crazy....

IF i export the startlayout with ONE icon GPO works......and the users only see THIS ICON 0_o .....THIS IS AMAZING.....

i dont know what more i can do.....

any suggestion???????????????????

*Shock

:)

2. Export-Startlayout possible bug 1607

Hi

Windows 10 x64 Education 1607

If I have a redirected start menu via folder redirection. This is with loopback replace set. Then I place some Apps E.G

Word,Excel, Powerpoint and some URL links on the start layout.

Then I start Powershell as as administrator and run Export-Startlayout -path c:\start.xml

I get this error

Export-StartLayout : Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

At line:1 char:1

+ Export-StartLayout -Path C:\start.xml

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: urgent - Windows 10 - Startlayout without ICON :)) [Export-StartLayout], COMException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException,Microsoft.Windows.Start

Layout.Commands.ExportStartLayoutCommand

Can someone else please try this.

I've ruled out Anti Virus. It works with a local start menu.

MattWilkinson_, Nov 20, 2016
  3. Windows 10 1709 // Start Layout network drive map do not migrate by USMT

Hello I have to migrate Windows 7 to Windows 10 1709 with USMT and some scenario Windows 10 to Windows 10, I read and test it is not possible to migrate StartLayout with USMT??

sdechene73, Nov 20, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Nov 21, 2016
  5. fway Win User
    Hi, thanks but i read all tutorial and guide to create the startlayout and that guide dont work.

Thanks anyway

fway, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. urgent - Windows 10 - Startlayout without ICON - Similar Threads - urgent Startlayout without

2. PowerShell Import-StartLayout

in Windows 10 Customization
    PowerShell Import-StartLayout: I'm using Import-StartLayout to automatically pin certain apps to the taskbar for new users on my machine. It works as in the apps are pinned, but if I pin a new app to the taskbar, they move upon logging off and back in. I was wondering if there was a way to stop this from...
  3. URGENT!!! UNUSABLE WINDOWS 10!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    URGENT!!! UNUSABLE WINDOWS 10!: Hi microsoft, This is very urgent. When I log on to Windows 10 Insider build Dev Channel, My computer fails to boot properly, I face a black screen and various reboots do nothing. ALl keyboard shortcuts refuse to work except Ctrl+Alt+Del. The login screen loads correctly,...
  4. URGENT HELP WINDOWS 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    URGENT HELP WINDOWS 10 !!!!!!!!!!!!: Hello everyone This suddenly happened picture 1 to my laptop and it won't go away So I decided to reinstall windows on my C drive, but every time I try this message appears picture 2 and I'm unable to reinstall windows on my C drive Error message 1 picture 1: repairing...
  5. URGENT: Power icon missing from taskbar

URGENT: Power icon missing from taskbar: URGENT: Power icon missing from taskbar, cannot enable as it is greyed out in the settings as well. I restarted windows explorer process as well, it still didn't work. I have also tried disabling and enabling the driver by going to device manager. It still didn't work. What...
  6. Offline file icons displayed without icon overlay in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Offline file icons displayed without icon overlay in Windows 10: [ATTACH]Offline Files is a feature of Sync Center that makes network files available to a user, even if the network connection to the server is unavailable. […] This article Offline file icons displayed without icon overlay in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  7. StartLayout XML file missing last section

StartLayout XML file missing last section: Run as PowerShell Administrator: PS C:\Windows\system32> Export-StartLayout -Path "D:\Custom_StartLayout.xml" When I open the xml file the last group "More Readers" is completely missing. All else looks okay. [ATTACH] Here is the beginning code, first group, last group...
  8. Default Windows 10 1809 Startlayout gets reapplied after every reboot

Default Windows 10 1809 Startlayout gets reapplied after every reboot: We have a default LayoutModification xml-file applied on all our computers. Since 1809, one can change the startlayout, but all changes are overwritten after a reboot is performed. It worked fine before on 1803. Is there a solution for this?...
  9. URGENT: Start Icon and Windows button have stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    URGENT: Start Icon and Windows button have stopped working: The left-click on my Start icon has stopped working and several reboots have not resolved the situation. My Windows key doesn't work either. I cannot launch Edge either. I'm running Windows 10 Home on a new Dell laptop. What the heck is going on and how do I fix it? I've...
  10. Corrupt icon without reinstalling windows?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Corrupt icon without reinstalling windows?: how do i fix corrupted icons some icons are just plain white in the start menu windows 10 how to fix these please ? without reinstalling windows 10 is there any software? to reset all of this at once? 84540