Windows 10: US Department of Defense Commits Upgrade 4 Million Seats to Windows 10

Discus and support US Department of Defense Commits Upgrade 4 Million Seats to Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; With more than 76% of our enterprise and education customers in active pilots of Windows 10 and more than 200 million active devices running Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Feb 16, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

US Department of Defense Commits Upgrade 4 Million Seats to Windows 10

Source: US Department of Defense Commits to Upgrade 4 Million Seats to Windows 10 | Windows Experience Blog

:)

Brink, Feb 16, 2016
  2. JimWynne Win User

Its june 29, 2015 I have reserved my upgrade to windows 10 for months. WHERE IS IT?

Windows 10 will be released on July 29. If I were you I wouldn't be waiting on the edge of my seat on that date either. There will be millions of eligible installations and it could be sometime before everyone gets it.

JimWynne, Feb 16, 2016
  3. The security certificate presented by this website was not issued by a trusted certificate authority.

My email is with the US Army / Department of Defense. Windows Internet Explorer thinks the military's website's security certificate is not trusted. Give me a break!!! How can I prevent multiple Ceritificate Errors and logins because Windows can not
    handle it?

Tom the strategist, Feb 16, 2016
  4. Winuser Win User

That should help MS to reach their goal for Windows 10. *Smile

Winuser, Feb 17, 2016
  5. Actually I'm surprised it took this long! The government as a rule always stays a step of the private community as well as staying on top supposedly over the corporate side of things?(har har)

Four million seats isn't any large leap for MS however in reaching the one billion mark. That is still going to take some time since it won't be any overnight deal. Even 7 when that was a success storm 6yrs. ago took time for all those XP users to finally upgrade.

Night Hawk, Feb 17, 2016
  6. Winuser Win User
    It may only be 4 million now but it may help to open the door for other agency's to make the switch.

Winuser, Feb 17, 2016
  7. I'm sure some already have. You just won't know about it. For security reasons they wouldn't be advertising things like this.

Night Hawk, Feb 18, 2016
  8. Fafhrd Win User

More comforting news then. We can sleep even more safely in our beds in the west, with the thought of Donald Trump soon to be in the White House, Windows 10 purring along in the Pentagon, and Putin in the Kremlin, where everybody has been told to use typewriters for security.

I'd have thought they would have developed Leninux, Stalinux, Kremlinux and Putinux as ultimate foils to western espiocomms?

Fafhrd, Feb 18, 2016
  9. Are you now being a Humourinux? *chuckle Wire tapping and intercepting emails is a bit independent of the OS you are running. These days you can hand out writing pens with miniturized recording cams and mics no one will notice. That would be Spygameminux!

Dick Tracy and James Bond seem to be using the same watch makers! *Start*Busted

Night Hawk, Feb 18, 2016
  10. Fafhrd Win User
    I googled all of the Russki*nuxes - they all got hits.

What they are missing are ones for Literary and Poetic Russians - Pushkinux, Musicians - Borodinux, Cosmonauts - Gagarinux, and for dissidents - Solzhenitsynux

Fafhrd, Feb 18, 2016
  11. Have any Linux nesses for the candidates this year? One thing you can sure of is that with the introduction of the Education edition military as well as civilian public school systems will be seeing that one deployed all over in time!

Night Hawk, Feb 18, 2016
  12. dencal Win User
    Facial recognition to gain access to computer is certainly a security step in the right direction, though this might encourage kidnapping.

dencal, Feb 18, 2016
  13. US Department of Defense Commits Upgrade 4 Million Seats to Windows 10

For official sources that type of security is a bit more essential for verification of just who has access as cyber security is a foremost sought item at this time more so now then seen in the past! Facial rec along with finger print id which can be faked! is an added step to see that happen and prevent hacking, leaks, etc. Facial imaging as a security measure isn't something generally found shared on the web to begin with but stored locally on the local closed network that it would be used for.

Night Hawk, Feb 18, 2016
  14. Fafhrd Win User
    Nah. MS have them all in their pocketses - no contest.

Facial recognition is a no-no - hell, dencal, you could pass for George Clooney any day

Fafhrd, Feb 19, 2016
  15. The facial recognition wouldn't be online but in person! That's a big difference since trying to fake actual facial structures unlike wearing a mask is where physical dimensions as well proportions for each detail would have to be 100% exact! That would require either taking physical measurements in person or getting into the secured data base where that information is held and where a breach would be easy to go unnoticed. Of course it all depends on what machine that is used on as well as who owns it!

For tight knit security tough(gov or other)! For someone's home pc? unfortunately "gravy"! unless well resourced and heavily invested in protections like a wealthy business person. 3rd modeling has advanced over the years where that would be a concern. I might pass for Kris Kristopherson but no Clooney! *Doh*Roflmao2

Night Hawk, Feb 19, 2016
Thema:

1. US Department of Defense Commits Upgrade 4 Million Seats to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Department Defense Commits

2. Microsoft wins JEDI Cloud contract from U.S. Department of Defense

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft wins JEDI Cloud contract from U.S. Department of Defense: Over the last two years the Department of Defense has awarded more than $11 billion across 10 separate cloud contracts. As we continue to execute the DOD Cloud Strategy, additional contracts are planned for both cloud services and complementary migration and integration...
  3. Microsoft wins JEDI contract from U.S. Department of Defense

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft wins JEDI contract from U.S. Department of Defense: Over the last two years the Department of Defense has awarded more than $11 billion across 10 separate cloud contracts. As we continue to execute the DOD Cloud Strategy, additional contracts are planned for both cloud services and complementary migration and integration...
  4. THE NEED OF A DEFENSE QUAD THAT PROTECT US AGAINST THE CERTIFICATED...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    THE NEED OF A DEFENSE QUAD THAT PROTECT US AGAINST THE CERTIFICATED...: I need HELP TO STOP some unsolicited and naughty sender, with STRONG unappropriated content accessing my account. How is it that they are able to do this even when they have been BLOCKED. Once they are BLOCKED, they SHOULDNT be allowed to send any email to the account owner...
  5. Windows 10 trying to do a dns request to USA's department of defense

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 trying to do a dns request to USA's department of defense: Why would you think that my windows 10 pro v1803 is trying to query Name resolution for the name 140.37.232.199.in-addr.arpa. timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded. I live in Canada and definitely have never tried to access any DoD websites. Is...
  6. Intel to deliver 1st exascale supercomputer to US Department of Energy

in Windows 10 News
    Intel to deliver 1st exascale supercomputer to US Department of Energy: DBDPFC8cIMo [ATTACH] Today is an exciting day for the future of science and the tech industry. Our announcement today that Intel will deliver the U.S.’ first exascale supercomputer for the Department of Energy is a key moment in the evolution of the industry and a...
  7. Windows Defense

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defense: Can Windows Defense be run simultaneously along with my Vipre Advance Security program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-defense/1e715beb-59a9-48a1-b93b-d8a5717dea84"
  8. Massive leak exposes data on 123 million US households

in Windows 10 News
    Massive leak exposes data on 123 million US households: The door to your personal data got left wide open once again. Researchers revealed Tuesday that earlier this year they discovered a massive database -- containing information on more than 123 million American households -- that was sitting unsecured on the internet....
  9. Windows 10 upgrades: Microsoft sued for millions

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 upgrades: Microsoft sued for millions: Three Illinois residents are leading a class-action suit against Microsoft over data loss and damage to their computers, which they blame on the Windows 10 upgrade. It's been two years since Microsoft began pushing its Windows 10 upgrade to consumers, and complaints about...
  10. Surface now approved for U.S. Department of Defense

in Windows 10 News
    Surface now approved for U.S. Department of Defense: As the DoD plans for its upgrade to Windows 10, today we’re also pleased to announce that the Surface family of devices are now fully certified and available through the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) Unified Capabilities (UC) Approved Products List (APL) and can...