Windows 10: US display language + PL keyboard layout: cannot insert char Alt+A

Discus and support US display language + PL keyboard layout: cannot insert char Alt+A in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi there, I'm using combination as mentioned in the title. Recently I realized I cannot type "ą" char (right Alt + A). I guess it's some kind of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AdamYon, Sep 20, 2015.

1. AdamYon Win User

US display language + PL keyboard layout: cannot insert char Alt+A

Hi there,
    I'm using combination as mentioned in the title. Recently I realized I cannot type "ą" char (right Alt + A). I guess it's some kind of shortcut, since it sometimes pastes my clipboard into text fields.

Is there any way to deactivate that shortcut? I couldn't find any option to change shortcuts, playing with language settings doesn't work as well.

Thanks for help!

:)

AdamYon, Sep 20, 2015

2. Windows 10 Keyboard layout all fixed to English qwerty

I recently upgraded my computer to Windows 10, but there is an issue with switching keyboard layout.

I use two keyboard layouts: English and Korean. I usually switch layout using right ALT, but somehow keyboard layout stays English after pressing right ALT. So, when I checked keyboard layout, the display says it is Korean, but when I see preview it is English
    qwerty keyboard.

Is there any way to use the keyboard as I used to?

Turquoise_Haze, Sep 20, 2015
  3. hillrg Win User
    Alt Char Codes

I've installed a new copy of windows 10 and ALT + 251 no longer generates the square root symbol. Here is what I get:

ALT + 251 = ¹

ALT + 0251 = û

ALT + 8730 = →

Region = Canada

Windows display language = United States

How do I change this to get the square root symbol?

Thanks in advance

hillrg, Sep 20, 2015
Thema:

US display language + PL keyboard layout: cannot insert char Alt+A

1. US display language + PL keyboard layout: cannot insert char Alt+A - Similar Threads - display language keyboard

2. Different display language and keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different display language and keyboard layout: Hello fellow members,I have English as my display language because I work as a software developer and most of my devices use English as the system language, though all my input layouts are German QWERTZ because I live in Germany.How do I remove this pesky English United...
  3. Different display language and keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different display language and keyboard layout: Hello fellow members,I have English as my display language because I work as a software developer and most of my devices use English as the system language, though all my input layouts are German QWERTZ because I live in Germany.How do I remove this pesky English United...
  4. Windows keyboard languages layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows keyboard languages layout: Hi. I have 3 languages for keyboard and usually I have only 3 tabs of these 3 languages, but sometimes I have 5 tabs. Like usually it's ENG, UA and RUS but sometimes it's two ENG intl/Uk, UAukre/ru and RUS, why is that?...
  5. enter the password for this account keyboard layout us

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    enter the password for this account keyboard layout us: hello, my pc is having an error and it can't turn on properly, so the command "your pc did not start correctly" appears. I want to fix it through troubleshooting and enter the command prompt menu. I was asked for a password and I have entered it but nothing is correct. My...
  6. Language/keyboard layout not in settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language/keyboard layout not in settings: Hi, I just got a new Win10 laptop (which I looooove btw) and there appears to be an unwanted keyboard layout skulking about. When I click the language tile (next to date/time) or use the Win + space shortcut, 3 languages are listed: English UK, German, and, unwantedly,...
  7. "Enter the password for this account Keyboard Layout US"

"Enter the password for this account Keyboard Layout US": My 4 month old windows 10 HP laptop wouldn't boot up. I ended up taking it to repair shop. He needed the Bitlocker Drive Encryption, which I found on the MS website after logging into my MS account. He successfully entered that, but then got to a screen that is asking for...
  8. Cannot remove US keyboard layout

Cannot remove US keyboard layout: Recently I've noticed that a US keyboard layout has appeared on my language bar. I've always had jsut English UK and Japanese on there and it would switch between them whenever I press left shift + left alt. which turned out to be a very bad idea because I'm an artist and...
  9. Unwanted switching of keyboard layout to US QWERTY

Unwanted switching of keyboard layout to US QWERTY: I am using Japanese "Microsoft IME" as my only keyboard layout, but I had to change a registry entry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layouts\00000411 to make it use a different underlying layout, other than the US QWERTY, namely a customized...
  10. Keyboard Layout and Other Languages

Keyboard Layout and Other Languages: Just seeing if anyone has an answer to my conundrum. How do I change the keyboard layout for another language? For example, how can I make a USA QWERTY transliterate to Russian so Q=Q, W=W, E=E, R=R, and so on, not j=o, k=l or whatnot? When I select the Russian keyboard it...