Windows 10: US takes aim at Russian hackers who infected over 500,000 routers

Discus and support US takes aim at Russian hackers who infected over 500,000 routers in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; More than half a million routers and network devices in 54 countries have been infected with sophisticated malware, researchers from Cisco's Talos... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Borg 386, May 24, 2018.

1. Borg 386 Win User

US takes aim at Russian hackers who infected over 500,000 routers

US takes aim at Russian hackers who infected over 500,000 routers - CNET

:)

Borg 386, May 24, 2018

2. Russian hackers

nope

PA Bear - MS MVP, May 25, 2018
  3. davidjon1 Win User
    Russian hackers

has anybody else had an attempt to get into their m/soft acc. by russian hackers. i had 2 attempts on 6/02/17 from 2 different places with Russian i.p.addresses. i discovered it in my "recent activity" and m/soft had commented "unsuccessful attempt
    and nothing to worry about". I dont know about that. it was lucky i looked as i had no notice or e-mail was sent to let me know as those Ruskies are a bit dodgy,what?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

davidjon1, May 25, 2018
Thema:

US takes aim at Russian hackers who infected over 500,000 routers

1. US takes aim at Russian hackers who infected over 500,000 routers - Similar Threads - takes aim Russian

2. Microsoft is the WORST!!! Letting Russian hackers take control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft is the WORST!!! Letting Russian hackers take control: Russia hacked my email and stole all of my accounts. I've taken back all of the accounts but Microsoft. I cannot contact ANYONE to change my email back to what it was. They finally said I'm the owner of the account, asked me to change my password which I did. Then to do...
  3. Microsoft is the WORST!!! Letting Russian hackers take control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microsoft is the WORST!!! Letting Russian hackers take control: Russia hacked my email and stole all of my accounts. I've taken back all of the accounts but Microsoft. I cannot contact ANYONE to change my email back to what it was. They finally said I'm the owner of the account, asked me to change my password which I did. Then to do...
  4. Microsoft is the WORST!!! Letting Russian hackers take control

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. A hacker tried to take over my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A hacker tried to take over my computer: A hacker tried to take over my computer. When I opened my laptop, a couple Windows Defender Security Center pop up came up and the message said to call Microsoft Security at 888-901-6654 to unlock my computer. I called the number and the person said to type Windows key and R....
  6. A hacker tried to take over my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A hacker tried to take over my computer: A hacker tried to take over my computer. When I opened my laptop, a couple Windows Defender Security Center pop up came up and the message said to call Microsoft Security at 888-901-6654 to unlock my computer. I called the number and the person said to type Windows key and R....
  7. A hacker tried to take over my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Hackers opening SMB ports on routers to infect PCs with NSA malware

in Windows 10 News
    Hackers opening SMB ports on routers to infect PCs with NSA malware: Akamai has detected an ingenious malware campaign that alters configurations on home and small office routers to open connections toward internal networks so crooks can infect previously isolated computers. The way hackers achieve this, Akamai said, is via a technique known...
  9. CIA Infection of Routers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    CIA Infection of Routers: What do the forum's security experts think of this? https://arstechnica.com/security/201...stening-posts/ 86979
  10. Taking aim at annoying page jumps in Chrome

in Windows 10 News
    Taking aim at annoying page jumps in Chrome: Have you ever opened a link shared by a friend to an article you were eager to read, scrolled to the second paragraph, and found yourself suddenly back near the top of the page, as if everything had shifted beneath you? These annoying page jumps typically happen when the...