Windows 10: USB 2.0 compatability on Sony Vaio

Discus and support USB 2.0 compatability on Sony Vaio in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My computer info [img] Device Manager [img] Great. I just spent 1/2 hour composing a message and kept seeing "Auto Saved" keep popping up, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BeachBengal, Sep 14, 2015.

1. USB 2.0 compatability on Sony Vaio

My computer info

USB 2.0 compatability on Sony Vaio [​IMG]

Device Manager

USB 2.0 compatability on Sony Vaio [​IMG]

Great. I just spent 1/2 hour composing a message and kept seeing "Auto Saved" keep popping up, but my hand slipped, don't know what I did, but was left with the 2 pics above, lost everything I had typed, and don't see how to bring back what was auto saved, so going with short version of issue:

• I have 3-USB ports, inside colored blue, 1 HDMI, and 1 SD card reader
      • Are all 3 USB ports 3.0?
      • Is that confirmed by the blue coloring?
      • How can I tell in Device Manager?
    • Does USB 3.0 back-read 2.0?
      • Seems logical that it would, but I have a device (webcam) that, when plugged in, is sometimes recognized, but the camera app cannot run it, that it needs additional permissions but won't let me give them (yes, logged in as admin). Have tried to update drivers (says all current), FixIt, re-boot, etc. Nothing works. Sometimes it is not recognized at all.
      • Is this a typical MS money grab to force new purchases/upgrades?

Your help is much appreciated.

:)

BeachBengal, Sep 14, 2015
  2. JohnCPR Win User

Upgrade from Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit to Windows 10 on Sony VAIO PC

I have a Sony VAIO Model VGN-NW150D with Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I would like to upgrade to Windows 10 if the OS is compatible with the VAIO laptop. Sony presently notes that I should check with Microsoft to determine the compatibility since Sony has
    not developed the drivers. If not compatible, Sony does not recommend the upgrade.

How do I determine compatibility using the Windows 10 compatibility report and where do I find it?

JohnCPR, Sep 14, 2015
  3. mslsml Win User
    Sony Vaio strongly recommend for not upgrade to Windows 10 on July 29!!!!!

Both of you, "downgrade" to previous O/S (you have that possibility inside Windows 10), you cannot install Windows 10 on Sony Vaio products without big problems and check Sony Vaio update for green light to Win 10 upgrade!

Doesn't mater what Microsoft app telling you, according to Sony, no update of Sony VAIO drivers for Windows 10 before November 2015, so best for all is to "downgrade" to previous O/S.

"Microsoft compatibility application for Windows 10" is joke, just as "Microsoft compatibility application for Windows 8". Microsoft destroyed millions of the PC's all over the globe with failed "Microsoft compatibility application for Windows 8", so don't
    believe them now. Wait Sony Vaio update green light from Sony.

mslsml, Sep 14, 2015
  4. USB 2.0 compatability on Sony Vaio

Cluster Head, Sep 14, 2015
Thema:

USB 2.0 compatability on Sony Vaio

1. USB 2.0 compatability on Sony Vaio - Similar Threads - USB compatability Sony

2. SSD COMPATIBILITY ON SONY VAIO SVE1513ACNB 2013

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD COMPATIBILITY ON SONY VAIO SVE1513ACNB 2013: I wish to replace the Hitachi HTS545050A7E380 to a Samsung Evo 870 SSD. I asked on Sony VAIO support , but they said it's not recommended to make changes to storage as their operations have shut down in India. They didn't specify technical reason. Still I wish to replace the...
  3. SSD COMPATIBILITY ON SONY VAIO SVE1513ACNB 2013

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD COMPATIBILITY ON SONY VAIO SVE1513ACNB 2013: I wish to replace the Hitachi HTS545050A7E380 to a Samsung Evo 870 SSD. I asked on Sony VAIO support , but they said it's not recommended to make changes to storage as their operations have shut down in India. They didn't specify technical reason. Still I wish to replace the...
  4. SSD COMPATIBILITY ON SONY VAIO SVE1513ACNB 2013

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. SSD COMPATIBILITY ON SONY VAIO SVE1513ACNB 2013

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Sony vaio sve14126caw

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sony vaio sve14126caw: I WANT TO FACTORY RESET MY SONY VAIO LAPTOP BUT I CAN ONLY ACCESS THE BIOS BECAUSE IF I START UP THE LAPTOP, IT WILL JUST BE STUCK AT THE VAIO LOGO. I WANT TO FACTORY RESET MY LAPTOP THROUGH BIOS. IS THIS POSSIBLE?...
  7. sony vaio , problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sony vaio , problem: I'm using a Sony Vaio VPCS12X9E. Just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. The driver for video card is using Intel HD Graphics driver. Since installing, screen brightness lowered . I cannot change screen brightness . I don't want and I can't throw my sony away . I have...
  8. Windows 10 Compatibility with Sony Vaio Model VPCEA16FG

Windows 10 Compatibility with Sony Vaio Model VPCEA16FG: hello and thank you for all the hard works. i have a Sony Vaio VPCEA16FG and i'm runnig a old version of windows 10 in it, yesterday wanted to reinstall windows 10 to build 2004.19041.508 and in the loading logo windows for installation it get restart every time, i need to...
  9. Help! Sony Vaio

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help! Sony Vaio: Hello. I have a old Sony Vaio that came with a i3-350M, i bought a new CPU (i5-560M) and changed it. I started the computer, everything was ok. But i notice the fan was kicking way more times. When i downloaded the Intel Processor Identification Utility i found that my CPU...
  10. Windows 10 Compatibility with Sony Vaio Model VPCEB15FM

Windows 10 Compatibility with Sony Vaio Model VPCEB15FM: I have an old Sony Vaio computer. Model number is VPCEB15FM. I need to know if this computer is compatible with Windows 10. I would like to upgrade from Windows 7. Thanks....