Windows 10: USB 2.0 Optical Mouse polling rate on Windows 10

Discus and support USB 2.0 Optical Mouse polling rate on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I will definitely come off as "that guy" when I'm posting this thread but anyway, this is something I feel I need some assistance with. I just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by johnally, Aug 3, 2015.

1. johnally Win User

USB 2.0 Optical Mouse polling rate on Windows 10

I will definitely come off as "that guy" when I'm posting this thread but anyway, this is something I feel I need some assistance with.

I just upgraded to Windows 10 recently and the experience so far has been very rewarding. It is indeed refreshing to see a nice operating system once in a while. However, something has been annoying me a little bit and I wanted to spit it out to see how many are really affected by it.

My deathadder black edition broke few days prior to my Windows 10 upgrade. In the mean time I was using a standard mouse for gaming and the result has been rather satisfying since I overclocked the USB ports to 1000hz (1ms response time) on my Windows 7 64bit. Sadly, on Windows 10 this cannot be done and I don't really get the exact reason why it cannot be done (not sure if it's a technical constraint or just a policy from Microsoft).

I was wondering if anyone found any solution/workaround to that issue? (I don't need the "get a new mouse" solution)

I acknowledge there was a post few days back but the solution to it was not gratifying and I think since Windows 10 is still in its debut, something surely is being done about that somewhere and since the internet is so vast, I was wondering who stumbled on what in that regard.

P.S I'm from Mauritius. English is not my native language. So excuse any typos or wrong phrasing!

Thank you a lot *Smile

:)

johnally, Aug 3, 2015

2. Need a Complete Windows 10 Mouse (and other device) Polling Rates Listing!

Hello,

I would like to inform that polling rate of any device depends on the hardware.

The polling rate of a mouse is how often it
    reports its position to a computer which is measured in Hz. A mouse will report its position 125 times every second
    which shows, its polling rate
    is 125 Hz.

You may set the polling rate in the control panel if the mouse supports high polling rate.

You may try contacting the manufacturer of the hardware regarding this.

If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Aug 3, 2015
  3. Microsoft wireless oprical mouse 2.0

Hi Tim,

Microsoft Wireless Optical Mouse 2.0 is not compatible with Windows 10. For more details and driver installer information,
    please check this link.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Forum moderator

Roberto Ven, Aug 3, 2015
  4. johnally Win User

Wow, 4 days ago. Unanswered! Interesting!

johnally, Aug 7, 2015
Thema:

1. USB 2.0 Optical Mouse polling rate on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB Optical Mouse

2. Windows 11 Lags on Gaming with 1000 Mouse Polling rate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Lags on Gaming with 1000 Mouse Polling rate.: This Issue has came up as soon as i upgraded from windows 10 to 11. As soon as i drop my mouse polling rate to 125 the lag stops. I Can't Game at 125 cause thats Trash please tell me how to fix it...
  3. Windows 11 Lags on Gaming with 1000 Mouse Polling rate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Lags on Gaming with 1000 Mouse Polling rate.: This Issue has came up as soon as i upgraded from windows 10 to 11. As soon as i drop my mouse polling rate to 125 the lag stops. I Can't Game at 125 cause thats Trash please tell me how to fix it...
  4. Windows 10 support for "Intellimouse Optical USB and PS/2 compatible"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 support for "Intellimouse Optical USB and PS/2 compatible": Windows 10 provides no support for configuring mouse buttons. Microsoft removed support for its own mouse!After much frustration, found a solution. Google "intellipoint 8.2 download", it'll find the MS s/w you need on download.cnet.com.It's beyond understanding why MS doesn't...
  5. Windows 10 support for "Intellimouse Optical USB and PS/2 compatible"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 support for "Intellimouse Optical USB and PS/2 compatible": Windows 10 provides no support for configuring mouse buttons. Microsoft removed support for its own mouse!After much frustration, found a solution. Google "intellipoint 8.2 download", it'll find the MS s/w you need on download.cnet.com.It's beyond understanding why MS doesn't...
  6. Windows 10 support for "Intellimouse Optical USB and PS/2 compatible"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. The Mouse's Polling Rate can Cause Performance Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Mouse's Polling Rate can Cause Performance Issues: Hello everyone, Your mouse's polling rate could cause performance issues when playing games. So, next time you have performance issues, try fiddling with the polling rate of your mouse. thank you, Farid....
  8. New Razer Viper 8K mouse with 8000Hz polling rate

in Windows 10 News
    New Razer Viper 8K mouse with 8000Hz polling rate: [ATTACH] IRVINE, Calif. – Razer™, the leading global lifestyle brand for gamers, today announced their new proprietary Razer™ HyperPolling Technology, debuting in the new Razer Viper 8KHz mouse, the world’s first esports gaming mouse...
  9. Can't increase mouse polling rate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't increase mouse polling rate: Apparently this is an issue with the Windows 10 past certain builds. I've been trying to increase my mouse polling rate which is supposed to be 1000hz but on Win 10 is only workint at 125hz. I tried to do it with the HIDUSBF method and whenever I increase it to any number...
  10. Is there a way to change the mouse polling rate

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to change the mouse polling rate: Win 10 seems to have the same issue that Win 8.1 had with the mouse polling rate where the desktop polling rate is locked at 200Hz. I have not validated the actual Hz but the mouse feels the same as 8.1. This is not a gaming issue, I am pretty sure most games will work at the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change mouse polling rate windows 10

2. windows 1909 usb polling

3. usb polling rate windows 10

4. mouse polling windows,
  5. set bluetooth mouse report rate ,
  6. windows 10 mouse polling rate,
  7. mouse polling rate windows 10,
  8. microsoft optical mouse polling rate windows 10