Windows 10: USB 3.0 Ethernet access problem

Discus and support USB 3.0 Ethernet access problem in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Experienced user but not power. I have just upgraded to WIN 10 and have problems accessing net. My mother board Ethernet port is dust. Have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by frostfrank, Dec 5, 2015.

1. USB 3.0 Ethernet access problem

Experienced user but not power.
    I have just upgraded to WIN 10 and have problems accessing net.
    My mother board Ethernet port is dust. Have been using a USB 3.0 ASIX AX88179 Ethernet adapter.
    Worked fine in WIN 7. In WIN 10 I lose the connection and have to reset the network adapter about every 2 - 3 min.
    Have removed the ASIX in device mgr. did not fix.
    Have searched for other network connections but cannot find one. Also can't find out how to delete the present one to set it up again.
    Can anyone give me a pointer for where to look or what to do?
    Thanks,
    Frank

:)

frostfrank, Dec 5, 2015
  2. Ari510 Win User

How to find Ethernet Adaptor compatible for Windows 10 from Windows Store?

I am considering purchase of Dell Inspiron 13 i7359-8408SLV Sig Ed. The 2-1 has no Ethernet port, but does have 3.0 USB ports. I will need to be connected 1gbs flat cable while working at some locations.

Any recommendations for windows 10-compatible usb 3.0--> 1000 LAN (1 gbs) Ethernet adaptor? I would like to purchase the adaptor online with my Dell order through Microsoft store.

Thanks!

Original title: Windows 10 Laptop and USB 3.0 ---> Ethernet adaptor

Ari510, Dec 5, 2015
  3. USB 3.0 disabled backward compatibility with USB 2.0 for Network Adapters in Windows 10

Hi,

I was trying to install my Ethernet to USB adapter to my ultrabook after upgrading to windows 10.

Unfortunately I was unable to to use it anymore with the following error message:

ASIX AX88772C USB2.0 to Fast Ethernet Adapter can’t work properly with USB 3.0.

If the USB 2.0 device is incompatible with USB 3.0, plugging it into a USB 2.0 port can solve the problem.

The bad news is, it works fine with windows 8.1 and I cannot downgrade anymore.

The following link is the screenshot i have when I troubleshoot:

http://postimg.org/image/tq3emszgx/

Regards,

Adit.

AditSuryakusuma, Dec 5, 2015
  4. USB 3.0 Ethernet access problem

sciencegeek, Dec 5, 2015
Thema:

USB 3.0 Ethernet access problem

1. USB 3.0 Ethernet access problem - Similar Threads - USB Ethernet access

2. 0 Kbps send/received ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0 Kbps send/received ethernet: so quiet for a while this has been going on and i couldnt find any solutions on how to , every day i try to play a game my ping would tend to spike a lot. like out of the blue it could be perfectly fine then it would just spiking like crazy, and i dont know what to do , i...
  3. 0 Kbps send/received ethernet

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0 Kbps send/received ethernet: so quiet for a while this has been going on and i couldnt find any solutions on how to , every day i try to play a game my ping would tend to spike a lot. like out of the blue it could be perfectly fine then it would just spiking like crazy, and i dont know what to do , i...
  4. USB 3

USB 3: Somebody fixed my USB 3 ports With the May 2023 Driver. They haven’ worked correctly for more than a year and several driver updates. Thanks a lot! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-3/68c903ad-082d-4aef-8c7d-a40abdfca86c
  5. USB 3

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3: Somebody fixed my USB 3 ports With the May 2023 Driver. They haven’ worked correctly for more than a year and several driver updates. Thanks a lot! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-3/68c903ad-082d-4aef-8c7d-a40abdfca86c
  6. USB 3 to Ethernet connectivity issue.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB 3 to Ethernet connectivity issue.: Hello Team,I have bought Diva USB 3 to 3 USB network adapters including ethernet. I am using Lenovo ideapad 5, which does not have a build-in LAN port and I am unable to find ethernet drivers, also the Realtek auto installation program. The USB ports within the hub are...
  7. USB 3 to Ethernet connectivity issue.

USB 3 to Ethernet connectivity issue.: Hello Team,I have bought Diva USB 3 to 3 USB network adapters including ethernet. I am using Lenovo ideapad 5, which does not have a build-in LAN port and I am unable to find ethernet drivers, also the Realtek auto installation program. The USB ports within the hub are...
  8. 0 Kbps Send/Received ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    0 Kbps Send/Received ethernet: My Ethernet has been like this for quite a while and I don't know how to fix it. Whenever I am on my browser to search something up or to watch a video my internet does it without any problems but when I try to play any games it shows that I do not have any connection to the...
  9. Ethernet 3?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet 3?: How to change the name from Ethernet 3 back to just Ethernet? I tried resetting my network but that did nothing. submitted by /u/PossessedGravy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gy51i4/ethernet_3/
  10. Can't access drives in external USB 3 enclosures

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't access drives in external USB 3 enclosures: Ever since I switched over to my new Windows 10 PC, I haven't been able to access my external USB 3.0 enclosures. They are all 4-disk enclosures by IcyDock (Black Vortex). On my old Windows 7 PC, all I had to do was turn it on and all 4 drives were detected via USB 3. Now on...