Windows 10: Usb 3.0 host controller MSI gaming 970 gaming board

Discus and support Usb 3.0 host controller MSI gaming 970 gaming board in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an MSI 970 gaming board with windows 10 64bit installed and everytime and mostly all the time with this External 6tb seagate hub drive when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by encom45, May 23, 2018.

1. encom45 Win User

Usb 3.0 host controller MSI gaming 970 gaming board

I have an MSI 970 gaming board with windows 10 64bit installed and everytime and mostly all the time with this External 6tb seagate hub drive when plugged in Windows does not see but it is seen in the BIOS also seagate does not have any drivers for it since its suppose to work out of the box with windows 10. i have attached device manager issue. I can not figure out for the life of me why it keeps doing this. is it something in the BIOS? the bios version is 22.4. there are no new bios versions.
    Usb 3.0 host controller MSI gaming 970 gaming board [​IMG]

:)

encom45, May 23, 2018

2. Game controller ID settings

Hi Joe,

Thank you for the update. I understand your concern.

I would suggest you to look for the Devices settings in Control Panel and check if the game controllers are listed. If so, refer to the following steps to alter the settings and check if these are helpful in resolving your issue.

a. Right click on one of your game controllers and click Game Controller Settings. Note where in the list it is. If it is not at the top proceed to the next step.

b. Right click and remove all your other controllers (not the 360/gamepad) and let them reinstall automatically.

c. Once complete right click and check the list again and see if the 360 controller/gamepad is at the top. If so, give the game another try and see if it detects your controller.

If the issue still persists, restart your console and then try to reconnect your controller.

Hope this information is helpful. Please post back your results for further assistance.

Harkanwar Singh, May 25, 2018
  3. Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

Hi Willard,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to download Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0

• Disconnect the game controller from your computer's universal serial bus (USB) port.
    • Insert the Microsoft Sidewinder compact disc into your computer's CD-ROM or DVD-ROM drive. Hold down the SHIFT key to prevent installation from automatically starting.
    • On your desktop, double-click My Computer, and then browse to the following file:
      CD-ROM drive:\Setup\Setup.exe
    • Double-click Setup.exe to start the installation process.
    • Restart your computer when prompted.
    • Plug the SideWinder game controller into your computer's USB port, and then allow Microsoft Windows to detect and install it.

Install the software update if the controller is the Sidewinder Game Controller Software 4.0
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know the status.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, May 25, 2018
Thema:

Usb 3.0 host controller MSI gaming 970 gaming board

1. Usb 3.0 host controller MSI gaming 970 gaming board - Similar Threads - Usb host controller

2. USB host controller question - multiple host controllers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB host controller question - multiple host controllers: Windows 10 desktop PC has two USB Host Controllers installed. See attached image. AMD USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.0 MicrosoftandAMD USB 3.1 eXtensible Host Controller - 1.10 Microsoft Do we need both of them? The USB ports work for USB thumbdrives but not for a...
  3. USB game controller adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB game controller adapter: I have a generic adapter and here is the problem. It's a ps2 controller to USB adapter and it's a dual adapter. When I plug in 2 controllers, neither one is recognized. It only works when there is just one controller plugged in. Is there a driver that I can download to fix...
  4. USB Host Controller error.

USB Host Controller error.: Can you please advise steps to resolve the issue? I did try to update the driver but it is reported as using the latest one. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-host-controller-error/ecaaf497-7ae5-4a9c-861e-5ddf167431cd
  5. Hoyle Board Games 3 won't run in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hoyle Board Games 3 won't run in Windows 10: This CD previous ran on Windows 98, but won't run on Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hoyle-board-games-3-wont-run-in-windows-10/bf7c5c48-8e8f-4191-9744-983ce9b95c22
  6. usb 3 board

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb 3 board: just installed a new usb 3 board, but PC cannot find or recognize it. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-3-board/e0a97612-4258-4aa9-97e2-7240772ca3eb
  7. USB 3 PCI Express Board

USB 3 PCI Express Board: I fitted a USB 3 PCI Express Board and kept getting a code 43 tried every thing and finally returned it, and the supplier sent me a second PCI board which doesn't give a code 43 and when I check it out on Device Manager it says that iI have the most up to date drivers and the...
  8. Hosting a game

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hosting a game: I am hosting a game on my local network. I have other laptops connected to my network but I can't see them. How do I get them to join? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/hosting-a-game/17992b7d-0464-4ccd-9324-d5dcf952657b
  9. MSI 970 GAMING 5.1 sound Subwoofer not working WIN10 / WIN7

MSI 970 GAMING 5.1 sound Subwoofer not working WIN10 / WIN7: Hello, i have important question, which is annoying me all day yet. I really dont know what to do yet. I have problem with my 5.1 audio speakers ( Genius sw-hf 5.1 4500 ,230V-EU ) . I am daily using windows 10 and i had my speakers connected to pc as stereo /2xcinch to...
  10. USB 3 is not runing usb 3 speeds on my board

USB 3 is not runing usb 3 speeds on my board: So i had to get intel chipset drivers for my board from intel my board is a msi z77a-g45 all drivers show working and functioning here is a picture of the drivers installed, i can't figure out why all my usb 3 devices are not running at usb 3 speed they are running at usb 2.0...