Windows 10: USB 3.0 Not recognized

Discus and support USB 3.0 Not recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Dear All Experts, I have a Laptop HP Elitebook Intel core i5 (2520M) And I installed windows 10 to it , it is 64 bit OS. And I have A USB flash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by maamiradina, Mar 29, 2017.

1. USB 3.0 Not recognized

Hi Dear All Experts,
    I have a Laptop HP Elitebook Intel core i5 (2520M)
    And I installed windows 10 to it , it is 64 bit OS.
    And I have A USB flash drive 16 GB, USB 3.0 But when I insert it to USB 3.0 hub.
    it gives a message that device descroptor request failed,
    some times it gives a message set Address failed
    and sometime gives Port Reset failed
    and now it gives device failed Enumeration.
    So please kindly tel me about this issue.
    Thank you!

:)

maamiradina, Mar 29, 2017

2. USB 3.0 pqi pen drive working normally in Windows 7 on USB 2.0 and 3.0 port. But doesn't work on USB 3.0 port in windows 10 or 8.1

My pqi pen drive USB 3.0 is working normally in Windows 7(both USB 2.0 AND USB 3.0 ports). But when I insert the pen drive to Windows 8.1 or 10 pc in a USB 3.0 port, it is not recognized, but it works normally in USB 2.0 port. I have updated the driver also
    but it says the up to date driver is already installed. It works normally on USB 2.0 ports( I tried it on different computers, only when plugged into USB 3.0 port, it says not recognized, or else works normally ).

But external hard disks(USB 3.0) works normally.

Solutions greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

SudeepShakya, Mar 29, 2017
  3. External storage drive does not get recognized through USB 3.0

I have a Seagate external hard disk that is USB 3.0 Compatible (blue port, marked SS) and I use a Lenovo (G50-80) laptop that has one USB 3.0 port.

The hard disk gets recognized when connected to any of the USB 2.0 ports of the laptop. But it doesn't get recognized when I connect it to a 3.0 port. Any other hardware, such as a mouse or a pen drive work completely fine with the 3.0 port of the laptop.
    The problem arises only when I try to connect the hard disk to 3.0 port. The LED indicator on the hard drive also turns on, but the hard disk does not get recognized. I don't see any warning on the notification panel such as 'USB drive not recognized'. I also
    don't see any yellow triangles on the device manager. I want to enjoy the high-speed data transfer through the 3.0 port. Please help.

SrikanthPrasad, Mar 29, 2017
  4. asusG Win User

USB 3.0 Not recognized

hi
    do you have an HP dvd for your laptop, it should have came with it ?

asusG, Mar 29, 2017
  5. Yes it have an integrated DVD RW drive

maamiradina, Mar 29, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    What is the model # of the HP Elite Laptop?
    Are you plugging this drive directly into the Blue USB 3.0 ports of the laptop? or are you using a USB 3.0 Hub? Does the Hub have it's own power adapter? If so, be sure to use it and plug it directly into the wall and not through a power strip as this will diminish the power.
    If plugging directly into the USB 3.0 ports on the laptop Go to the HP Support/Drivers site, Type in your model # and download the Chipset driver, and under Software-solutions USB 3.0 software.

spunk, Mar 29, 2017
  7. I have Hp elitebook 8460p model Running windows 10 on it, However windows 10 is not compatible with this device, Because on Hp website there is no option to download drivers for windows 10.
    And I already installed usb 3.0 drivers for this

USB 3.0 Not recognized [​IMG]

maamiradina, Mar 30, 2017
  8. Berton Win User

USB 3.0 Not recognized

I surprised a client yesterday when I showed her the Blue USB port on her Notebook, didn't know she had it. It did help in copying files when plugging her WD My Book into it with its included/required USB 3.0 cable rather than use a USB 2.0 port.

Berton, Mar 30, 2017
  9. spunk Win User
    The attached picture in Post #5 shows USB 2.0 ports (Black instead of USB 3.0 Blue) Are there USB 3.0 ports on the other side of the laptop?
    Go to the HP Support/Drivers page Drivers Software for HP EliteBook 8460p Notebook PC - HP Support Center. and select your version of Windows (Ie) 32Bit or 64bit. Download the Chipset Driver and the USB 3.0 driver. When you download the driver, it unzips to a place on your C: drive. Usually C:\Software Distribution\Drivers or some such. Take note of where it downloads. This should start the Setup. If it fails, because it is for Windows 7, Browse to this folder, open it and right click Setup.exe and choose Properties/Compatibility make it compatible with Windows 7. Install the Chipset driver first, then the USB 3.0 driver in this fashion and restart. If you still have a problem, update the Bios.

spunk, Mar 31, 2017
  10. I downloaded this photo from notebookcheck.net
    And these are USB 3.0 ports (not in blue color)
    i informed that these are usb 3.0 ports because when I Renew my windows these ports are not working untill I install USB 3.0 drivers.
    And I have windows 10 in my machine, However windows 10 is still not supported by HP website for this Device,
    And also in your provided link there is no option for windows 10

maamiradina, Apr 1, 2017
  11. spunk Win User
    Did you follow the instructions in the Quote above to install the drivers? If you install drivers in Compatibility mode, they will install in Windows 10.

As far as I know, any USB port that is Black and not Blue, is a USB 2.0 port, the chipset driver for the board and it's USB 2.0 ports may be included in the USB 3.0 Driver.

spunk, Apr 3, 2017
  12. All of the USB ports on my Dell Precision M4800 are black, including all four of the SuperSpeed USB 3.0 ports. It all depends on how the manufacturer wants to do it. They are all labeled with the SS USB logo and give USB 3.0 transfer speeds.

ArazelEternal, Apr 3, 2017
  13. USB 3.0 Not recognized

Pictures to illustrate my point

14. sygnus21 Win User
    Initially all USB 3.0 ports were blue to easily distinguish them from USB 2.0 ports. Today, with the prevalence of USB 3.0, I guess black is back in now. I know all my motherboard's USB 3.0 ports are blue, where the two USB 2.0 ports are black. And this is a Z170 Skylake board. My USB 3.1 port is red. And I've one USB 3.0 white port, but the color denotes it's to be used for Q-Flash (BIOS updates).

Anyway yeah, USB 3.0 ports (and 3.0 cable ends) are (usually) blue.

Edit: BTW if you're using USB 2.0 cable on a 3.0 device, you're just getting 2.0 speeds. You need a 3.0 cable to get 3.0 speeds.

sygnus21, Apr 3, 2017
  15. That's interesting. That laptop is a 2013/2014 model.

Thema:

USB 3.0 Not recognized

1. USB 3.0 Not recognized - Similar Threads - USB recognized

2. I just bought a usb to guitar cord and it is recognizing it as a speaker and an output but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I just bought a usb to guitar cord and it is recognizing it as a speaker and an output but...: I need help because I REALLY want this to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-bought-a-usb-to-guitar-cord-and-it-is/02b54a48-3350-40e9-85a3-892914c35783
  3. I just bought a usb to guitar cord and it is recognizing it as a speaker and an output but...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I just bought a usb to guitar cord and it is recognizing it as a speaker and an output but...: I need help because I REALLY want this to work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-just-bought-a-usb-to-guitar-cord-and-it-is/02b54a48-3350-40e9-85a3-892914c35783
  4. I just bought a usb to guitar cord and it is recognizing it as a speaker and an output but...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Ports Not Recognizing Device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Ports Not Recognizing Device: This machine has 4 USB ports, but none of them are recognizing any devices being plugged into the machine. Not sure what other information may be necessary, but I am here in front of the machine ready to answer any questions that I can. Thank you....
  6. USB Ports Not Recognizing Device

USB Ports Not Recognizing Device: This machine has 4 USB ports, but none of them are recognizing any devices being plugged into the machine. Not sure what other information may be necessary, but I am here in front of the machine ready to answer any questions that I can. Thank you....
  7. My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones: I use a usb adapter to plug in my headphones to my computer, but for the past few days it hasnt been recognizing my headphones and only recognize the adapter calling it "USB Serial Device COM5" instead of recognizing my headphones. The headphones are perfectly fine and work...
  8. My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones

My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones: I use a usb adapter to plug in my headphones to my computer, but for the past few days it hasnt been recognizing my headphones and only recognize the adapter calling it "USB Serial Device COM5" instead of recognizing my headphones. The headphones are perfectly fine and work...
  9. My computer isnt recognizing my usb adapter for my headphones

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a Recovery Drive does not recognize my USB flash drive.: Create a recovery drive does not recognize my USB flash drive. The flash drive appears in file explorer and is formatted and is 64GB. I have tried several drives and get the same problem....