Windows 10: USB 3.1 drive not recognised only on Front USB 3 ports but other devices are and works on...

Discus and support USB 3.1 drive not recognised only on Front USB 3 ports but other devices are and works on... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, suddenly since today 29 July 2018 my Apacer USB 3.1 Gen1 HDD drive is not recognised on the front USB 3 ports although other devices are and it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PeaceProphet, Jul 29, 2018.

1. USB 3.1 drive not recognised only on Front USB 3 ports but other devices are and works on...

Hi, suddenly since today 29 July 2018 my Apacer USB 3.1 Gen1 HDD drive is not recognised on the front USB 3 ports although other devices are and it is seen on the back USB 3 ports.

It was working fine before and its just weird that all other USB devices are seen on the USB 3 ports except that specific device, but yet that specific device are seen on any USB 2 ports and back USB 3 ports.

Motherboard is a ASROCK Z370 Taichi running a Intel I7 8700 chip on Win 10 Pro fully updated.

:)

PeaceProphet, Jul 29, 2018
  2. Phone Man Win User

WD MyPassport 1TB only works through USB 2 ports, USB 3 not recognised

The USB 3 ports are actually wired with leads for USB 3 and leads for USB 2. Since you narrowed it down to the WD device, maybe there is problem with the USB 3 leads on that port. Take a good look at the pins on the WD drive.
    Pins 1-4 are USB 2 and pins 5-9 are USB 3.
    USB 3.1 drive not recognised only on Front USB 3 ports but other devices are and works on... [​IMG]

USB 3.1 drive not recognised only on Front USB 3 ports but other devices are and works on... [​IMG]

Phone Man, Jul 29, 2018
  3. foxslink Win User
    USB 3 Ports not working

Hi folks,
    i was trying to copy some files from an external drive using the usb 3 port on my M/B but it doesnt work, i downloaded the drivers from the Manufacturers website but no luck either, am i missing an important step here? i havent checked the Bios yet
    GA-Z170XP-SLI (rev. 1.0) | Motherboard - GIGABYTE Global

foxslink, Jul 29, 2018
  4. USB 3.1 drive not recognised only on Front USB 3 ports but other devices are and works on...

USB 3 Ports not working

What's the external HDD model?
    From my personal experience I can tell that some USB storage devices have crappy/unreliable controllers (AsMedia being one of them). Had at least 5 flash drives and 2 enclosures that all of a sudden stopped working on USB3.0 bus (not even recognized), but work just fine on USB2.0.

What you need to do, is the following:
    1) stick a keyboard or mouse into presumably-non-working port to check if it's recognizing other devices
    2) If it works, then most likely ports are OK. Check if it's going to recognize something like a USB3.0 flash drive.
    3) Stick that ext.HDD into USB2.0 port to check if it works. If it does, then you have the same problem as I do.

If you were trying to connect it to a front panel USB, then it's also worth checking the cable inside your case. That stupid thing is so stiff, that sometimes it manages to wiggle itself out of the header and mess with USB connection.

silentbogo, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

USB 3.1 drive not recognised only on Front USB 3 ports but other devices are and works on...

1. USB 3.1 drive not recognised only on Front USB 3 ports but other devices are and works on... - Similar Threads - USB drive recognised

2. All USB 3 and 2 ports are not recognising any ssd drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All USB 3 and 2 ports are not recognising any ssd drives: The ports recognize mouse, keyboard, headset and card reader but not portable ssd drives. They are recognized in my other windows 10 OS on another disk so it seems to be some setting on my main Windows os. I checked USB suspend settings - disabled. Checked bios but can't be...
  3. "USB device not recognised" in 1 USB-C port with working devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "USB device not recognised" in 1 USB-C port with working devices: Whenever I connect a working webcam or an external HDD to the non-Thunderbolt USB-C port of my Lenovo X1 Nano laptop, I receive the following error.Windows 11I have installed the latest drivers.I have performed a pin-hole reset.The same error occurs.Lenovo support says the...
  4. "USB device not recognised" in 1 USB-C port with working devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "USB device not recognised" in 1 USB-C port with working devices: Whenever I connect a working webcam or an external HDD to the non-Thunderbolt USB-C port of my Lenovo X1 Nano laptop, I receive the following error.Windows 11I have installed the latest drivers.I have performed a pin-hole reset.The same error occurs.Lenovo support says the...
  5. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  6. Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Usb 3 hub not recognising usb 2 device: So i have a usb 3 hub that i use but if i connect a usb 2 device it will connect and disconnect repeatedly and disconnect it fully. Is there any way of fixing this?...
  7. USB 3 Ports No Longer Work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB 3 Ports No Longer Work: After updating Windows back in May, my USB 3.0 ports provide power, but no data. I have uninstalled/reinstalled the USB drivers to no avail. I have been unable to find an older version of the drivers to rollback to. I am currently on Windows 10 Pro version 10.0.19042 Build...
  8. USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices

USB 3 ports not working with USB 3 Devices: I have had this problem since February and not sure what to do. All of my USB 3 ports are not recognized by my computer as USB 3 ports only as USB 2/1.[ATTACH] The two active ports you see there are USB 3 ports, but they don't work as USB 3 ports. If any one has had this...
  9. WD MyPassport 1TB only works through USB 2 ports, USB 3 not recognised

WD MyPassport 1TB only works through USB 2 ports, USB 3 not recognised: Hi, to cut the story short, mypassport external drive suddenly stopped being recognised on USB 3 ports (it lights up and spins, but no drive shows up) whereas the USB 2 port is working fine albeit slow obviously. The SMART data show 700 hours of being powered on and...
  10. USB 3 Ports Stopped Working

USB 3 Ports Stopped Working: My front and rear USB 3 ports stopped working. The rear USB 2 ports still work. When I plug an external HDD into the front USB 3 ports it powers up the drive, but it isn't recognized in Windows Explorer. My USB card reader doesn't light up. Device Manager doesn't show any USB...