Windows 10: USB 3 Hub

Discus and support USB 3 Hub in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new computer and noticed that when using a powered USB 3 hub connected to the ports on the back my USB drive are not connecting. This happens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Winuser, Dec 25, 2016.

1. Winuser Win User

USB 3 Hub

I have a new computer and noticed that when using a powered USB 3 hub connected to the ports on the back my USB drive are not connecting. This happens with my HDD's and my SSD's. If I plug the drives in directly to the ports they work. I can use the ports on the front. Is there a setting in the bios that I need to set so I can use the hub with the ports on the back?

:)

Winuser, Dec 25, 2016
  2. Shilohbob Win User

will usb 2.0 support usb hub

If the new hub has only 2-3 outlets you may get away with the hub not being powered, If the hub has 3 + hubs I suggest it has it's own power source , also try and get one with all USB 3 or at least a selection of USB 2 & 3.

More devices are coming out supporting USB 3, USB 2 will become obsolete soon.

USB 3 is normally backward capable, but USB 2 will not give the performance of USB 3. USB 3 has greater speed & flexibility.

Shilohbob, Dec 25, 2016
  3. Eddyabs Win User
    cozoo usb-c to usb-3 hub

I recently purchased a cozoo usb-c to usb-3 hub for my hp notebook, my hp notebook does not recognise it. I followed the link to goo.gl/5TSS3f to download and install the driver and it still does not recognise the hub. Can anyone help?

Eddyabs, Dec 25, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

USB 3 Hub

The description of the problem could indicate the Hub is not working properly.

Berton, Dec 25, 2016
  5. Winuser Win User
    I thought the same thing so I tried a different hub. When I use the ports on the front it works. That's why I was thinking that it may be a setting in the bios.

Winuser, Dec 25, 2016
  6. Berton Win User
    It's my experience that the BIOS supports USB 2.0 but for USB 3.0 need drivers installed from the disc that comes with a mother board but then my newest computer was purchased about a month ago and no such disc provided. It has USB 3.0/2.0 combination ports, 2 on front 4 on rear, and they show in Device Manager. A USB 3.0 Hub plugged in shows as Generic SuperSpeed USB Hub, here's a screen show showing Before plugging in the Hub and the Hub plugged in:

USB 3 Hub [​IMG]

Berton, Dec 26, 2016
  7. Winuser Win User
    This is my device manager with the USB 3 hub plugged into the front port. This problem only happens when I use the hub on the USB 3 ports in the back. If I plug the drive directly into the back ports they work.

USB 3 Hub [​IMG]

Winuser, Dec 26, 2016
  8. Berton Win User

USB 3 Hub

That screenshot suggests you have 2 USB 3.0/SuperSpeed Hubs.

Berton, Dec 26, 2016
  9. Winuser Win User
    I went to the OEM site and installed some updated drivers. One was a updated driver for the motherboard. It was late and I was tired so I didn't try it with the new drivers. I'll try out tonight when I get home. This is the first time I've ever had a problem using a powered usb hub. If I use a flash drive or try my usb mouse it works. It's only when I use a HDD or SSD.

Winuser, Dec 26, 2016
  10. Winuser Win User
    Updating the drivers didn't help. I still think it's a setting but I'm going to leave it alone for now.

Winuser, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB 3 Hub

1. USB 3 Hub - Similar Threads - USB Hub

2. USB hub won't connect to MACBOOK 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB hub won't connect to MACBOOK 2023: I have the new Mac 2023 version. I have an old desk jet f4480. I have used this for my other Mac with no issues from 2012. I connect the printer to my usb hub but nothing will print. My computer shows that it is online but idle. Every time I click print nothing happens....
  3. USB hub won't connect to MACBOOK 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB hub won't connect to MACBOOK 2023: I have the new Mac 2023 version. I have an old desk jet f4480. I have used this for my other Mac with no issues from 2012. I connect the printer to my usb hub but nothing will print. My computer shows that it is online but idle. Every time I click print nothing happens....
  4. Kernel 41 error caused by USB-hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Kernel 41 error caused by USB-hub: Hey all,First of all, i don't know much about software and hardware, so i searched this problem a bit a found out that it is quite complicated to resolve. Still worth a shot by asking here.In 2020 i bought a pc with following built:AMD Ryzen 5 3600Firebreather watercooler...
  5. Kernel 41 error caused by USB-hub

Kernel 41 error caused by USB-hub: Hey all,First of all, i don't know much about software and hardware, so i searched this problem a bit a found out that it is quite complicated to resolve. Still worth a shot by asking here.In 2020 i bought a pc with following built:AMD Ryzen 5 3600Firebreather watercooler...
  6. Kernel 41 error caused by USB-hub

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. USB Root Hub Drivers

USB Root Hub Drivers: Hi there, I have a major problem. I have a desktop using an ASUS Motherboard, I am sending this from my laptop. I was having problems with getting USB flash drives to mount.Getting the Yellow triangle in Device Manager in Other Devices.I uninstalled the USB root hub and...
  8. USB Root Hub Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Root Hub Drivers: Hi there, I have a major problem. I have a desktop using an ASUS Motherboard, I am sending this from my laptop. I was having problems with getting USB flash drives to mount.Getting the Yellow triangle in Device Manager in Other Devices.I uninstalled the USB root hub and...
  9. Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub: Hi, I have a few Microsoft LifeChat 3000 headsets.One day the one I was using stopped working in Chrome, but kept working fine in Teams. The following day Windows just didn't recognize that there was a microphone present in any of the headsets. They work perfectly in any...
  10. Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic not detected on USB ports, working on USB-c Hub: Hi, I have a few Microsoft LifeChat 3000 headsets.One day the one I was using stopped working in Chrome, but kept working fine in Teams. The following day Windows just didn't recognize that there was a microphone present in any of the headsets. They work perfectly in any...