Windows 10: USB 6 Channel 5.1 External Audio Sound Card Problems

Discus and support USB 6 Channel 5.1 External Audio Sound Card Problems in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I bought this: CMedia WMA USB 6 Channel 5.1 External Audio Sound Card S/PDIF [img] Have installed using driver CM6206LX-1.04(CR), -Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jaaygarty, Jun 5, 2018.

1. jaaygarty Win User

USB 6 Channel 5.1 External Audio Sound Card Problems

Hello, I bought this: CMedia WMA USB 6 Channel 5.1 External Audio Sound Card S/PDIF

USB 6 Channel 5.1 External Audio Sound Card Problems [​IMG]

Have installed using driver CM6206LX-1.04(CR), -Windows 10, seems to work fine after install. However, every time I reboot I lose the icon in the hidden tray that enables me to setup speakers etc, and runs this software:

USB 6 Channel 5.1 External Audio Sound Card Problems [​IMG]

I have to reinstall to get it back and then change all my audio settings etc again. Then reboot and its gone once more.

Can you help?

Thanks

:)

jaaygarty, Jun 5, 2018
  2. d3fin3d_ Win User

5.1 dolby surround sound problems via USB S/PDIF on Win 10

This is a bit long winded, hopefully you can bear with me!

Context

I've been successfully using
    this USB to S/PDIF external sound card
    on a Windows 7 machine to emit 5.1 dolby audio via VLC.

I haven't needed to manually install any drivers for 5.1 surround sound to work correctly (connected to an old

Sony 5.1 surround system
    via optical).

Recently, I did an upgrade installation From Win 7 to Win 10 and the Soundbox continued to work correctly, emitting 5.1 channel audio (DTS/blue light) to my Sony surround system.

However, due to some issues with the upgrade, I decided to do a completely fresh install of Windows 10 for speed/freshness. This is where the problem starts.

Problem

On a fresh Windows 10 install, I've found that the USB Soundbox, although recognised by the system, has stopped emitting sound completely with no manual drivers installed.

Installing both the Windows 10 and Windows 8 drivers (c-media divers,
    listed here
    ), seems to allow Windows 10 to emit optical S/PDIF sound, however the output is limited to PCM 2-channel audio.

Strangely, the DTS test within the USB soundbox's digital output properties successfully emits true 5.1 sound (DTS/blue light), however playing any type of 5.1 media from the machine (via VLC) only emits PCM 2-channel audio.

Conclusion

It seems as though the auto-installed Windows 7 5.1 drivers work correctly. When the working drivers are carried over to the Windows 10 upgrade, 5.1 audio continues to emit properly.

Auto-installed Windows 10 5.1 drivers don't appear to work correctly while manually installed drivers only emit 2 channel audio.

Having tried every setting under the sun to get this to work, 5.1 audio doesn't work when playing media via VLC.

Potential long-winded fix

A fresh install of Windows 7, double checking that the sound card is emitting 5.1 audio from VLC, then upgrading to Windows 10. (I'd like to avoid this, due to the amount of time this will take!)

Questions

- Are there any other drivers which might solve the problem?

- Should I consider purchasing a new USB to S/PDIF 5.1 audio sound card thats Win 10 compatible?

- Or is a fresh Win 7 install and Win 10 upgrade the only option?

The big question

Has Microsoft stopped supporting S/PDIF dolby audio? Perhaps they want everyone to go HDMI now?

Many thanks in advance for your thoughts/help!

d3fin3d_, Jun 8, 2018
  3. Arun B J Win User
    5.1 surround sound issue in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

If you’re connecting an optical cable the settings would be changed so try the following steps

Two options:

1. Use the optical S/PDIF output of your motherboard.

2. Use the HDMI output of your GPU. (This is what I'd recommend if you're using a HDMI display).

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to control panel.

• Select sound.

• Click on playback devices.

For option 1- connect the cable and set the 'Realtek digital output' as default device.

• Then right click on it.

• Go to properties.

• At the rightmost tab select DTS or Dolby Digital or 5.1.
    For option 2-connect the HDMI cable through the receiver and set the 'Nvidia HDMI Output' as your default device. Then click 'Configure' and select 5.1 and check if it helps.

If the issue persist then, I suggest you to connect the speakers directly and check in the realtek audio manager if he gets the 5.1 option or not using the SPDIF\output.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jun 8, 2018
Thema:

USB 6 Channel 5.1 External Audio Sound Card Problems

1. USB 6 Channel 5.1 External Audio Sound Card Problems - Similar Threads - USB Channel External

2. No Sound, problem with my Nvidea video/audio card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No Sound, problem with my Nvidea video/audio card: audio driver automatic disabbled / eliminated. Reinstall no effect.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-problem-with-my-nvidea-videoaudio-card/cbfbdb49-1420-4152-8468-1890d0d29b52
  3. USB Sound Extenal Sound Card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Sound Extenal Sound Card: Haii was trying to connect V8 sound card in my laptop Acer Nitor 5, but it is not detecting in the input device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-sound-extenal-sound-card/82c5184a-5ef9-48f0-901d-07cc1cf39794
  4. USB pnp Audio Sound Card

USB pnp Audio Sound Card: My Audio Jack on my Laptop Just Broke, so i bought a Audio Sound Card, the Problem is I Don't like the Sound Driver on my Sound Card, how can i replace/Change my Sound Driver..thanks...
  5. Windows 10 keeps muting usb sound card channels

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 keeps muting usb sound card channels: I have two windows 10 PCs each with a different usb soundcard and randomly windows 10 mutes 1 of the channels. If i click on the sound settings in windows i see one of them is muted so i unmute and all works and then randomly it mutes again hours or days later. How do i just...
  6. Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&10361161&1&5 had a problem starting.

Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&10361161&1&5 had a problem starting.: Device USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&10361161&1&5 had a problem starting. please help, sometimes its say erorr 43 or 45 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/device-usbvid0000pid000261036116115-had-a-problem/6f052b48-b210-44ca-a99a-66a434df3c97
  7. 1 Audio channel on one audio card and rest over hdmi?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    1 Audio channel on one audio card and rest over hdmi?: Hi, bit of a weird question: I need to output only the subWoofer channel using an audio card (audigy FX) connected to an external amplifier, and the rest of the channels FRONT/RIGHT over HDMI (TV Speaker). Is it doable? Thanks. submitted by /u/sim0ne82 [link] [comments]...
  8. External Sound Card

in Windows 10 Customization
    External Sound Card: I have USB External Sound Card Digital HD 7.1 Diamond DMM201008XS0981. I can get my external speakers to work but my input is not working. I like to convert my album collection to mp3's. Any help for fixing my audio input? Thanks, Steve...
  9. Windows 10 no audio sound FIX, External USB sound card.

Windows 10 no audio sound FIX, External USB sound card.: After 2 months of doing everything possible to fix the Crackling Audio after a Windows 10 Update & then dealing with Microsoft over the phone numerous times, And no resolution. I decided to get some USB Sound Card's. And I have sound again. Both have the same sample rate of...
  10. USB 6 Channel 5.1 External Audio Sound Card Issue

in Windows 10 Support
    USB 6 Channel 5.1 External Audio Sound Card Issue: Hello, I bought this: CMedia WMA USB 6 Channel 5.1 External Audio Sound Card S/PDIF [img] Have installed using driver CM6206LX-1.04(CR), -Windows 10, seems to work fine after install. However, every time I reboot I lose the icon in the hidden tray that enables me to setup...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot

2. Usb To 5.1 External Sound Card PD550 CM6206LX Driver

3. leagy 6 channel drivers

4. USB 6Channel 5.1 Optical SPDIF download driver,
  5. usb sound card 6 channel 5.1 which window work correct,
  6. proelite sound card driver,
  7. driver leagy 6 channel,
  8. cmedia usb Lit audio,
  9. CM6206LX sotfware,
  10. leagy sound card 6 channel external sound card usb 2.0 external 5.1 drivers,
  11. Sound Card PD550 CM6206LX device not recognized,
  12. 6 channel external sound 5.1 surround sound ,
  13. USB 5.1 External Sound Card PD550 CM6206LX drivers,
  14. 5.1 channel SPDIF troubleshooting,
  15. cmedia usb external sound card problems