Windows 10: USB and Keyboard issues (delay)

Discus and support USB and Keyboard issues (delay) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone. I have an issue with my keyboard and USB. I'll start out with my keyboard cause that's the most annoying problem. When I type... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by silver romie, Apr 20, 2016.

1. USB and Keyboard issues (delay)

Hello everyone.

I have an issue with my keyboard and USB. I'll start out with my keyboard cause that's the most annoying problem.
    When I type sometimes my keyboard just skips a letter/number(symbol whatever) unless I type extremely slow.

I never had this issue on Windows 7, but after I installed Windows 10 this happend.
    At Device manager my keyboard is installed as a Standard PS/2-Keyboard

Hardware ids
    ACPI\VEN_PNP&DEV_0303
    ACPI\PNP0303
    *PNP0303

-

Now to continue with my USB 2.0 ports
    Currently I can only use my mouse on my 3.0 port. If I insert it in 1 of my 2.0 ports... Then just a light burns but my laptop doesn't show anything. But I do see that my mouse gets powered up from the USB (its just a normal microsoft mouse that doesn't require any drivers)

Now here is the real weird part...

In device manager I have 1 driver that isn't installed proper (But it was installed normal when I installed Win10)
    But after awhile my USB 2.0 driver needed to be reinstalled each time ...
    It's an "Unknown Device" in Device manager. And @Windows updates I can see that Windows noticed it and tries to reinstall the driver but Fails each and everytime.

This is the hardware ID for my USB 2.0 ports

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C26&SUBSYS_12771043&REV_05
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C26&SUBSYS_12771043
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C26&CC_0C0320
    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C26&CC_0C03

And the driver that Windows Update tries to install is
    "INTEL driver update for Intel(R) 6 Series/C200 Series Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1C26 - Error 0x800f0219"

I've also tried to look in my BIOS but I don't see anything regarding USB options :S

Please help me out

Laptop: ASUS K53SV
    2x USB 2.0 - FAILS
    1x USB 3.0 - WORKS

:)

silver romie, Apr 20, 2016
  2. Stan0144 Win User

Windows 10 disabled Keyboard/mouse in Recovery mode

Just found answer to issue. Power on for USB ports on back of CPU delayed during startup process. This prevents enabling of keyboard. The USB ports on front of CPU power on immediately when startup process begins. Moved keyboard and mouse (later wireless
    receiver) to front panels. All issues resolved. Can use Acronis rescue disk to recover image.

Stan0144, Apr 20, 2016
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    USB Issues - Keyboard and Mouse Issues

Hi NS_181,

Windows Update KB4074588 has caused a problem with your USB Ports (Hub Drivers), you mosue and keyboard are fine . . .

If you can get into Windows:

Go to Control Panel - Programs and Features - View installed Updates

Find that update and uninstall it

If you cannot find that update:

Open Command Prompt as Admin and copy the command below (depends on your system). then in the Command window, right click to paste, then hit Enter to run the command

For 32bit Systems:

dism /online /remove-package /packagenameUSB and Keyboard issues (delay) :package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~16299.248.1.17

For 64-bit versions of Windows:

dism /online /remove-package /packagenameUSB and Keyboard issues (delay) :package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~16299.248.1.17

Close Command and Restart your System

You must then stop this update from installing again:

Download the tool from the link below, run that, in the list of pending updates, select that update and click 'Hide' that will stop windows from attempting to install it:

http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/2/2/f2...

If you cannot get into Windows:

Start your PC, just as Windows attempts to load (spinning dots), press and hold Power Button for 5 - 10 seconds to perform a Hard Shut Down

Do this twice

On the third start Windows will boot into the Recovery Environment and from there you can access System Repair, Safe Mode, Command Prompt . . . etc.

Go to Troubleshoot - Advanced Option - Command Prompt

Copy the command below (depends on your system). then in the Command window, right click to paste, then hit Enter to run the command

For 32bit Systems:

dism.exe /image:c:\ /remove-package /packagenameUSB and Keyboard issues (delay) :package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~x86~~16299.248.1.17

For 64bit Systems:

dism.exe /image:c:\ /remove-package /packagenameUSB and Keyboard issues (delay) :package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~16299.248.1.17

Close Command and Restart your System

DaveM121, Apr 20, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

USB and Keyboard issues (delay)

RWOne, Apr 20, 2016
  5. USB and Keyboard issues (delay) [​IMG]

USB and Keyboard issues (delay) [​IMG]

6. And do I reinstall it through Windows Update ????

7. After I completely remove it.
    I try to reinstall the driver but it just gives me the same error

8. USB and Keyboard issues (delay)

OMG Problem solved !
    My 2.0 driver is working

I had my driver on the second one instead of the first one >_<
    Well i'm glad that part is fixed.

Now I still have my keyboard issue .... :')

9. This also fixed my Keyboard delay.

I'm marking this as Solved

silver romie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB and Keyboard issues (delay)

1. USB and Keyboard issues (delay) - Similar Threads - USB Keyboard issues

2. Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay: I am on Windows 11 using a wireless USB mouse and keyboard. Every once in a while the keyboard/mouse will have severe input delay/lag. As in, while I'm typing at a normal speed, letters will be missed. And, even worse, the mouse lags, skips, and jumps around the screen,...
  3. Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay: I am on Windows 11 using a wireless USB mouse and keyboard. Every once in a while the keyboard/mouse will have severe input delay/lag. As in, while I'm typing at a normal speed, letters will be missed. And, even worse, the mouse lags, skips, and jumps around the screen,...
  4. keyboard delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard delay: I was in a game then I heard a beep and then my keyboard started to delay but its only for this account because i went to a different account and my keyboard was working perfectly fine. Does anybody know how to fix this?...
  5. keyboard delay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard delay: I was in a game then I heard a beep and then my keyboard started to delay but its only for this account because i went to a different account and my keyboard was working perfectly fine. Does anybody know how to fix this?...
  6. keyboard delay

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Keyboard delay

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard delay: When typing there is a short delay before the text appears on screen. Is there a setting I can change to prevent this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-delay/5a12f750-8856-430e-b779-76c9d584139b
  8. USB keyboard issues

USB keyboard issues: Hello everyone, today i +had been encountering keyboard issue that while was typing v in appears with 7. But when typing 7 it appears with v. space key appears 9, backspace appears+ . i had been finding for solutions on youtube and using the methods still the same. after...
  9. Keyboard repeat delay

Keyboard repeat delay: Hi! The repeat delay of my keyboard, the time it passes after I press a key and it starts to repeat, keeps going to all the way to the left slow. I have to manually set it in fast. Is there any way so it wont change....
  10. Keyboard delay

Keyboard delay: Hi, i have a problem with my keyboard, it became a problem by itself, suddenly. When i type any letter it types it after few seconds, i don’t know how to fix it, so can you please help me? Thank you....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. nu vot