Windows 10: USB and keyboard randomly stop working

Discus and support USB and keyboard randomly stop working in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; power is still going to the devices, PC is still running and not frozen, disconnecting and reconnecting USB doesn't work and neither does trying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Windsblade, Aug 27, 2018.

1. USB and keyboard randomly stop working

power is still going to the devices, PC is still running and not frozen, disconnecting and reconnecting USB doesn't work and neither does trying another port. Only way I can use them again is by shutting down the PC with the power button.

:)

Windsblade, Aug 27, 2018
  2. Geschi Win User

Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly

This has happened a lot since my upgrade to Windows 10, and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Seemingly randomly, my keyboard will stop responding to what I type, and my touchpad completely stops as well (no, I did not accidentally click to disable it). These problems will never resolve themselves on their own, but as soon as I reset the computer everything works again - to me, that sounded like a driver crash, but nope! I checked the driver menu and it told me everything was running just fine. What's even more strange is that I have the backlight keyboard enabled so that when I type, it lights up. And strangely, the keys still light up when I press them, so I know it's registering my typing SOME how.

You would also think that this would be a software problem since it fixes immediately upon reset, but I've noticed that this issue seems to crop up a lot right after I have moved my computer... I'm lost and I've scoured the internet for clues, but no one else seems to have this problem. Please help!

In order to possibly do testing on what is causing this (via suggestions hopefully, I've tried everything I can think of) I am purposely not resetting my computer (thankfully this is a touch screen, but this on-screen keyboard typing is obnoxious). Currently, both keyboard and touchpad don't work, but a usb mouse I use does (the computer is also set so that using the usb mouse does not disable the touchpad).

Geschi, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Keyboard randomly stops working after sometime

Hi,

The keyboard is working in BIOS mode however in the Windows mode it stops, this could be happening because the System files of the OS maybe corrupt. Run a SFC scan and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + X
    • Choose "Command prompt (Admin)"
    • Type " sfc /scannow"
    • Press Enter.

Let us know if this helped to fix the issue.

Vinod Archak, Aug 27, 2018
  4. USB and keyboard randomly stop working

USB ports randomly stops working - windows 10.

When playing games the usb ports randomly stops working. I have mouse and keyboard connected to my laptop. They will both not work until I restart the computer, and the last key i pushed until it happened will be as if i was holding it down. The keyboard
    on the laptop will still work.

I have tried:

- Putting USB on suspended in power settings.

- Checked if there is problems with the USB ports and drivers in device settings.

- Have set "Allow the computer to shut down this unit to save power"to off.

Since I don't have a battery in the laptop at the moment, and it only runs on electric I don't think it can be a power problem.

When in game I can randomly hear the USB unplug sound. Sometimes it will be off for a second and still work. Other times it will stop work, until you restart computer.

forest_966, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

USB and keyboard randomly stop working

1. USB and keyboard randomly stop working - Similar Threads - USB keyboard randomly

2. Keyboard stops working randomly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard stops working randomly: Hi,I've done some searching but I think the keywords I'm using aren't finding me relevant articles.I have multiple keyboards of different providers that all do the same thing.I recently rebuilt my PC and have had an occasional issue where sometimes the keyboard will stop...
  3. USB stops working randomly

USB stops working randomly: Seemingly randomly. I built my own PC. I have specs listed below. Rosewill RISE Glow case Aorus gaming 5 WiFi motherboard. AMD Ryzen 2700x processor EVGA gaming Geforce 1060 SC GPU Corsair 550x PSU intel m.2 boot drive 760 I think? Samsung SSD, and also a 7200...
  4. Usbs randomly stop working.

Usbs randomly stop working.: Randomly my computers USB slots will stop working. I have gone into Bios mode and checked all the USB settings available and can't seem to foind a fix. Only way around it is to keep restarting my computer....
  5. Keyboard randomly stopped working

Keyboard randomly stopped working: My built in laptop keyboard stopped working after the computer randomly turned off by itself. (Laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad). I have tried: Uninstalling drivers and scanning for hardware changes to reinstall them. Entering safe mode (computer wouldn’t even start in safe...
  6. USB keyboard stopped working

USB keyboard stopped working: Tried new Logitech K120 and wireless without success. USB Keyboard Properties displays the following: "Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39) The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The...
  7. USB keyboard stopping working

USB keyboard stopping working: Whenever I switch user, keyboard stops working. Upon logging into the second account, I can't type anything, anywhere. To switch back to my first account, I can't type in the login box, and need to use the virtual keyboard. I need to log out from both accounts to be able...
  8. USB and keyboard randomly stop working

USB and keyboard randomly stop working: power is still going to the devices, PC is still running and not frozen, disconnecting and reconnecting USB doesn't work and neither does trying another port. Only way I can use them again is by shutting down the PC with the power button. 116737
  9. Keyboard stops working randomly

Keyboard stops working randomly: Hi. Recently, I've been experiencing some keyboard problems. The issue occurs at random times, and I've tried updating the drivers. I am certain that this is a software/driver problem, as opposed to a hardware/mechanical problem, as the keyboard starts working fine right...
  10. Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly

Keyboard/touchpad stop working randomly: This has happened a lot since my upgrade to Windows 10, and it's really starting to get on my nerves. Seemingly randomly, my keyboard will stop responding to what I type, and my touchpad completely stops as well (no, I did not accidentally click to disable it). These problems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my pc mouse and keyboard randomly stop working i force to press restart button