Windows 10: Usb Backup Boot Issues

Discus and support Usb Backup Boot Issues in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home and use Casper 10 for my backup program. I can create a bootable usb backup with no issues. Have one created when I first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by anaron, Sep 28, 2016.

1. anaron Win User

Usb Backup Boot Issues

I have Windows 10 Home and use Casper 10 for my backup program.
    I can create a bootable usb backup with no issues.
    Have one created when I first setup Win10 that will boot.
    Since then, I cannot create a usb backup that will boot on Win10.
    I can boot the usb backup in windows 7 on 3 different computers.
    It has to be something about Win10 and usb drives because I can create a
    bootable internal hard drive backup that has no issue with booting.
    I have been messing with this for weeks now and still cannot resolve the issue.
    I have reinstalled windows 10, reinstalled the AU and reinstalled Casper 10.
    Casper 10 support does not have any idea as to what could cause this.
    Missing something just do not know what!
    I've never had as many issues with an OS as I have had with Win10!

:)

anaron, Sep 28, 2016
  2. BulldogXX Win User

Recovery USB Flash Drive - should I update

Image backup software has a recovery environment that you create on a USB flash drive or, if you're old school, on a disk. You use the USB drive or disk to boot the computer and restore a backup. It's time travel that really works.

BulldogXX, Sep 28, 2016
  3. PaulaNees Win User
    Windows 10 multiple issues

Ok, here we go...

I changed the boot drive to the USB drive, booted up the Dell with the USB drive, did a complete system backup to my external hard drive, ran a system update, and Windows Defender update. Changed the BIOS back to the original settings, and low and behold,
    programs still just close as soon as you open them.

On the ASUS, did the same, changed the BIOS, booted to the USB, and the same issue as before, I log in, and the screen just blinks.

So, any more ideas?

Thank you,

Paula

PaulaNees, Sep 28, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

Usb Backup Boot Issues

Very often like win8 the fact it boots so fast means it's hard to catch it before it boots the other thing is have you got secure boot set?

Samuria, Sep 28, 2016
  5. anaron Win User
    Samuria, I do not think the speed is an issue as I do have one usb backup that will boot. I inadvertently left that out of the op which I have edited. Also my computer does not have secure boot.

anaron, Sep 29, 2016
  6. anaron Win User
    Contacted online Gigabyte support before I installed 10 quite some time back and asked if my H67A-UD3H-B3 supported Windows 10 as I was having far too many issues. They assured me it was and the process to fix the usb issue began. Thru out the entire process, I had to constantly remind them of the issue as they would be out in far left field with suggestions that did not even pertain to my issue. Today I finally called US Support and was told that my board DID NOT support Windows 10. So much for their online tech support! Guess it is back to 7 on this computer!

anaron, Oct 18, 2016
  7. anaron Win User
    Update: Decided to start over. Clean installed Win10. Installed Casper 10 and nothing else. Did no modifications or customization. Created a bootable Lacie usb3 ssd. Worked like a charm with no issues. Started reinstalling my programs and after every installation, I would create a backup and it would boot. Completed all the customization I wanted to do and again backed up and the backup would boot. Time to hookup the peripheral hardware. Printer then backup - no issues. Scanner connected and installed backup WOULD NOT boot! Checked to make sure the latest drivers were installed. Disconnected the usb cable to the scan and backup boots. Connect scanner and it don't. Ok, figured it is not the scanner but maybe the Usb ports. My setup has 2 usb3 ports on the back. Scanner plugs in one and usb3 hard drives plug into the other. Moved the scanner to a usb2 port and usb back boots perfectly. Plugged in a usb cd drive to one usb3 plug backup usb3 hard drive to the other and backup will not boot. In order for the usb3 hard drive to boot I cannot have anything plugged into the other port. Currently researching but have not found out why. Did contact Gigabyte but will not hold my breath!

anaron, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Usb Backup Boot Issues

1. Usb Backup Boot Issues - Similar Threads - Usb Backup Boot

2. Windows 11 usb boot issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 usb boot issue: I'm trying to install windows 11 to replace Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS on my pc. Purchased the usb from microsoft and booted into the bios F2 but the windows usb doesn't appear as an option. Tried disengaging secure boot etc, but whatever config I try in the bios / boot manager - no...
  3. Windows 11 usb boot issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 usb boot issue: I'm trying to install windows 11 to replace Ubuntu 22.04.4 LTS on my pc. Purchased the usb from microsoft and booted into the bios F2 but the windows usb doesn't appear as an option. Tried disengaging secure boot etc, but whatever config I try in the bios / boot manager - no...
  4. USB issue during boot up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB issue during boot up: Hello, every time I boot my windows 11, not all my USB devices boot up. My webcam and USB HD or SSDs are missing. When I go into Device manager I notice a yellow triangle over Unkown USB Device Configuration Descriptor Request Failed and Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed...
  5. USB issue during boot up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB issue during boot up: Hello, every time I boot my windows 11, not all my USB devices boot up. My webcam and USB HD or SSDs are missing. When I go into Device manager I notice a yellow triangle over Unkown USB Device Configuration Descriptor Request Failed and Unknown USB Device Port Reset Failed...
  6. USB Windows Install Booting Issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Windows Install Booting Issues: Hey guys...I have spent the past two days going through different youtube videos and threads on this website for answers but haven't had any luck.I have a basic HP Pavilion laptop that is about 3 years old. Model 15-cd001ds. I installed a new 500gb SSD in it this week and...
  7. usb stick for boot issue

usb stick for boot issue: Hi, I want to build an usb stick for boot, to install Windows 10 Pro on an Acer 515-55 laptop. I purchased an electronic license, so I have to build my own stick. Bios needs FAT32 format stick, and ISO file provided by Microsoft on download is like 5 GB [it has...
  8. Windows 10 usb boot issue

Windows 10 usb boot issue: I have a windows 10 version 1803 installed pc. It works and boots fine but now I want to install verison 19H1 from a usb using iso file that I downloaded from microsoft.com . I made the usb bootable by rufus, unetbootin but booting never proceeds on showing the message...
  9. Usb boot issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Usb boot issue: Succeeded in getting Win 10 to boot to my usb hard drives after weeks of banging my head against the wall but now it does work. Have now hit another issue with booting to usb. The weekend, I installed a game for one of my Grandsons, Special Ops The Line. Game worked great and...
  10. USB booting issues.

in Windows 10 Support
    USB booting issues.: Had this problem about a year or so ago. Also had so many issues with 10 I had to go back to 7 to complete some important research and projects. Went back to 10 a few months ago and have it running very well now except for an important issue. I use Casper 10 to create my...