Windows 10: USB Camera + Microphone not working after Windows 10 Update

Discus and support USB Camera + Microphone not working after Windows 10 Update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Yesterday I got an update from Windows 10. I waited 1-2 hours for it to finish but after the update I have problems with my USB Camera and Microphone.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Edelweiss, May 14, 2018.

1. Edelweiss Win User

USB Camera + Microphone not working after Windows 10 Update

Yesterday I got an update from Windows 10. I waited 1-2 hours for it to finish but after the update I have problems with my USB Camera and Microphone. The devices are connected and I can see them listed as USB 2.0 MIC but they are not working. I tried the hardware on a laptop with Windows 7 and it works. I tried uninstalling the drivers and rebooting and installing the drivers again, but it didn't help.

When I click on the microphone settings and I check the box "listen to this device", I can hear my voice through the speakers. It seems the problem is the software changes after the update.

After the update Windows 10 asked me questions about data collection and speech recognition. I clicked the 2nd response (which is negative - not to use any speech recognition and data collection). Could this have broken the USB Camera + Microphone?

Any idea how to fix this stupid Windows 10 problem?

:)

Edelweiss, May 14, 2018
  2. Hugo 1111 Win User

USB Camera with Microphone, Microphone Not Working - Venus USB 2.0

So basically my sound card is broken at the moment, meaning my external speakers and my headphone/headset port dosnt work so from this i have changed to using usb headsets and usb microphones to counter this problem and it has been working fine up until
    now. My usb heaphones work and they are completely fine but yesterday one of my friends gave me a usb camera/microphone and when i tested it with him via skype he said it was working good and it was appearing in my recording list in sound. I woke up this morning
    to record my sound for a school project and it wasnt coming up in the list... That being said the camera still works and it just seems to be in microphone in the camera. here are some screenshots. Also, im using a logitech changer, its kind of hard to explain
    but there is also a picture of it.

USB Camera + Microphone not working after Windows 10 Update [​IMG]

Hugo 1111, May 16, 2018
  3. camera n microphone not working all of a sudden

Hi,

To assist you better with your camera and microphone not working, we need the following information:

• What device are you using when trying to use your camera and microphone?
    • What is the exact error message?

You may want to check possible troubleshooting steps
    here

Let us know how it goes.

Christian Mart, May 16, 2018
Thema:

USB Camera + Microphone not working after Windows 10 Update

1. USB Camera + Microphone not working after Windows 10 Update - Similar Threads - USB Camera Microphone

2. Camera and Microphone not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Camera and Microphone not working: i have tried everything in settings, unplugging, restarting and nothing works. HELP[Original Title: camera and microphone] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/camera-and-microphone-not-working/6e2fe666-82c2-4273-a937-20cd02deaeef
  3. Camera and microphone not working!

Camera and microphone not working!: Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm having trouble with my camera and microphone and keep getting an error when trying to use facebook messenger or any video chat platform. i have allowed all access to the apps that need it but can not get it working. I have...
  4. Camera not working after update to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Camera not working after update to Windows 10: I just updated my HP ProBook to windows 10 and now the camera is not working. I've tried to update the driver but I get an error message that says 'windows found drivers but encountered an error while attempting to install them' Any ideas on what to do? Thanks....
  5. Camera and Microphone do not work after latest Microsoft Update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Camera and Microphone do not work after latest Microsoft Update: I am running Windows 10 on a Dell desktop computer. It has worked fine for years. After the last Microsoft Update on 9/10/20, I could not use either my microphone or camera on Skype. Within a few minutes of trying to make a video call the computer will lock up and my only...
  6. Camera/microphone won't work in Messenger after windows 10 update

Camera/microphone won't work in Messenger after windows 10 update: After windows 10 update I get the "Hardware access error" camera and microphone do not work. I have HP laptop. I have done the driver uninstall/reinstall and the registry fix and set to "0" Also turned of firewall....nothing has worked. The camera does work....help!...
  7. microphone and camera not working

microphone and camera not working: I cannot find neither microphone nor web-camera in the Device Manager (Windows 10 pro). https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microphone-and-camera-not-working/63e58dd5-63ea-4063-b986-c0e280ebe360
  8. Camera and Microphone not working after upgrade

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Camera and Microphone not working after upgrade: [ATTACH][ATTACH]i can't use Camera and Micro after updating the newest edition of Windows. let's help me!!! *Original title: Camera and Micro don't act*...
  9. Microphone and Camera not working.

Microphone and Camera not working.: Hi there, i have a problem with my Toshiba laptop, running Windows 10. I wanted to call someone on Discord, but then it tells me my microphone doesnt work. Later on, i noticed my camera doesnt work! Help? I've reinstalled, disabled and enabled these devices! Its...
  10. after windows 10 update camera not working

after windows 10 update camera not working: Message from Windows 10-Can' turn camera on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/after-windows-10-update-camera-not-working/40b58568-ff7c-439b-8b4b-19ed9ec9a22e