Windows 10: usb card reader?

Discus and support usb card reader? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; i copied files to my card reader ,can you tell me why some files are visible & some are not? thanks it shows they are on there . 88733 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bluzeboy, Jul 11, 2017.

1. bluzeboy Win User

usb card reader?

i copied files to my card reader ,can you tell me why some files are visible & some are not?
    thanks
    it shows they are on there .

:)

bluzeboy, Jul 11, 2017

2. Memory Readers & Memory Sticks

The card readers I attached to the USB connector supplied with the smartphone are INTEGRAL™ Micro USB and INTEGRAL™ USB 3.0 Super Speed. I inserted SANDISK® MicroSDHC™ (16 GB) and SANDISK® Mobile Ultra™ MicroSDHC™ (16 GB) memory cards into them. The memory
    stick I used was the KINGSTON® TECHNOLOGY DataTraveler® 101 USB 2.0 (32 GB)

Alex_The_Vegan, Jul 11, 2017
  3. Any way to boot the Nokia Booklet 3G from SD(HC) ?

Unfortunately booting solely from SD card is not possible in Booklet 3G. SD card controller is not USB device but attached to PCI bus. BIOS is able to boot only from USB devices. Some Netbooks have their SD card readers attached as USB devices thus allowing
    to boot from SD card similarly to any other USB stick.

The only way is to load enough of the OS from HDD/USB-stick to have PCI driver for SD card reader and then continue booting from SD card. For Linux that would mean that bootloader and /boot partition with initrd (having PCI SD card support) should be on
    HDD/USB medium and root partition can be in SD card. For Widows things are trickier. You;d have to read a lot about Windows PE and have a lot of time to craft the solution.

Anyway for OS to be stored on SD card you need to have extra boot partition on HDD or USB medium, that BIOS of Booklet is able to read.

myroslav---01, Jul 11, 2017
  4. Eagle51 Win User

usb card reader?

What files did you copy ? ....They might be hidden (Hidden Attribute Set). In File Explorer / View / Check Hidden Items.

Eagle51, Jul 11, 2017
  5. swarfega Win User
    As mentioned above it depends on the types of files you copied. You could look at the properties of one random file thats hidden and uncheck it's hidden attribute. Of course you will need to enable show hidden files in file explorer.

usb card reader? [​IMG]

usb card reader? [​IMG]

swarfega, Jul 11, 2017
  6. Unkn0wn Win User
    Hey,

So yes as mentioned above they could be hidden files, or they could either be temporary files which are only created for hardware compatibility, or if you had the card in another device before it is possible that the device generated some temporary files, either way if they seem to be of a problem to you just format the card and put the files on again and use it as you did before.

Unkn0wn, Jul 11, 2017
  7. bluzeboy Win User
    they are flac music files
    some show & some not.

bluzeboy, Jul 11, 2017
  8. Unkn0wn Win User

usb card reader?

So, hidden files can generate if the formatting of the device in this case the card is formatted via the computer instead of the device you plan to use it with, and that often causes the files to have a "_" character before their names which simply makes them a hidden file when windows recognises it. Also if the files are indeed starting with a number in this case an album number I would consider changing the name of the file that might fix the issue with it being hidden.

Unkn0wn, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

usb card reader?

1. usb card reader? - Similar Threads - usb card reader

2. USB and card reader stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB and card reader stopped working: Both USB ports and card reader stopped working after an update. They do not show up anywhere. I've tried uninstalling USB devices and then restarting. No change. Multiple beeps on startup as when something is connected or disconnected from one of them, but nothing...
  3. USB CF Card reader

USB CF Card reader: I am a photographer and have been using my CF Reader for a while. All of a sudden windows stop seeing it. I have replaced reader with a new one , tried with other cards , and even tried on my surface which gets same updated as my PC. I have unistalled USB drivers an windows...
  4. External USB card reader is not working

External USB card reader is not working: Dears, I have 2 windows laptops and I have a USB memory card reader. On one laptop it works fine while on the other laptop windows can even detect it. What is the problem and how can I fix it? I would be grateful for any help. Thank you...
  5. Card Reader

Card Reader: Since an update on Windows 10 I can not get my card reader to work. It can't find the subsystem? Very frustrating as it is a work tool that needs to be used once a week. Any help ideas? I went to the software provider and they can't fix it and told me to seek help from...
  6. USB Card Reader Issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Card Reader Issue: no longer functioning WIN 10 plugged in to USB network port on HP All in one Stopped working 10 days ago...WIN update issue? Saw a security ERROR warning - reconnecting to Z:...SMB2 protocol Connection not restored? How to fix...troubleshooting has not worked...
  7. card reader

card reader: why does the card reader IN my computer not register as a device https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/04a02571-00f6-41fd-9507-369eb1db0087
  8. card reader

card reader: trying to download pics to cardreader, you said go to start then click on computer. how do I find computer in the list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/card-reader/c0ff138c-1646-4957-8074-1917b4af8bd5
  9. USB card reader keep disconnecting

USB card reader keep disconnecting: Hello! I have a USB card reader that I use with a Micro SD card to record my favorite series from a DVB-T set-top box when at work so I can watch it later. While recording it works OK due probably to the low data rate required. The problem arises when I connect it to my...
  10. Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader

Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader: hello, When I was viewing my windows 10 updates I saw some unusual update history of my Realtek USB 2.0 Card Reader, (see attachments)I very rarely use this on my Dell Inspiron ONE but thought I would just check it out, and it did of course not work, I tried to find the...