Windows 10: USB Charging problem after windows 10 update

Discus and support USB Charging problem after windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday and realised when plugin the mobile phone to my laptop usb port its taking forever to charge but it wasn't the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by cheekyvirgin, Sep 12, 2017.

1. USB Charging problem after windows 10 update

Hi

I upgraded to windows 10 yesterday and realised when plugin the mobile phone to my laptop usb port its taking forever to charge but it wasn't the case before. It was pretty decent before and now it charge only 1% after 20 minutes.

I have check the property in the diver and it shows 500MAh.

Can someone please help me to resolve this.

Google it but couldn't find much information about it.

:)

cheekyvirgin, Sep 12, 2017
  2. D.Sam® Win User

Slow charging whith the last update....

When i did the last windows 10 mobile update i have a problem with my lumia 640 dual sim.....

I charge my phone with the original charger before and after the update.....

Before the update my lumia charged fast bu after this update charging slow and appear a notification "the mobile charge slow .please connect the original usb cable.....i try to charge iwth other cable but i have the same problem.

what do you suggest me??

D.Sam®, Sep 12, 2017
  3. leonidas_ Win User
    ideapad 100s and windows 10 update 1709

Hello, there seems to be a problem after windows 10 update 1709 and ideapad 100s. The touchpad or/and the usb connected mouse stop working after about 2 seconds if the laptop is not charging. When connected to the power supply everything is ok. Has anyone
    figured that out?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

leonidas_, Sep 12, 2017
  4. USB Charging problem after windows 10 update

Hi cheekyvirgin. Welcome to the TenForums @cheekyvirgin

Some vendors provide additional software or drivers for USB charging. I would start with checking their site for drivers / software related to charging. Hopefully they will be compatible under windows 10.

When you were measuring progress was laptop a sleep or awake?

Can I ask the make and model of your laptop?

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 12, 2017
  5. Gordon7 Win User
    Only charge your phone when your laptop is connected to the AC power supply!

Gordon7, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB Charging problem after windows 10 update

1. USB Charging problem after windows 10 update - Similar Threads - USB Charging problem

2. Battery not charging after Windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Battery not charging after Windows update: Dear all,I have HP ZBook Firefly 15 G7 Mobile Workstation and after windows did update my battery is not charging anymore. It says connected, but is not charging.I have already tried: 1. Uninstall Microsoft ACPI - Compiant Control Method Batter and keep it without power...
  3. Battery not charging after Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Battery not charging after Windows update: Dear all,I have HP ZBook Firefly 15 G7 Mobile Workstation and after windows did update my battery is not charging anymore. It says connected, but is not charging.I have already tried: 1. Uninstall Microsoft ACPI - Compiant Control Method Batter and keep it without power...
  4. Charging problem after 20H2 update?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Charging problem after 20H2 update?: So recently I installed the 20H2 Update and I noticed that I started to stop charging as in my battery will stay on the same number, but somehow it reached down to 31 now and I knew that's when I knew its not charging. I changed my battery settings from better performance to...
  5. Laptop not Charging after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop not Charging after Windows 10 update: Hello allI got a new Razer pro 17 laptop with windows 10 on it.after a windows update, the laptop stopped charging, even though the charger is plugged in.at first, i thought its a hardware issue, so I did a clean windows rest completely wiped out all data, and I found out the...
  6. Laptop not charging after windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not charging after windows update: I had my laptop Hp omen 17 running perfectly. A notification poped up thay there is an update that needs to be installed so i had to reboot my laptop. I did so and right after that my battery started to lose percentage even though it was plugged in. That resulted in my laptop...
  7. USB Device Charging Problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Device Charging Problem: I recently started having an issue charging my Anker Soundcore Life Q20 headphones. I am using an older Dell 620 Desktop that has been updated to Win10 Home. Previously, I would plug the headphones into a USB port for charging with a micro USB cable without problem. Now,...
  8. Battery not charging after Windows 10 1903 Update

Battery not charging after Windows 10 1903 Update: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop, and I've tried solutions posted out there but nothing is working yet. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/battery-not-charging-after-windows-10-1903-update/9530cfc4-092a-458a-8e13-a33f0fb4fe29
  9. USB Problem after 1903 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    USB Problem after 1903 update: Seemingly my 1093 update went through OK, maybe before the block was put on for USB connected items. I now have problems which appear related to USB. Adobe Lightroom appears to function perfectly until I attempt to import new image(s). It then hangs, even before the...
  10. battery won't charge after windows 10 update

battery won't charge after windows 10 update: I have a lot of different laptops having this same issue some older some newer why can't mircosoft let us at least run our charger in the last mode it worked in ,instead of giving us no option? or windows whoever left us optionless?...