Windows 10: Usb composite device setup and ready

Discus and support Usb composite device setup and ready in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Win10. What does this message on boot up mean "USB composite device setup and ready.." ? The machine was just beset with a bug, flashing a message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by abrogard, Jul 25, 2018.

1. abrogard Win User

Usb composite device setup and ready

Win10.

What does this message on boot up mean "USB composite device setup and ready.." ?

The machine was just beset with a bug, flashing a message about 'last usb device connected not recognised..' and we couldn't find anything wrong in device manager or anywhere...

complete with a 'ding, ding' sort of sound in the headphones all the time..

and device manager doing a sort of 'shake' periodically along with the 'ding ding'.

I pulled out the usb webcam and that fixed it.

Booted up alright after that....

But straight away reported 'usb composite device set up and ready to go..'

What's going on? What would that mean? Anything I could do/should do about his installation in light of these happenings?

I have Kyhi's disk on usb and a win10 64 boot install usb - but I've never found a way to use either to save a crashing win10 install and I've had two of them in the last year......

:)

abrogard, Jul 25, 2018

2. USB composite device "driver error"

USB composite device "driver error" is appearing in device manager. Update Driver Software does not correct problem. Any suggestions?

PAULAZILLER, Jul 25, 2018
  3. Anna Bol Win User
    USB-Speakers, USB Composite Device Cannot start. (Code 10)

Hello Monty,

The code that you’re getting is a common driver error. This could sometimes mean that a driver for a specific device is failing to load which could be your smart card reader or other USB composite device. To isolate the issue, kindly provide us the following
    information:

• Have you made any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you installed the latest Windows updates?
    • Do you have any external other device connected via USB?
    • How did you update your USB Composite Device drivers?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you follow the methods below:

Method 1: Uninstall the Driver

• Go to Device Manager.
    • Locate the device that is causing the code 10 error. Right-click it and select Uninstall on the context menu.
    • When prompted to confirm the uninstallation, check the box next to “Delete the driver software for this device” and click the OK button.
    • Restart your computer and check to see if the issue is resolved.

Method 2: Update the driver

You can update the driver manually by going to the manufacturer’s website for the device that has the code 10 error, and search for the most recent correct driver. You may also follow these steps on how to update the USB
    composite device driver via Device manager:

• Hit Windows key + R key together to open Run dialog box.

Type devmgmt.msc in the box and hit Enter to open Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers dialog.

Find and right-click on USB Composite Device.

Then click Update Driver Software.
    • Click Search automatically for updated driver software.

After doing the said methods, check if the issue persists.

Feel free to get back to us should you need further assistance.

Anna Bol, Jul 25, 2018
  4. Sephalt Win User

USB Composite Device

USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

Plug the device into an available USB 2.0 port, and click Next. Otherwise, click Cancel.

The printer cable was working perfectly fine until a few weeks ago. The same problem erupted before but after several minutes on trying to fix it, the printer worked. I am aware that the USB is definitely in a 2.0 port and not a 3.0. Prior to an update (I
    think), the printer worked perfectly fine until the problem appeared. I did not remove or put the wire in any other slot and it suddenly stopped working.

I have tried to update all of the drivers under "Universal Serial Bus Controller" and everything was up to date. I also tried to then put the cable in different ports, yet nothing.

USB Composite Device can’t work properly with USB 3.0.

Not fixed

If the USB 2.0 device is incompatible with USB 3.0, plugging it into a USB 2.0 port can solve the problem.

USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

Informational

Some USB 2.0 devices are incompatible with USB 3.0. Plugging them into a USB 2.0 port can fix the problem.

Sephalt, Jul 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Usb composite device setup and ready - Similar Threads - Usb composite device

2. how to update usb composite device-

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to update usb composite device-: i need to download it.. i think. I cant do it autmaticaly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-usb-composite-device/7d1adea4-f661-4a5a-b7be-4b70c4950ca1
  3. how to update usb composite device-

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to update usb composite device-: i need to download it.. i think. I cant do it autmaticaly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-update-usb-composite-device/7d1adea4-f661-4a5a-b7be-4b70c4950ca1
  4. usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0: am trying to connect my huawei p10 phone to laptop but keep getting messages stating device not connected. even though the device shows up on the "devices and printers" section of "control panel". Have tried various methods of driver updates but nothing will connect with...
  5. usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0

usb composite device can't work properly with usb 3.0: am trying to connect my huawei p10 phone to laptop but keep getting messages stating device not connected. even though the device shows up on the "devices and printers" section of "control panel". Have tried various methods of driver updates but nothing will connect with...
  6. USB Composite Device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Composite Device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: Seemingly out of nowhere a device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and when it does, it creates a moment of subtle lag and frame drops when gaming and I can't seem to find what is causing this. It also makes the constant USB device connected bleep. Here is a log of the...
  7. USB Composite Device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting

USB Composite Device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting: Seemingly out of nowhere a device keeps disconnecting and reconnecting and when it does, it creates a moment of subtle lag and frame drops when gaming and I can't seem to find what is causing this. It also makes the constant USB device connected bleep. Here is a log of the...
  8. Trouble installing Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Trouble installing Apple Mobile Device USB Composite Device: It all started when I tried to connect my iphone to my pc. The Driver wasn't getting installed. When I tried to install it with various means, with and without having iTunes installed, I got "Windows encountered a problem installing the driver for your device" and "One of...
  9. Missing Samsung USB Composite Device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing Samsung USB Composite Device: I wanted to transfer some music from my computer(a PowerSpec computer from MicroCenter) to my phone(Galaxy S9+), but when I went to plug in my phone to my computer, my computer didn't recognize it at all. No sound or pop up to notify any connection. I opened smart switch on...
  10. USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0

in Windows 10 News
    USB Composite Device is an older USB device and might not work with USB 3.0: [ATTACH] USB 3.0 was a major breakthrough in the data transfer market. Marked by blue-colored USB ports, the USB 3.0 provided users with speeds up to 10 times of USB 2.0 (5 GBPS) thanks to which large media files and programs [...] This post USB Composite Device is an older...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dell error usb composite misconfigured

2. usb composite misconfigured windows 10

3. USB Composite Device isseu an ready to go

4. dell USB Composite - Misconfigured