Windows 10: USB Connect/Disconnect Sound

Discus and support USB Connect/Disconnect Sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Go to Control Panel/Sounds/Sounds tab. scroll down to Device Connect and Device Disconnect. If there isn't a sound associated with it, (ie) a speaker... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by spunk, Apr 5, 2018.

1. spunk Win User

USB Connect/Disconnect Sound

Go to Control Panel/Sounds/Sounds tab. scroll down to Device Connect and Device Disconnect. If there isn't a sound associated with it, (ie) a speaker icon next to it, then choose the Browse button and choose whatever sound you want. Default is Windows Hardware Insert, and Remove respectively.

spunk, Apr 5, 2018
  2. TheCROW Win User

Hello All,
    I just built a new system last week and everything is working correctly with the recent drivers and all.
    I'm having a problem with the USB Connect/Disconnect sound, it's not coming up when I connect or disconnect a USB flash Drive or HDD. Everything else is working correctly including sound in all apps and games.
    Worth to mention that in the first couple of days after the build, the connect/disconnect sound was working as it should.
    I've had this issue with my previous system as well.
    My Windows 10 version is 1709 (16299.371) I guess some update messed with the USB sound.
    Any way to resolve this?
    Thank you kindly.

:)

TheCROW, Apr 25, 2018
  3. SarahK85 Win User
    USB CONNECT/DISCONNECT SOUND

What was your solution here? My computer has just started doing this out of the blue. It's the same model and is under a year old.

SarahK85, Apr 25, 2018
  4. Ian Ser Win User

USB CONNECT/DISCONNECT SOUND

Hi Nicholas,

Please answer these questions below to resolve and isolate the issue you are currently experiencing:

• When did the issue started to happen?
    • Were there any changes/updates to your device prior to the issue happening?

We advise updating the driver by searching for its hardware ID and then downloading the appropriate drivers. Follow JMH's instructions on this
    link on how to do this.

We also advise connecting the device to another monitor and with a different cable to know if the issue is with the equipments you are using.

We look forward to your update.

Ian Ser, Apr 25, 2018
  5. Hi and Welcome to TenForums!

It could be a problem with the chipset drivers. I would recommend installing the latest chipset drivers from your motherboard manufacturer's website.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 26, 2018
  6. TheCROW Win User
    Thank you for your reply. I already made sure I have the latest drivers, including the Intel Chipset. The current version I have is 10.1.1.45 which is the latest on MSI website. (My mobo is MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon)

TheCROW, Apr 26, 2018
Thema:

1. USB Connect/Disconnect Sound - Similar Threads - USB Connect Disconnect

2. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound: Hi! Would like to ask help because my PC has been making a USB Connected/Disconnected sound repeatedly and it's been getting pretty annoying. I tried disconnecting all devices in my USB ports, however the sound still persisted. I have muted it for the meantime as it is...
  3. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound: Hi! Would like to ask help because my PC has been making a USB Connected/Disconnected sound repeatedly and it's been getting pretty annoying. I tried disconnecting all devices in my USB ports, however the sound still persisted. I have muted it for the meantime as it is...
  4. USB Connecting/Disconnecting Sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023: 1 See if you can System Restore to a point before the problem started: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-restore-windows-10 System Restore is your first line of defense and can take you back to a point before a problem began like a time machine. If it doesn't help...
  6. Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023: 1 See if you can System Restore to a point before the problem started: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-system-restore-windows-10 System Restore is your first line of defense and can take you back to a point before a problem began like a time machine. If it doesn't help...
  7. Random USB connect/disconnect sound 2023

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. USB disconnect sound

USB disconnect sound: I get periodic USB disconnect sounds, but I have no idea what's disconnecting. Is there a way to find out? Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) 174414
  9. No sound when connecting and disconnecting USB devices

No sound when connecting and disconnecting USB devices: There's no sound when I connect and disconnect USB devices. The sounds used to work until one or two weeks ago. I am not sure if the other event sounds work or not, but I can use media players without issues. If I check the Sounds tab under Settings, I can see the event...
  10. USB Infinity pedal not connecting - Windows connect, disconnect sound

USB Infinity pedal not connecting - Windows connect, disconnect sound: Hi This foot pedal was perfectly until about two weeks ago. I am a transcriptionist and so need this to stop and start audio while i type it. I am running windows 10 on a Toshiba Tecra A8 laptop. I have just upgraded to the Creator version but it was doing the same...