Windows 10: USB connection or driver problem?

Discus and support USB connection or driver problem? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have Windows 10. One of my USB devices stopped working on my PC. I purchased another because I thought it was broken. My PC won't recognize my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by aeaston15, Aug 21, 2018.

1. aeaston15 Win User

USB connection or driver problem?

I have Windows 10. One of my USB devices stopped working on my PC. I purchased another because I thought it was broken. My PC won't recognize my device, which is an MP3/USB device. Is it a driver problem or connection? Thanks for helping, Anita

:)

aeaston15, Aug 21, 2018

2. USB problems

checked all of those suggestions an still no luck. They show as being there and enabled but doesnt recognize anything you plug into them. I got a driver checker as well and it lists the drivers as up to date. could this be a bad motherboard?

tommys2827, Aug 21, 2018
  3. USB Audio Codec Driver

After following all these steps, my usb audio device still does not work. In Settings > Connected devices it list USB Audio Codec Driver is unavailable.

Jerry De La Cruz, Aug 21, 2018
  4. newtekie1 Win User

[SOLVED] "Nothing" works! Cant connect to internet, cant connect usb flash drive, missing drivers...

The USB flash drive might work eventually if you leave it plugged in for awhile. The problem with W7 is that when you plug something new in for the first time, even a generic USB flash drive, it is going to search online for the drivers. Windows 7 is really stupid in this way. Since you don't have an internet connection(because you don't have network drivers installed) you have to wait for the Windows device installer to time out on searching online for drivers before it will load the default built in USB Mass Storage drivers.

When you plug in the flash drive, does the little installing device icon show up in the system tray? If it does, you might be able to click on it and force it to stop looking for the drivers online.

Edit: I just looked at your screenshot more closely. It is listing the USB controller as not functioning properly. So it too might need drivers. But this is more likely the USB3.0 controller, since Win7 doesn't natively support USB3.0. It does natively support USB2.0, so those ports should work without loading drivers. But my suggestion would be to download every driver for your motherboard from the manufacturers website and burn them on a DVD. Then load them from them all from the DVD.

newtekie1, Aug 21, 2018
Thema:

1. USB connection or driver problem? - Similar Threads - USB connection driver

2. usb driver problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb driver problem: hello, I have a problem, my mobile "redmi a2" I can't find a solution - device driver installing failed - error code no. 10. I tried to deal with it in many ways and still nothing, my system is windows 7 professional,,, PLEASE HELP, I can't transfer files between my PC and...
  3. usb driver problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb driver problem: hello, I have a problem, my mobile "redmi a2" I can't find a solution - device driver installing failed - error code no. 10. I tried to deal with it in many ways and still nothing, my system is windows 7 professional,,, PLEASE HELP, I can't transfer files between my PC and...
  4. USB to UART driver problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB to UART driver problem: USB to UART driver problem since upgrading to windows11. i used silicon labs cp210x before. does not work now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-to-uart-driver-problem/628035f4-47b3-4736-873a-e7d5773fc494
  5. Problems with WiFi and USB driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problems with WiFi and USB driver: I have the problem as below image. I tried to uninstall them and install others new but not work. I scanned by the OEM system Dell, still not work. Might it be broken inside the wifi card?...
  6. problem with USB connection

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    problem with USB connection: The issue occurred after Windows was reinstalled. After that my USB mic stopped working. I tried to plug the mic in the other port - it is not working. I plugged it into another PC - it is working. I tried to update the drivers and got a message "The driver installation file...
  7. WiFi and USB Driver Problems

WiFi and USB Driver Problems: Hi all, after some hardware problems I had to restart my PC. Both, the Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260 as well as the USB Root Hub failed to load. According to the Device Manager, the Wifi Device cannot start (Code 10) and the USB Root Hub may be corrupt or missing (Code...
  8. USB connection problem

USB connection problem: Hello everybody, please be gentle i am not too computer savvy. My problem is tha I am trying to connerct a USB keyboard but it shows in DevMgr as Code 43 and I am now out of ideas, The machine is an HP Envy 250 g6 running windows 10, fully updated and about 2 years old....
  9. USB connection problem

USB connection problem: i am using acer aspire E5-473; wanting to install driver for canon LBP6030 printer. At the middle of installation shows: usb can't recognize the device and installation stop for retry or cancel. I have tried for several times but the same thing happens. Is it happening for...
  10. USB driver problem

USB driver problem: I have now iterated through several builds of Windows 10, but this problem has not gone away. When I boot up (or reboot), two USB devices do not work. They complain that there is a problem with the driver. When I update the driver (using Device Manager) to the very same...