Windows 10: USB Device Chimes

Discus and support USB Device Chimes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey Guys, I recently noticed that I no longer have the 'plugged-in' Chime and 'removal' Chime when using a USB device. I checked my sound settings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by a4orce84, Feb 7, 2016.

1. a4orce84 Win User

USB Device Chimes

Hey Guys,

I recently noticed that I no longer have the 'plugged-in' Chime and 'removal' Chime when using a USB device. I checked my sound settings, in the control panel, and everything appears to be set correctly.

Is there any other settings or anything I need to do to ensure (or turn on) the chimes when plugging in USB devices?

Thanks,
    Asif

:)

a4orce84, Feb 7, 2016

2. In Windows 10, device connect/disconnect sound plays over and over when monitor powers down (sleep)

We downloaded the suggested: “USBDeview” software from Nirsoft and discovered the the USB device that is ringing the constant connect/disconnect sound is the 690LC device; which is the EVGA water-cooled CPU Cooler. Respectively we cannot turn that device
    off; and, it is working perfectly.

So, how do we get Windows 10 Pro to ignore that USB device, not sound the USB connect/Disconnect chime every time the cooler gets a signal from the CPU; and, yet, still have the USB chime working properly whenever we connect other USB devices?

Is there some setting that we can set in the Registry that will end this annoying problem?

TniasAlpha, Feb 7, 2016
  3. Insignia Bluetooth 4.0 USB adapter not functioning on Windows 10

Recently purchased a Bluetooth 4.0 usb adapter and cannot get it to function. The driver I downloaded for it will Auto-Run and fail at finding it. It chimes when plugged in and when I go to the Device Manager it can't update drivers.

Its ya boi Goob, Feb 7, 2016
  4. PJLLB Win User

USB Device Chimes

Are the "Device Connect" and "Device Disconnect" sounds assigned in the Sound Control Panel (Control Panel >> Sound >> Sounds >> Windows area)? If so, test the assigned sound in that location.

PJLLB, Feb 7, 2016
  5. a4orce84 Win User
    So it appears to keep creating a "modified" sound scheme, with the device connect / device disconnect sounds disabled. Maybe because I'm plugging things in and out frequently to test?

a4orce84, Feb 7, 2016
  6. PJLLB Win User
    Your testing should not be causing the modified scheme. When I plug in a USB device, I make sure it's in for a period of time and Windows has the ability to recognize it, initialize it, and load necessary drivers, etc. before I unplug it.

I would also perform a full reboot (not shutdown and then restart).

PJLLB, Feb 8, 2016
  7. a4orce84 Win User
    what is a 'full reboot' consist of then, if not shutdown and restart?

a4orce84, Feb 8, 2016
  8. PJLLB Win User

USB Device Chimes

A shutdown and startup with fastart enabled (the default) does not reload Windows. Only a restart does.

PJLLB, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB Device Chimes

1. USB Device Chimes - Similar Threads - USB Device Chimes

2. Win10 repeatidly chimes for mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 repeatidly chimes for mouse: For months Win10 every few minutes chimes the "New Attachment Detected" for my mouse and the scroll wheel works intermittently. Its not the port, wire, mouse Win10 continues it is using the best driver and so on....
  3. Mysterious chime alert

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mysterious chime alert: I have disabled practically all alert sounds in my Win10 system. I get occasional chime alert sounds that I can't identify as sounds I've enabled. They're not either of the two system sounds I've enabled and they are not browser sounds I've enabled. How can I determine why I...
  4. Mysterious chime alert

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mysterious chime alert: I have disabled practically all alert sounds in my Win10 system. I get occasional chime alert sounds that I can't identify as sounds I've enabled. They're not either of the two system sounds I've enabled and they are not browser sounds I've enabled. How can I determine why I...
  5. Mysterious chime alert

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Windows 10 - USB Connect Chiming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 - USB Connect Chiming: My set up: Laptop Dell XPS 13, Dell Thunderbolt Dock - WD19TB to attach external Dell monitor, keyboard and mouse. USB-C connections. I've had this happen twice - not sure what I did to fix it the first time, but very frustrated. After a video teleconferencing call...
  7. Persistent audio chiming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Persistent audio chiming: My Win 10 PC is patched up to date as of today 18 Feb. 2020. I have an old Bose surround sound system fed from the audio out jack. The PC recently started producing continual three or four note system chimes as when connecting a new USB device etc. I completely removed the...
  8. Chime alert

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chime alert: Once into a flight I'm getting a chime every few seconds. I have no idea what's causing it. I have FSX Deluxe boxed edition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chime-alert/1737a996-f777-4340-9f4e-a7d7539c3693
  9. Clock chimes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clock chimes: My clock chimes every hour on the hour. HOW DO I STOP IT! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clock-chimes/d9f37597-e0a5-461c-9e05-8abb7fc759ac
  10. Clicking Network Icon in Taskbar Causes USB Disconnect Chime?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Clicking Network Icon in Taskbar Causes USB Disconnect Chime?: If I click the Network Icon in the taskbar (by the speaker icon) I get a USB "Disconnect" chime? I can see anything vanishing from Device Manager. What else can I check? 46869

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. windows 10 chimes disconnect/connect whe sleeping