Windows 10: USB Device Descriptor Failed??

Discus and support USB Device Descriptor Failed?? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; [img] So this kept happening before and then it stopped being problematic for a while..unfortunately the issue has once again returned. In Event... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kyle, Sep 11, 2017.

1. Kyle Win User

USB Device Descriptor Failed??

USB Device Descriptor Failed?? [​IMG]

So this kept happening before and then it stopped being problematic for a while..unfortunately the issue has once again returned. In Event Viewer it says usbhci or something. When this issue occurs a few things happen:
    • All USB devices cease to function until system is rebooted
    • Network controller ceases to function
    Event Viewer also shows an error (in System pane) for Kernel=PnP:
    Code: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 12-Sep-17 1:02:45 PM Event ID: 219 Task Category: (212) Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: -PC Description: The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860&MS_COMP_MTP&SAMSUNG_Android\6&18f52f5f&1&0000. Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9C205A39-1250-487D-ABD7-E831C6290539}" /> <EventID>219</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>3</Level> <Task>212</Task> <Opcode>0</Opcode> <Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-09-12T12:02:45.418437100Z" /> <EventRecordID>14537</EventRecordID> <Correlation /> <Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="304" /> <Channel>System</Channel> <Computer>-PC</Computer> <Security UserID="S-1-5-18" /> </System> <EventData> <Data Name="DriverNameLength">67</Data> <Data Name="DriverName">USB\VID_04E8&amp;PID_6860&amp;MS_COMP_MTP&amp;SAMSUNG_Android\6&amp;18f52f5f&amp;1&amp;0000</Data> <Data Name="Status">3221226341</Data> <Data Name="FailureNameLength">14</Data> <Data Name="FailureName">\Driver\WudfRd</Data> <Data Name="Version">0</Data> </EventData> </Event>[/quote] USBEHCI:
    Code: Log Name: System Source: usbehci Date: 12-Sep-17 12:59:17 PM Event ID: 3 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: -PC Description: A timeout occurred while waiting for the EHCI host controller Asynchronous Schedule to transition to the enabled state. Event Xml: <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event"> <System> <Provider Name="usbehci" /> <EventID Qualifiers="49153">3</EventID> <Level>2</Level> <Task>0</Task> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2017-09-12T11:59:17.462532700Z" /> <EventRecordID>14488</EventRecordID> <Channel>System</Channel> <Computer>-PC</Computer> <Security /> </System> <EventData> <Data>\Device\USBFDO-3</Data> <Binary>000068000100000000000000030001C000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000002109643000000006A1200005A12000010000000000000000000000013000000000000000000000000000000000000005174000003000000020000000100000011000000DE7B00000000000000000000100000000000000001000000000000000000000000000000</Binary> </EventData> </Event>[/quote]

:)

2. My Windows isnt detecting any of my USB Hubs

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) is not working properly

Detected

Windows has detected a problem with Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

Device information

Name:
    Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

ID:
    USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&161B9FA8&0&4

Error code:

View device details

Completed

View details about Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) and check if there is a solution available.

Nope didnt fix it anyway seems like i need to do something about it i wonder if there was a missing file from the install ?

LiteGaming, Sep 11, 2017
  3. Windows 10 not recognizing Samsung Galaxy S6

Same here, 'Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) is not working properly'

Anyone have a solution for this?

baroquedub, Sep 11, 2017
  4. Tony K Win User

Hi there. Run the troubleshooter within the Settings app > Update & security > Troubleshoot.

You may also want to look in Security Center > Device performance and health.

Tony K, Sep 11, 2017
  5. Kyle Win User
    Done both and they found no issues. Windows has never been so helpful with such troubleshooting. It just says what I already know.

Code: Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) is not working properly Detected USB Device Descriptor Failed?? [​IMG] Windows has detected a problem with Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed). [/quote]

6. Tony K Win User
    I find that troubleshooters work a majority of times, but not always.

Sounds like a corrupt or faulty USB controller drivers. Have you tried updating that driver? Look on the manufactures site for updated one? You may try uninstalling the USB controllers and reboot. I've done that in the past for a fix.

Have you tried the thumb in another PC? Could be it corrupts the system. Run a virus scan?

Tony K, Sep 11, 2017
  7. Kyle Win User
    System is completely clean from any type of virus. I've done a system integrity and disk check. It's not a USB storage device (I don't think) that's causing it as the same USB devices are connected still when it didn't happen. It just so randomly happens. There is no point really in going to ASUS' website as they don't update the drivers list for my motherboard, or in some cases any board really. The only alternative would really be to try and find a new updated driver for the actual controller manufacturer itself?? I don't know. It's the USB 2.0 controller possibly. I don't have any USBs in USB 3.0 slots.

USB Controller is ASMedia apparently.

8. Tony K Win User

The EHCI (enhanced host controller interface) driver simultaneously supports USB 2.0 and USB 1.1 protocols.

Yes, it's probably an Asmedia brand Host Controller. I have an Asus board with it and install the Asmedia driver for it after an OS install. You must have the generic driver as seen in red font below vs mine in my shot? You can look up your board on the Asus site and download the drivers for various peripherals.

Are you plugging in an Android phone? The event is:

The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device USB\VID_04E8&PID_6860&MS_COMP_MTP&SAMSUNG_Android\6&18f52f5f&1&0000.

Tony K, Sep 11, 2017
  9. Kyle Win User
    Yeah, I have my Galaxy S6 Edge connected via USB constantly as I use it for my Internet connection. I use PDANet+. USB Device Descriptor Failed?? :p

10. Tony K Win User
    Hmm. It states it can't load the device driver (which actually allows the PC to read the phone) and it works for your connection? This is weird. Perhaps it's attempting to install a second instance of the driver?

I have a Windows phone that it loads a driver for with no problems, but don't use it for a connection. I can see mine in USB devices with Device Manager. What's yours looking like?

Tony K, Sep 12, 2017
  11. Kyle Win User
    I just updated the Samsung Android ADB Interface via the Device Manager and all 3 ASMedia USB3.0 eXtensible Host Controllers. I downloaded this update from the Microsoft Update Catalog and updated it through the Device Manager as well.

12. Tony K Win User
    Cool. Should be good to go now.

So it loaded the adapter (via your phone) driver, but couldn't install ADB interface driver to read the phone (as a drive) I assume?

You should be better off with the Asmedia drivers, although it had nothing to do with your problem.

Tony K, Sep 12, 2017
  13. Kyle Win User

It loads the driver for my phone fine. Even with it connected to my PC via USB and it being used as my Internet Connection "gateway" I'm still able to read the device files.

14. Kyle Win User
    Sorry for the double post. I do believe the issue is somewhat resolved. (I think) It hasn't happened again so far since updating my Asmedia USB controller. I greatly appreciate your support, HG. Thank you very much for your time.

15. Tony K Win User
    You're welcome, Kyle. Glad to be of help.

Please feel free to call me Tony.

If you feel this is solved and haven't marked already, please mark this thread as solved.

Tony K, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. USB Device Descriptor Failed?? - Similar Threads - USB Device Descriptor

2. USB Device descriptor request failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Device descriptor request failed: I have a surface pro 7 and every time I put on the signature type cover it tells me usb device not recognized. I have tried everything to fix this. It use to work but now wont. I thought it might be the type cover but the new one I bought says the same thing....
  3. USB Device Descriptor Request Failed

USB Device Descriptor Request Failed: This happened shortly after the 204 update. Not able to identify the specific hardware causing the issue going into properties and the various details. Tried unplugging mouse, keyboard, webcam. Reinstalled chipset driver. Any way to identify the specific hardware causing...
  4. USB device descriptor request failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB device descriptor request failed: i have a generic usb controller that was working fine but then stopped working and showed this error. At first i thought it is an issue with the controller but the same happen with another usb controller. I've tried every method to fix it but none worked. Edit-code 43...
  5. A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...: A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware....
  6. A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...: When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware. May I please know, How to get rid of this issue? Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)...
  7. USB device descriptor failed.

USB device descriptor failed.: Hi, I can't use my flash mem ory Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request for the USB device descriptor failed....
  8. A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.: Please fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/a-request-for-the-usb-device-descriptor-failed/7386ba09-376f-417e-8d67-85294c79aad3
  9. A request for the USB device descriptor failed

A request for the USB device descriptor failed: Hello I have a USB device (X.Vision PCDVB-3100) It work properly in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 But now in Windows 10 when I connect it to USB port, The Windows give me this error: “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request...
  10. USB device descriptor failed

USB device descriptor failed: Most of the threads on this error are old, (2015) so I am starting a new one. I only notice it when I happen to be in the device manager. I have no problems with any of my connected USB devices (that I have observed). I have tried uninstalling it, and rescanning and it...