Windows 10: USB Device Malfunction

Discus and support USB Device Malfunction in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I just brought my computer home and when I logged in and plugged in my seven port USB hub, it came up as a notification saying "The last USB that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by L Mttrs, Jul 28, 2018.

1. L Mttrs Win User

USB Device Malfunction

Hi,

I just brought my computer home and when I logged in and plugged in my seven port USB hub, it came up as a notification saying "The last USB that was plugged in to this computer malfunctioned and was not recognized.". Nothing like this has ever happened to me and that USB hub has always been working perfectly fine, it just randomly showed that message. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in, but I got the same results every time. Please respond, Thanks!

:)

L Mttrs, Jul 28, 2018

2. usb device not recognized (malfunction) - Printer

Hope somebody can help a non-techy here.
    I have a canon IX4000 printer, and had been using it without problem. The next day (having touched nothing), I got a USB device not recognized warning, and that it has a malfunction (this is under Windows XP).

I've tried the following:
    - deinstalling all USB drivers under device manager
    - system restore to several days prior, when I knew the printer was working
    - trying a different USB lead (tested the lead on another device, so know it works)
    - plugged lead into every other available USB port on the computer (front and back).
    - tried plugging it into another computer (comes up with the same malfunction warning)
    - deinstalled the printer drivers, downloaded and reinstalled them.

Nothing I've tried works. I know the printer functions as I can start it up under service mode and print off test pages without problems, but my computer just won't have it. Could it be a hardware failure, and if not is there anything else I can try that isn't listed above?

Really grateful to anyone who can reply. *Smile USB Device Malfunction :)

zarathustra2012, Jul 28, 2018
  3. tchagas Win User
    USB Device malfunctioned

No more information

USB Device Malfunction [​IMG]

tchagas, Jul 28, 2018
  4. tchagas Win User

USB Device Malfunction

USB Device malfunctioned

Did not understand the part of the BSOD, I will generate the file and post the file generated in the BSOD section?
    Follows images below Device Manager

tchagas, Jul 28, 2018
Thema:

USB Device Malfunction

1. USB Device Malfunction - Similar Threads - USB Device Malfunction

2. USB device not recognised malfunctioned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognised malfunctioned: How do I attend to this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-not-recognised-malfunctioned/fd42bdba-bf71-49f5-ad31-ee0f263dd3a3
  3. USB device not recognised malfunctioned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognised malfunctioned: How do I attend to this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-not-recognised-malfunctioned/fd42bdba-bf71-49f5-ad31-ee0f263dd3a3
  4. USB Device not recognized - Device malfunctioned

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Device not recognized - Device malfunctioned: I have been having problems with my SSD disconnecting and I just realized that a very quick pop up appears when that happens. I managed to take a screenshot of it:If Iook in the device manager window, I see an error. It does not matter in which usb port I plug the SSD, the...
  5. USB Device not recognized - Device malfunctioned

USB Device not recognized - Device malfunctioned: I have been having problems with my SSD disconnecting and I just realized that a very quick pop up appears when that happens. I managed to take a screenshot of it:If Iook in the device manager window, I see an error. It does not matter in which usb port I plug the SSD, the...
  6. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  7. USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.

USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned.: Hello, I get a notification from the windows explorer stating that; USB device not recognized. The last USB device connected to this computer malfunctioned whenever I tried to connect my wireless mouse. I have tried power management, driver update methods but nothing worked....
  8. USB device malfunctioned HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB device malfunctioned HDD: I'm unable to access my HDD no more after a USB port power surge and from what I knew from the error notifications : - USB device is malfunctioned - In device manager there was a USB device port reset failed - The last event on that certain port reset failed was device not...
  9. USB device malfunctioned

USB device malfunctioned: I'm having a problem with my USB C hdd disconnecting for no reason while I am reading data from it. It seems to be ok when writing to it, but if I try and read data off it it will disconnect and windows will tell me it has malfunctioned. It came with a USBC to USBA adapter...
  10. USB Device malfunctioned

USB Device malfunctioned: Windows interrupted this device because it encountered problems . (Code 43). I've searched all the methods but can't solve this problem. Motherboard Gigabyte GA-G41MT-S2 - System - Provider [ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP [ Guid]...