Windows 10: "USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed" but ...

Discus and support "USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed" but ... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I sporadically gets the "USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed"; however, while I have 6 USB devices connected, none of them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by klausindc, Oct 9, 2017.

1. klausindc Win User

"USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed" but ...

Hi,
    I sporadically gets the "USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed"; however, while I have 6 USB devices connected, none of them seem to be the cause of the error. When I use devmgmt.msc to get the Hardware Ids, the value is simply "USB\DEVICE_DESCRIPTOR_FAILURE". I use TARGET software to control two joysticks and a rudder. (Besides these three USB devices I have a keyboard, a mouse and a TrackIR 5). In some instances everything works even though I got the error but in others instances none of the joysticks are working as expected. Sometimes restarting the computer helps or uninstalling the "mystic" USB device, however the problem always reappear and I would really like to get rid of it permanently.
    Anyone got some idea what could be causing this?
    I have updated all drivers but it did not help.
    Thanks,
    Klaus

:)

klausindc, Oct 9, 2017

2. Touchscreen on laptop not working because usb not recognized

I know what the problem is but I don't know how to activate it. My laptop's touchscreen isn't working. It's not showing up in Device Manager because it doesn't recognize the USB for the touch screen. The USB says "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor
    Request Failed)". I don't know how to make Windows recognize it for the the touchscreen to come back on.

Elizabeth_31, Oct 9, 2017
  3. Windows 10 not recognizing Samsung Galaxy S6

Same here, 'Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) is not working properly'

Anyone have a solution for this?

baroquedub, Oct 9, 2017
  4. "USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed" but ...

Are these direct into the PC or are they running through a USB hub? Its possible there isnt being enough power being supplied via the port

kingtez1984, Oct 10, 2017
  5. klausindc Win User
    They are connected directly to the computer (to potentially solve the problem I did add a small hub with two USB2 ports that runs the keyboard and mouse; however, the problem was present before and was not solved by adding the two new USB2 ports).

klausindc, Oct 11, 2017
  6. try the device's in a different pc and see if they do the same.

Only other thing would be to remove ALL usb port drivers ans hosts and plug the device in question in by itself and see if it does it then. If it does i'd be inclined to suggest a fault with the device.

kingtez1984, Oct 11, 2017
  7. klausindc Win User
    Thanks Kingtez for your suggestions. I think I figured it out, so in case someone else have the same problem here is what I believe fixed the problem. The software that runs the joysticks creates one virtual joystick. Under device manager and power management I had disabled "Allow the computer to turn of this device to save power" for all the USB devices directly connected to the computer except of course for the virtual joystick. I have not had the error since I disabled the power management for the virtual device, so crossing my fingers...

klausindc, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

"USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed" but ...

1. "USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed" but ... - Similar Threads - USB Device Recognized

2. USB Device Not Recognized / Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Device Not Recognized / Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed: Hello!I have been using an Xbox 360 controller on my Windows 10 Laptop for several months. However, recently my device keeps saying it cannot be recognized, this happens even while in the middle of using the controller. The problem has been fixed from time to time but keeps...
  3. USB Device descriptor request failed

USB Device descriptor request failed: I have a surface pro 7 and every time I put on the signature type cover it tells me usb device not recognized. I have tried everything to fix this. It use to work but now wont. I thought it might be the type cover but the new one I bought says the same thing....
  4. USB Device Descriptor Request Failed

USB Device Descriptor Request Failed: This happened shortly after the 204 update. Not able to identify the specific hardware causing the issue going into properties and the various details. Tried unplugging mouse, keyboard, webcam. Reinstalled chipset driver. Any way to identify the specific hardware causing...
  5. USB device descriptor request failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB device descriptor request failed: i have a generic usb controller that was working fine but then stopped working and showed this error. At first i thought it is an issue with the controller but the same happen with another usb controller. I've tried every method to fix it but none worked. Edit-code 43...
  6. A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...: A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware....
  7. A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...: When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware. May I please know, How to get rid of this issue? Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)...
  8. A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.: Please fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/a-request-for-the-usb-device-descriptor-failed/7386ba09-376f-417e-8d67-85294c79aad3
  9. A request for the USB device descriptor failed

A request for the USB device descriptor failed: Hello I have a USB device (X.Vision PCDVB-3100) It work properly in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 But now in Windows 10 when I connect it to USB port, The Windows give me this error: “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request...
  10. USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed

USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed: When my girlfriend connects external USB device to any of the USB ports on Windows 10 Home she gets message: USB Device Not Recognized. She can not charge USB device via USB port. I went to device manager and under USB Controllers I see following: Unknown USB Device (...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. samsung tab pro s - keyboard driver - windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (code 43)a request for the usb device descriptor failed.