Windows 10: USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed

Discus and support USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When my girlfriend connects external USB device to any of the USB ports on Windows 10 Home she gets message: USB Device Not Recognized. She can not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by frozensun, Oct 1, 2017.

1. frozensun Win User

USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed

When my girlfriend connects external USB device to any of the USB ports on Windows 10 Home she gets message:
    USB Device Not Recognized.
    She can not charge USB device via USB port.
    I went to device manager and under USB Controllers I see following:
    Unknown USB Device ( Device Descriptor Request Failed).
    I tried some tricks I googled for this message but none of them returned result.
    She didn't get any of the drivers with this device which needs to charge.
    What should I do to be able to charge this device via USB?

:)

frozensun, Oct 1, 2017

2. My Xbox360 controller is not recognized

When I plug in my Xbox360 controller, I get a message saying the USB device is not recognized. The Controller is listed under "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" as "Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)" Under Properties it says

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed." Is there a solution to this problem? My friends would probably kill me if I tried to play Dark Souls with a keyboard

matthewbyrnes, Oct 1, 2017
  3. My Windows isnt detecting any of my USB Hubs

Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) is not working properly

Detected

Windows has detected a problem with Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed).

Device information

Name:
    Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)

ID:
    USB\VID_0000&PID_0002\6&161B9FA8&0&4

Error code:

View device details

Completed

View details about Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) and check if there is a solution available.

Nope didnt fix it anyway seems like i need to do something about it i wonder if there was a missing file from the install ?

LiteGaming, Oct 1, 2017
  4. USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed

Try the device on a different USB port. This will figure out if problem is caused by a broken port.
    Connect the device to another PC. This will figure out if the external device has problem.

Open Device Manager and expand category Universal Serial Bus Controllers and locate the USB device which is not being recognized by Windows.

Right-click on the device and select Uninstall from the context menu.

After finishing the uninstallation, restart your PC then Windows will reinstall the device automatically.

The problem can be caused by faulty USB driver. In this case, updating driver would fix the problem.

Obtaining Hardware ID's to help Identify Hardware
    - Go to Start and type in "devmgmt.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
    - Expand the "Unknown USB Device" category by clicking on the + sign to the left of it
    - Right click on the "Unknown device" (if there's more than one, do this for all of them) and select Properties.
    - Then select the Details tab.
    - In the dropdown box, select "Hardware IDs" - and match the info to one of the following descriptions:
    - - If the Hardware IDs description contains VEN_ and DEV_, then let us know the 4 characters immediately after the VEN_ and the 4 characters immediately after the DEV_
    this is a PCI device and we'll look up the information at Web Server's Default Page
    - - If the Hardware IDs description contains VID_ and PID_, then let us know the 4 characters immediately after the VID_ and the 4 characters immediately after the PID_
    this is a USB device and we'll look up the information at http://www.linux-usb.org/usb.ids
    If you don't have those items in the Hardware IDs description, copy down the entire string of the first entry and include that with your next post.

FreeBooter, Oct 1, 2017
  5. frozensun Win User
    She did connect it to any of the USB ports,she got same problem.
    I did try uninstall it,and then rebooted notebook.Same problem again,with same message.

frozensun, Oct 1, 2017
  6. Is the external device working with different computer?

FreeBooter, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed

1. USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed - Similar Threads - USB Device Recognized

2. USB Device Not Recognized / Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Device Not Recognized / Unknown USB Device Device Descriptor Request Failed: Hello!I have been using an Xbox 360 controller on my Windows 10 Laptop for several months. However, recently my device keeps saying it cannot be recognized, this happens even while in the middle of using the controller. The problem has been fixed from time to time but keeps...
  3. USB Device descriptor request failed

USB Device descriptor request failed: I have a surface pro 7 and every time I put on the signature type cover it tells me usb device not recognized. I have tried everything to fix this. It use to work but now wont. I thought it might be the type cover but the new one I bought says the same thing....
  4. USB Device Descriptor Request Failed

USB Device Descriptor Request Failed: This happened shortly after the 204 update. Not able to identify the specific hardware causing the issue going into properties and the various details. Tried unplugging mouse, keyboard, webcam. Reinstalled chipset driver. Any way to identify the specific hardware causing...
  5. USB device descriptor request failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB device descriptor request failed: i have a generic usb controller that was working fine but then stopped working and showed this error. At first i thought it is an issue with the controller but the same happen with another usb controller. I've tried every method to fix it but none worked. Edit-code 43...
  6. A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...: A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware....
  7. A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...: When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware. May I please know, How to get rid of this issue? Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)...
  8. A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.: Please fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/a-request-for-the-usb-device-descriptor-failed/7386ba09-376f-417e-8d67-85294c79aad3
  9. A request for the USB device descriptor failed

A request for the USB device descriptor failed: Hello I have a USB device (X.Vision PCDVB-3100) It work properly in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 But now in Windows 10 when I connect it to USB port, The Windows give me this error: “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request...
  10. "USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed" but ...

"USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed" but ...: Hi, I sporadically gets the "USB Device Not Recognized Device Descriptor Request Failed"; however, while I have 6 USB devices connected, none of them seem to be the cause of the error. When I use devmgmt.msc to get the Hardware Ids, the value is simply...