Windows 10: USB device not recognized on my laptop but recognized in other pcs/lap

Discus and support USB device not recognized on my laptop but recognized in other pcs/lap in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone.. Yesterday my laptop pushed a new Win 10 update, and all went fine, or at least I think so. But today I see that my Sony WALKMAN -... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by almasy87, Aug 4, 2016.

1. almasy87 Win User

USB device not recognized on my laptop but recognized in other pcs/lap

Hello everyone..
    Yesterday my laptop pushed a new Win 10 update, and all went fine, or at least I think so.
    But today I see that my Sony WALKMAN - which I used with no problem until now, can't be recognized anymore.

Basically it just shows as (E*Smile or Usb Drive E: but when I click it it says "Please insert a disk into E:/" like there is nothing there.

Now the interesting part is.. if I go to Device Manager I see it and clicking on properties etc t says it's working fine.

But if I go to Disk Management, the Drive shows as 14 gb of unallocated space and it's greyed out.

However, if I put it on my brother's laptop, it works perfectly and it can be opened, music moved into it etc - it shows as Healthy - Primary Partition in Disk Management. So it doesn't seem broken...

It's the same on each of the 4 usb ports btw. But, other usb devices (2 phones, 1 tablet) don't have any issue and are detected.

What could have caused this? I tried the basic Disable/Enable in Device Manager and also Uninstall Driver.. It doesn't do anything, it appears back when I replug it in.

No change in Safe Mode and no change after sfc /scannow

If anyone has any idea I'd be happy to try anything to fix this..

*Sad Thanks!

:)

almasy87, Aug 4, 2016
  2. #MJ
    #MJ Win User

My laptop doesn't recognize any MTP devices.

My laptop doesn't recognize any MTP devices say any android devices... When I connect my phone lap just notifies with sound that some usb device is connected but I can't find the device at My PC.... Please help me with this problem....

3. my USB 3 port just run one device that i connected last time

hi my laptop recently cant run/recognize any USB device with my usb 3 port and it just recognize my usb 3 flash memory(even no other usb3 devices). Any advice on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

SaeedFaraj Vajari, Aug 4, 2016
  4. aardvark Win User

This problem is being reported by many forum members with many different USB devices. It seems that Windows 10 Anniversary is having problems properly recognizing certain USB drives and devices. So far, no one has come up with a clear fix for this issue but it sounds like it is clearly related to the Anniversary update. For the record, I did a clean install and have not had any issues but most of the people reporting this problem make reference to updating to Anniversary.

aardvark, Aug 4, 2016
  5. almasy87 Win User
    Seems like that then.. In fact the other pcs where it works have Windows 7. Ok, I hope they manage to fix it eventually.

For the moment being, I found a workaround - formatted the drive in Disk Management to FAT32, and while it still won't have the previous "Music" "Root" etc folders it had before (now it's totally empty) - I found I can use a software named Media Go to push playlists inside, that way at least the playlists show.

Of course I preferred to just drag and drop the music in the folders I made on the storage, but it will have to do for now.. >_<

almasy87, Aug 4, 2016
  6. almasy87 Win User
    Actually no, that doesn't work either.. Looks like I'm stuck with doing it on WIN 7 for now :S

almasy87, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. USB device not recognized on my laptop but recognized in other pcs/lap - Similar Threads - USB device recognized

2. USB device not recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognized: Hello,Hope you can help me; my USB mouse connection keep pop-up USB device not recognized, have change port several time, and theproblem persists.What should I do?All suggestion welcomesThank you...
  3. USB Device Not Recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Device Not Recognized: My laptop repeatedly gives same error which is "USB device not recognized". Because of that, I deactivated USB device in Device Manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-not-recognized/3c805310-2d39-4ad9-91c6-748002e70429
  4. LAP TOP BATTERY NOT RECOGNIZED BY LAPTOP

in Windows 10 Customization
    LAP TOP BATTERY NOT RECOGNIZED BY LAPTOP: SOS!! My DELL laptop is showing that the battery am using is non dell and cannot be charged... i have been using it fro the past two years. what is the solution?...
  5. USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNIZED: I have a teacher who hooks into her Smart board from her laptop and when she is done, she always just unhooks the USB from her laptop and takes it back to her desk. Yesterday she started getting a pop up error from windows saying "The last USB device you connected to this...
  6. USB device not recognized

USB device not recognized: I have seen someone else post about this same problem but didn't see a legitimate solution. I have Win 10 and have never had this problem until recently. I'm using an S7 for my mp3 player and all music on it now was loaded via Win 10. All of the sudden, it's not getting...
  7. USB device not recognized

USB device not recognized: My WIFI mouse via a USB connector sometimes works and sometimes does not. I have tried a second piece of hardware and all three USB ports wit no lasting success. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-not-recognized/170cc763-dfa0-47fa-a275-cb24e03b0c72
  8. Usb device not recognized.

Usb device not recognized.: Last week, i bought a SanDisk 3.0 64gb usb flash drive, i formatted it to FAT32 with EaseUS for my wii, it worked, but the next day, the wii couldn't read it and also my pc. I tried to plug it in another pc running windows 10 , and another one running windows 8 , and a third...
  9. USB device not recognized

USB device not recognized: I have a Lenovo Android phone which after it self-upgraded it's software (customized Android UI) does not get recognized when it's plugged into my Lenovo G50 notebook. When plugged in, Windows gives "USB device not recognized" and the phone cannot be accessed. I've tried...
  10. USB device not recognized

USB device not recognized: I have a USB port on my motherboard that never worked. I had the problem with Windows 7 complaining about it, but something I did got Windows 7 to be quiet. Now I have Windows 10. Action Center is popping a steady stream - and I do mean steady - of "USB device not...