Windows 10: USB devices do not work on my laptop.

Discus and support USB devices do not work on my laptop. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When starting up my laptop this morning, my wireless mouse didn't work. I replaced the battery, still didn't work. Tried on another computer, the mouse... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DRZ, Dec 29, 2015.

1. DRZ
    DRZ Win User

USB devices do not work on my laptop.

When starting up my laptop this morning, my wireless mouse didn't work. I replaced the battery, still didn't work. Tried on another computer, the mouse did work. I went to look in device manager, the mouse wasn't detected by the laptop. I tried to connect my external harddrive, it got power but also wasn't detected by my laptop. Everything worked fine yesterday. Could someone help?

:)

2. USB Devices Do Not Work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

To better understand the issue please let us know

1.Do you receive any error message?

2.Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if this helps. Follow the steps below to do the same:

• Press ‘Windows key on the keyboard.
    • Type ‘Troubleshooting’, and press
      enter.
    • Click on ‘Hardware and Sound' and select ‘Hardware and Devices' .
    • Then click on next to run the troubleshooter.
    Also try to uninstall and re-install the drivers. You may follow these steps to uninstall and reinstall the drivers:

• Press “Windows Logo” + “R” keys on the keyboard and type “devmgmt.msc” in the “Run” Command box and press “Enter”.
    • In the “Device Manager” window, search for the Universal serial Bus controllers , right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for
      this device
      ” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers from the computer.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and the restart the computer if prompted.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Dec 29, 2015
  3. ter2679 Win User
    USB Devices Do Not Work

If there a similar link for W. 10?

ter2679, Dec 29, 2015
  4. Wullail Win User

When you look at the hardware / devices list , are your USB controller(s)/Hub listed at all?

Wullail, Dec 29, 2015
  5. DRZ
    DRZ Win User
    USB devices do not work on my laptop. [​IMG]

Thema:

1. USB devices do not work on my laptop. - Similar Threads - USB devices laptop

2. My usb devices stops working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My usb devices stops working.: So a few months back i started getting pc problems that i've never dealt with before which involved my usb devices not being usable at random periods of time. The program would often then freeze and play slowly but surely, one frame at a time show me the programs that i had...
  3. My usb devices stops working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My usb devices stops working.: So a few months back i started getting pc problems that i've never dealt with before which involved my usb devices not being usable at random periods of time. The program would often then freeze and play slowly but surely, one frame at a time show me the programs that i had...
  4. USB devices is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices is not working: Dear Sir, as my attached keyboard was not functioning well so i disable it permanently by applying device restriction after that i attached external keyboard and mouse that was initially attached with laptop that's why drivers was already installed of these USB devices. Now...
  5. No usb devices are working

No usb devices are working: Hello! I installed a program for a Bluetooth driver update problem https://fr.drvhub.net/devices/bluetooth-devices/bluetooth/device-rfcomm-protocol-tdi and this program did updates on all devices and my USB devices stopped working. I turned my computer off and then turned it...
  6. USB device is not working

USB device is not working: help! my usb is not recognize in windows but device status says its working properly https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-device-is-not-working/437704ad-0f83-41d6-bc7f-7b95983bc59b
  7. USB device not working.

USB device not working.: Hello. I have had a USB Axiom 61 for a few years. It stopped working about a year ago, and i've never been able to get it back. I haven't seen this issue brought up yet, however, because when i plug it in, nothing happens. The screen on the keyboard turns on, but theres no...
  8. Laptop-USB devices

Laptop-USB devices: I'm running Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. My machine doesn't detect my USB-connected Samsung camera or a SanDisk multicard reader. Both work just fine on my HP desktop running Window 7....
  9. USB devices not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB devices not working: Hi! I have a windows 10 laptop with all the newest updates. Today, I plugged in my USB mouse, and it wouldn't work. The batteries are in, the red light is flashing, and the computer says that the device is plugged in and ready to use! I tried to use another mouse and the...
  10. USB devices not working

USB devices not working: Since my PC was updated to Windows 10 I have been having trouble with USB devices not working. It appears the drivers do not load or do not work. Example is my Saitek rudder pedals. They appear to be fully installed and appear in the device list but they do not work. I go...