Windows 10: USB devices don't work on system start

Discus and support USB devices don't work on system start in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It's kinda strange. Some of my devices (my external HDD and my keyboard) work fine after I completely power down my system and start it up, some don't.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kaiketsu, Sep 7, 2016.

1. Kaiketsu Win User

USB devices don't work on system start

It's kinda strange. Some of my devices (my external HDD and my keyboard) work fine after I completely power down my system and start it up, some don't. My mouse "works" but is screwed "LED doesn't work, touching it causes cursor to fly around with ridiculous speeds". My USB HUB that is built-in my monitor doesn't work at all.

It works when I restart the PC without powering it down (by turning off the PDU). It gets screwed once the MOBO loses power completely. Both the mouse and USB hub in my monitor work perfectly after unplugging and plugging them back in.

Of course I tried the obvious already: moving the devices to another ports, using only some of them and unplugging the rest, updating drivers, disabling selective suspending, disabling the power saving options on USB hub in device manager, playing around with BIOS USB settings. NOTHING works.

Keep in mind that if I unplug the device after win10 starts, and plug it back in, it works perfectly.

It began after I changed my MOBO so I'm sure that MOBO is at fault, but the question is: is it hardware related (and thus I have to live with it, or don't turn down the PDU for the night maybe) or software/driver related and thus fixable.

The devices worked perfectly on previous MOBO so any device malfunction is impossible at this point.

:)

Kaiketsu, Sep 7, 2016
  2. Juan1- Win User

USB 2.0 devices don't work

Its not the cords or the ports...because my USB 3.0 devices work on all the ports..but it doesn't recognize USB 2.0 on any ports..like my iPhone or a normal usb drive..will not work ..I also replaced the battery..because I thought maybe they were not getting
    enough energy..I also turned off the suspension of the ports to save power in power management..it still powers thing just does not recognize usb 2.0 devices

Juan1-, Sep 7, 2016
  3. USB 2.0 devices don't work

Hi,

When the USB port is not recognizing any USB devices, then it could be that you're using a faulty cord. Another factors are due to incompatible USB device, or a corrupted USB 2.0 port. Now, to determine if this is indeed the case, we suggest that you download
    and run the Windows USB Troubleshooter from this article:
    Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems

You may also try using another USB 2.0 cord and check if it's still the same.

Let us know the outcome.

Marque Lor, Sep 7, 2016
Thema:

USB devices don't work on system start

1. USB devices don't work on system start - Similar Threads - USB devices don't

2. USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in: I recently updated my computer and ever since then, any USB device no longer works with my laptop. It isn't the port as I'm still able to charge through USB-C and it isn't the devices as they work on other laptops. I've tried uninstalling USB Serial Bus Controllers, changing...
  3. USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in: I recently updated my computer and ever since then, any USB device no longer works with my laptop. It isn't the port as I'm still able to charge through USB-C and it isn't the devices as they work on other laptops. I've tried uninstalling USB Serial Bus Controllers, changing...
  4. USB-C ports don't work when devices are plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. USB Ports don't work.

USB Ports don't work.: Hello, today my USB ports stopped working and no mouses work on it, I have tried updating the drivers and uninstalling them but it still doesn't work, I have Windows 10 on an Acer Aspire A515-54. Thanks in advance....
  6. USB 3.0 Ports don't work and don't show up in device manager.

USB 3.0 Ports don't work and don't show up in device manager.: Specs: Nvidia GTX 1050 Intel Core 2nd Generation i5-2400 8GB RAM So I've noticed that my USB 3.0 ports don't work about 2 years ago, but I've never really cared since I have a lot of 2.0 ports and I didn't even have any devices that supported 3.0 at that time. But now,...
  7. USB 2.0 devices don't work on USB 3.0 ports

USB 2.0 devices don't work on USB 3.0 ports: Hello I've been facing a problem with my Windows 10 PC. I've USB 3.0 ports but whenever I connect 2.0 devices, they don't work. I've completely updated all he drivers. Please suggest some solution for this. Thanx...
  8. Bootable usb don't work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootable usb don't work: One month ago, I installed ubuntu and deleted windows 10. Now I have problem with making bootable usb. I can't make pendrive with 64x win10, because FAT32 can handle file to only 4GB. So I tried 32x version. When I downloaded Iso, formatted drive and copied files, pendrive...
  9. USB ports don't work

USB ports don't work: Good afternoon. My laptop has stopped recognizing any device that connects to the USB ports. The message that he doesn't recognize it doesn't even come out...
  10. Start don't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start don't work: If I right click the start I will get a menu but if I left click the start nothing happens. How can I fix this? 28393