Windows 10: USB devices (keyboard/mouse) problem, not working in windows

Discus and support USB devices (keyboard/mouse) problem, not working in windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver without success, so i've resetted the PC (windows system reset) and it would seem I still have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tywill05, Apr 5, 2018.

1. tywill05 Win User

USB devices (keyboard/mouse) problem, not working in windows

So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver without success, so i've resetted the PC (windows system reset) and it would seem I still have exactly the same problem... I'm out of solutions here

For info, i'm running Synergy, a program that allows me to use the mouse and keyboard of another computer on the broken PC, so it's "usable". I'm able to do stuff on it. Also, PS2 keyboard is working fine on the computer...

If any of you as any idea of something else, next step would be a complete system reset on both drives and a clean reinstall of Windows, but it would at the same time be huge pain to run backups and then reinstall only what's good, etc... anyway, every bit of help is appreciated! *Smile

tywill05, Apr 5, 2018
  2. tywill05 Win User

Hello

I have a problem with my keyboard (wired) and mouse (wireless) not working in Windows. It shows up in BIOS and works, I dont get the "no keyboard detected" on startup, but as soon as windows unlock screen is up, nothing works.
    I heard it could have been update KB4074588 that would have messed up with USB, but after updating to a further version that would have solved the problem, nothing happened.
    My computer is now on what should be the latest update, but is almost unusable due to the fact that no keyboard works on it
    Yes, drivers are up to date *Wink

:)

tywill05, Apr 6, 2018
  3. Keyboard and Mouse not working after windows 10 upgrade

I have the same problem. I can only use PS/2 mouse/keyboard. My USB keyboard and mouse work in bios but not in Windows. My other USB devices (thumb drives) work fine.

ZdenekDohnalek, Apr 6, 2018
  4. komrysoh Win User

USB input device not work

I'm currently running windows 10 pro x64.

my problem is USB mouse and keyboard not work when windows startup, but both of it work in BIOS, I can use mouse and keyboard in BOIS Setup.

I try to plug other mouse and keyboard, uninstall reinstall usb hub root, universal serial bus and USB input devise in device manager then reboot, but it still not work, but my USB Mouse and Keyboard work fine with other PC.

can anyone help me please, I try search via google several day ago, but not yet get any help.

komrysoh, Apr 6, 2018
  5. Do they work in safe mode? If so, launch into safe mode and uninstall the USB drivers as well as the chipset. Let Windows use the generic drivers on boot up and reinstall them afterwards.

Masterchiefxx17, Apr 6, 2018
  6. TrustMe Win User
    It sounds exactly like what happened to a relative’s computer. It turned out to be the KB4074588 update. If you want to try uninstalling the update, this is how I did it.

First download Kyhi’s recovery boot disk and make a bootable usb flash drive. Run an Ethernet cable from your router to the computer. That will give you internet access. Boot from Kyhi’s Disk. The link below is Microsoft’s official fix. Highlight one of the commands. There is one for 32 bit and a different one for 64 bit. Once the command is highlighted, right click and select copy.

Next bring up an Admin command prompt. Make sure the prompt is at the same drive letter as your hard drive. Your hard drive is not always C when you are using a live version of Windows. Paste the command at the prompt and hit Enter. That should remove the update. Shutdown and remove Kyhi’s disk. Once the update was uninstalled, the keyboard and mouse started working again.

Kyhi’s Recovery Disk

Windows 10 Recovery Tools - Bootable Rescue Disk

Microsoft’s fix

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ry-13-2018-upd.

One bit of warning, after the update was uninstalled, Windows Update was broken. First thing I tried to fix the keyboard problem was System Restore. It could not complete because of Restart. It restarted and could not get past the splash screen. So I don’t know if uninstalling the update while system restore wasn’t complete, or if uninstalling the update itself broke it.

I ended up doing a repair install to fix Windows Update. I’m not sure of the official name but it is when you take Windows installation media (same build number and x64 or x32 bit as your running now) and run Setup.exe from the Desktop. If you have to do a repair install, disable or uninstall your antivirus first.

TrustMe, Apr 6, 2018
  7. tywill05 Win User
    It's the end of my semester and the problem is on my gaming computer. As soon as I get some time, i'll try those, I'll keep you informed if it works or not!
    Thank you!!

tywill05, Apr 9, 2018
Thema:

1. USB devices (keyboard/mouse) problem, not working in windows - Similar Threads - USB devices keyboard

2. Issue with usb devices such as mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with usb devices such as mouse and keyboard: I am not sure when this happened or what was the cause, however I have recently found out that in order to use some usb devices such as my mouse and keyboard, I would have to restart my computer. Upon start up, the devices can be used however after unplugging my mouse and...
  3. Issue with usb devices such as mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with usb devices such as mouse and keyboard: I am not sure when this happened or what was the cause, however I have recently found out that in order to use some usb devices such as my mouse and keyboard, I would have to restart my computer. Upon start up, the devices can be used however after unplugging my mouse and...
  4. Issue with usb devices such as mouse and keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  6. usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    usb ports or mouse and keyboard not working: ladies and gents of the community. Can you please explain to me how to follow solutions on this question/ I ask about a solution for "mouse and keyboard usb ports not working in dual booted windows 7" . The usb ports , the mouse and keyboard are working when boot up in...
  7. Problem with USB mouses not working

Problem with USB mouses not working: Associated keyboards function properly. I have taken all actions suggested to troubleshoot problem to no avail. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-with-usb-mouses-not-working/0b8fc3b8-8574-47b5-a9e0-693844adbd7c
  8. USB Mouse and keyboard not working

USB Mouse and keyboard not working: What happened was that I was updating drivers and on one of the larger ones I was prompted to restart now or restart later, as I had other drivers yet to install I chose to restart later. At that point my USB mouse and keyboard stopped working. Through research online i...
  9. USB Mouse & keyboard Combo Not Working

USB Mouse & keyboard Combo Not Working: hi guys my mouse and keyboard has just dropped out this is build 10130 has been working perfik on all previous releases any idea's was working ok after upgrade 6920
  10. USB mouse&keyboard not working

USB mouse&keyboard not working: Hi; I've a Medion Akoya MD8360 PC with previous windows 10 Home Build 10240 installed and with a working USB medion mouse and keyboard.Reccently I upgraded manually(with media creation tool fromMS) to Windows 10 Home V1511 Build 10586.71 and my USB keyboard and mouse didn't...