Windows 10: Usb devices not accessible

Discus and support Usb devices not accessible in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; It sounds like you may have set permissions wrong try taking ownership of the folders with our tutor Add Take Ownership to Context Menu in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Samuria, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Samuria Win User

Usb devices not accessible

Samuria, Apr 5, 2018
  2. maglite Win User

I do not know which button I punched but my USB's are not accessible. Ex: G:\not accessible access is denied
    All suggestions greatly appreciated.

*cry

:)

maglite, Apr 19, 2018
  3. Xavier_H Win User
    [Windows 10 & USB devices] USB devices not recognized - Uninstalling in device manager and redetecting hardware solves the problem until the usb device are disconnected and reconnected.

Hello,

I have multiple usb devices (card reader, usb keys) that are not recognized anymore by windows 10.

Devices show error Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) in the device manager.

Under the device manager, right clicking on the device and uninstalling it, followed by a "scan for hardware changes" solves the issue until the devices are disconnected and reconnected again.

Devices are working well and have been tested with other computers and are compatible with Windows 10.

This happens 100% of the time but not with my usb mouse and keyboard.

This happens also under Safe Mode.

My BIOS, drivers and windows update are all up-to-date.

This started to happen a few months after the Windows 8.1 to 10 upgrade, so it was working for a few months.

Any idea on how to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot,

Xavier

Xavier_H, Apr 19, 2018
  4. b283s Win User

[Windows 10 & USB devices] USB devices not recognized - Uninstalling in device manager and redetecting hardware solves the problem until the usb device are disconnected and reconnected.

I am glad you asked this question. I thought it was me. When I first received Windows 10 I had no problem with USB 2.0 and 3.0 devices. In the last couple of months I have had problems with USB 2.0 devices. I found when I get the message you describe
    I have to detach wait a minute and then reattach. If I do it to quickly it does not find it. This never happened in WIN 7 and I have many devices.

b283s, Apr 19, 2018
  5. Samuria Win User
    Is it formated ntfs or fat32?

Samuria, Apr 19, 2018
  6. Ben Myers Win User
    Try the USB device on a different computer.

Ben

Ben Myers, Apr 19, 2018
Thema:

1. Usb devices not accessible - Similar Threads - Usb devices accessible

2. Unable to access USB device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to access USB device: Hi, I have Microsoft 11. I have inserted a USB device but I am not seeing the device under "This PC". I am seeing the device listed under "Settings", "Bluetooth & Devices", "other devices" connected to USB 3.0. . What step can I take to access this device?...
  3. Unable to access USB device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to access USB device: Hi, I have Microsoft 11. I have inserted a USB device but I am not seeing the device under "This PC". I am seeing the device listed under "Settings", "Bluetooth & Devices", "other devices" connected to USB 3.0. . What step can I take to access this device?...
  4. Lost access to files on USB connected Android device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost access to files on USB connected Android device: I recently lost access to various USB connected Android devices from Windows. Being an Android developer, this practically means that I will have to join the dark side IOS to keep working efficiently. Some devices now broken and previously working includes OnePlus & Galaxy...
  5. Lost access to files on USB connected Android device

Lost access to files on USB connected Android device: I recently lost access to various USB connected Android devices from Windows. Being an Android developer, this practically means that I will have to join the dark side IOS to keep working efficiently. Some devices now broken and previously working includes OnePlus & Galaxy...
  6. Install a USB Device so a VM can access it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install a USB Device so a VM can access it: HelloI have a USB device that I would like to control from a window 7 VM running on a windows 11 host. The device is not a hard drive I got that to work : it is actually a programmable device and the software that I need to use to program it, only runs on window 7.When I plug...
  7. Install a USB Device so a VM can access it

Install a USB Device so a VM can access it: HelloI have a USB device that I would like to control from a window 7 VM running on a windows 11 host. The device is not a hard drive I got that to work : it is actually a programmable device and the software that I need to use to program it, only runs on window 7.When I plug...
  8. USB device access denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB device access denied: Hi After I cloned my OS to SSD, I am not able to access any USB drives in any of the USB slots. I am getting an error access is denied. When I run chkdsk in CMD admin mode , I get the following error: Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or the disk...
  9. No access to USB storage devices [USB / SD CARDS / EXTERNAL HD]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No access to USB storage devices [USB / SD CARDS / EXTERNAL HD]: Hi all, I have been smashing my head against this problem for several weeks. My current PC does not read / have access to reading any SD CARD / USB from my USB ports, like literally any of them.. I have isolated this to justthis PC and not the USB / SD CARDS as other...
  10. Can not access documents on USB device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can not access documents on USB device: Since installing W10 am unable to open files stored on USB. OS acknowledges drive with 'noise' when plugged in, but what do I click to open the the files?. 10697