Windows 10: USB devices undetected.

Discus and support USB devices undetected. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ok im sure you guys have read this a hundred times, usb devices not being detected, well here is my dilemma. All my usb storage devices which some are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by manteray, Jun 30, 2016.

1. manteray Win User

USB devices undetected.

Ok im sure you guys have read this a hundred times, usb devices not being detected, well here is my dilemma.
    All my usb storage devices which some are old and some new work perfectly fine, my old camera from 2009 with usb connector works perfectly fine, my old 2009 mobile phone with usb connector works perfectly fine, my new DVR dash cam is not detected, it worked fine when using windows 7 ultimate, but after updating to windows 10 its this usb device thats not working, i have tried different cables, i tried in a my misses new PC and it works fine, but not in mine, it just seems very strange that only 1 item fails to work, the item is brand new not even 3 wks old and runs on usb 2.0.

Any ideas at all, there is NO messages NO detection whatsoever, even when you have device manager open you do not see any change, literally nothing. plug in nothing happens, everything else shows info as normal.
    The DVR is also a webcam as well as a storage device, so should be detected.

Any ideas anyone.

:)

manteray, Jun 30, 2016
  2. Billy Med Win User

usb connection of phone

Hi Manly,

Regarding the issue with your phone being undetected by your computer, have you tried using a different USB cord to connect your phone to your PC?

Similarly, try to connect a different phone on your computer using the USB cord that you have so we could limit the possible causes why your device remains undetected on your PC.

Keep us posted on this.

Billy Med, Jun 30, 2016
  3. Jessen P Win User
    USB going undetected

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10.

If your computer is having problems with a recently installed device or other hardware, try using the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to fix the problem. It checks for common issues and makes sure that any new device or hardware attached to your
    computer was installed correctly.

Run the Hardware Troubleshooter
    and see if it helps.

a: Press Windows logo to open the search box.

b: Type troubleshooting, hit enter.

c: Now click Hardware and sound.

d: Now click Hardware and devices and then click Next.

Do get back to us for any issues pertaining in the future. We will be happy to help

Jessen P, Jun 30, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

USB devices undetected.

All I can offer about USB is that some USB 2.0 devices are not forward compatible with USB 3.0 ports but work fine on USB 2.0 ports [I have a few Thumb drives that way and have seen a printer lose communication halfway through a page when plugged into a USB 3.0 port]. The motherboard in your System Specs shows a slew of ports, both USB 3.0 [blue] and USB 2.0 [black] so I'd just start moving things around to see what works where. If you run out of USB 2.0 ports you can get a simple USB 2.0 Hub, I prefer the Self-Powered version as power is always a consideration. A port-powered Hub may not have sufficient power depending upon what is plugged in.

Berton, Jun 30, 2016
Thema:

USB devices undetected.

1. USB devices undetected. - Similar Threads - USB devices undetected

2. Undetectable Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Undetectable Virus: I am very sure I have a virus as my pc is pretty powerful and things aren't loading as fast as they should be recently, it started with my browser being slower than normal, then lag on games that I don't normally get, then it moved to my task bar taking around 1.5 mins to...
  3. Undetectable Virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Undetectable Virus: I am very sure I have a virus as my pc is pretty powerful and things aren't loading as fast as they should be recently, it started with my browser being slower than normal, then lag on games that I don't normally get, then it moved to my task bar taking around 1.5 mins to...
  4. PS4 usb joystic undetected and not found in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PS4 usb joystic undetected and not found in device manager: I have an original ps4 joystick, which i can only connect through the usb cable because my pc doesn't have bluetooth.It works on the ps4 and i used it on the PC i had before getting this one.I can't even make the joystick show up in the device manager, or if it does i don't...
  5. PS4 usb joystic undetected and not found in device manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS4 usb joystic undetected and not found in device manager: I have an original ps4 joystick, which i can only connect through the usb cable because my pc doesn't have bluetooth.It works on the ps4 and i used it on the PC i had before getting this one.I can't even make the joystick show up in the device manager, or if it does i don't...
  6. PS4 usb joystic undetected and not found in device manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Undetected Network Streaming Media Device

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Undetected Network Streaming Media Device: I just upgraded from Windows 7 Home to Windows 10 Home. Now my computer doesn't detect my streaming media device which was working fine under Windows 7. It's the HDHomeRun Duo TV Tuner. When I enter its URL in my browser, the browser displays its information so I know that...
  8. Audio Devices completely undetected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Devices completely undetected: I recently got a new graphics card and installed new drivers for it. Upon doing so suddenly all devices that used an audio jack have gone completely undetected by my pc. Additionally, my monitor’s speakers are also going undetected. The only audio device I can get to work is...
  9. Device Association Service affected by Undetectable Malware

Device Association Service affected by Undetectable Malware: Multiple computers on my home network have been infected by an Android Chinese TV Streaming device owned by someone who refuses to get rid of it. It is causing my Device Association Service to take up 25% CPU on one of my computers until I forcefully terminate it every time...
  10. Undetected/Missing drivers for USB PnP Audio Device.

Undetected/Missing drivers for USB PnP Audio Device.: When plugging in a new headset it comes up as USB PnP Audio Device under "other devices" and it is not detected as an audio device. This headset does however work on other systems. [ATTACH] I have been unable to locate proper drivers on both my mobo maker's site, and...