Windows 10: USB Download Tool won't create bootable USB using 9926 .ISO

Discus and support USB Download Tool won't create bootable USB using 9926 .ISO in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I just wondered if anyone had had any issues creating a bootable USB using the Download Tool with the 9926 .iso? I've tried multiple times now but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Boozad, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Boozad Win User

USB Download Tool won't create bootable USB using 9926 .ISO

I just wondered if anyone had had any issues creating a bootable USB using the Download Tool with the 9926 .iso? I've tried multiple times now but it just gets stuck at 94% and I end up having to close the program down via Task Manager. Someone I know has a spare laptop they'd like to clean install the 10 TP on but I just can't create the bootable USB, I haven't tried any earlier builds as I'd like to go straight for the most up to date one and I can't figure this out for the life of me.

:)

Boozad, Mar 14, 2015
  2. neilpzz Win User

How to Reinstall Windows 10 Upgrade?

You can download the ISO image to your PC and then use other tools to create a bootable USB flash drive.

I had to use Diskpart to create a bootable USB flash drive, then copy the contents of the ISO to the drive. (it needs to be at least 4GB)How to Create a Bootable USB Drive Without Using Any Software

neilpzz, Mar 14, 2015
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Creating a bootable flashdrive

Check your Downloads folder for the Windows 10 ISO . . . The Steps for creating the Bootable Flash Drive are: Download the Media Creation Tool (Click on Download Tool Now), with that you can Select Create Installation Media for Another PC Choose USB rather
    than ISO The Most reliable option however is to chose to download the ISO and use Windows USB/DVD Download Tool to create the bootable Flash Drive - I have found this to be completely reliable . . . Click this link to get that tool: CodePlex Archive

DaveM121, Mar 14, 2015
  4. Edwin New Member

Try copying the files over to the usb manually.

Edwin, Mar 14, 2015
  5. Boozad Win User
    It just crept up to 95% after about fifteen minutes. I'll leave it for a while to see if it completes and then go the manual route, it was just bugging me as to why this build is causing issues when creating a bootable USB.

Boozad, Mar 14, 2015
  6. Boozad Win User
    I gave up waiting, extracted the .iso and moved the files manually and it looks like it's worked.

Boozad, Mar 14, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Brink, Mar 14, 2015
  8. Boozad Win User

I've been meaning to take a look at Rufus, thanks for the reminder Shawn. *Biggrin

Boozad, Mar 14, 2015
  9. Kari Win User
    Tested this now, on Windows 10 Build 9926 running the Windows 7 Download Tool and creating a bootable USB from 9926 ISO, timing it as well:

USB Download Tool won't create bootable USB using 9926 .ISO [​IMG]

Worked just fine, USB created in a bit under 5 minutes:

10. Boozad Win User
    It's a strange one Kari, I've tried different USB sticks (all Kingston Data Traveler 3.0) in different USB ports and once it hits 94% it just gives up. The USB stick is no longer visible in Explorer and the Safely Remove Hardware doesn't work until I end the program via Task Manager.

Boozad, Mar 14, 2015
  11. Dude Win User
    I have used both. I found Rufus worked very well and faster.

12. Kari Win User
    Might be that the ISO image is damaged?

13. Boozad Win User

Possibly. I've created a VM with it with no problems but I suppose that proves nothing. I'll download it again and give it another try, I'll have to pick up a USB 2.0 stick as well to try a different brand of USB stick.

Boozad, Mar 14, 2015
  14. Edwin New Member
    Perhaps the MS USB Tool is being picky by not recognizing the file as certified. See if the iso needs to be 'Unblocked'.

Edwin, Mar 14, 2015
  15. Boozad Win User
    I've unblocked it and am trying again but it's still stuck at 94%. I'll download the ISO again and give it another try.

Boozad, Mar 14, 2015
Thema:

1. USB Download Tool won't create bootable USB using 9926 .ISO - Similar Threads - USB Download Tool

2. When using the microsoft creating tool media to create a bootable usb with windows 11 to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using the microsoft creating tool media to create a bootable usb with windows 11 to...: and also is it save boot ? because in my windows 10 now it's asking me for tmp 2.0 and secured boot but i don't want to upgrade from windows 10 to 11 but to make a new clean installation. so now it's making my usb to be bootable with windows 11 i just wonder if i need to...
  3. Create Bootable USB drive from DVD using Microsoft tools

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Create Bootable USB drive from DVD using Microsoft tools: Hi everyone,I'd have to create a bootable USB from a DVD with microsoft server 2016 or 2019. I know that there are a variety of freeware that do exactly that, but for security reasons I'm only allowed to use products from trusted vendors eg. Microsoft, McAfee, .... Are you...
  4. Create Bootable USB drive from DVD using Microsoft tools

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create Bootable USB drive from DVD using Microsoft tools: Hi everyone,I'd have to create a bootable USB from a DVD with microsoft server 2016 or 2019. I know that there are a variety of freeware that do exactly that, but for security reasons I'm only allowed to use products from trusted vendors eg. Microsoft, McAfee, .... Are you...
  5. Create Bootable USB drive from DVD using Microsoft tools

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Creating a Bootable USB Using The Media Creation Tool Triggers a BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creating a Bootable USB Using The Media Creation Tool Triggers a BSOD: Whenever I try to create a bootable USB using the media creation tool, I get an ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READ_ONLY_MEMORY BSOD. Here are the minidumps: https://www.mediafire.com/file/j64hqzsi32zuzk8/minidump.7z/file....
  7. Creating a bootable usb from ISO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Creating a bootable usb from ISO: If I create a bootable usb from the ISO file, does that ISO file remain the same in the sense that I can use it to to an In-Place Repair or reinstall Windows?...
  8. Create bootable USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Create bootable USB: Hi community, I'm creating a bootable usb by rufus. It give me 3 options: 1, Create with legacy BIOS or UEFI 2, Create with only UEFI 3, Create with only legacy BIOS Can someone explain to me these 3 options, and your recommendation option ? Thank you, have a good day !...
  9. Is there any way to create a bootable usb flash drive without using the download tool?

Is there any way to create a bootable usb flash drive without using the download tool?: i need to rescue my un-bootable Win10 x64 1909 Dell Inspiron, and the only other computer I have is a locked-down work laptop. Thanx for any help in advance. D...
  10. best Rufus-type tool for creating bootable USB with multiple ISOs

best Rufus-type tool for creating bootable USB with multiple ISOs: I'm a happy camper using Rufus to create a bootable USB from just one ISO. Now I have a 32 GB USB 3 thumb drive and I want to install various 3, 4, maybe more rescue disks plus Win 64 1803 on this one thumb drive. What's the best, or what are the best choices? Why? There are...