Windows 10: usb drive not showing on computer

Discus and support usb drive not showing on computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Seagate 1 terabyte external hdd and windows 10 cant see it.. even when I go to C: drive and display all drives its not showing. its installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by coldy, Feb 20, 2016.

1. coldy Win User

usb drive not showing on computer

I have a Seagate 1 terabyte external hdd and windows 10 cant see it.. even when I go to C: drive
    and display all drives its not showing. its installed drivers but still cant find it....

major help on this would be good.

does anyone else have this problem at any stage ?

:)

coldy, Feb 20, 2016

2. USB Device not showing on my computer

Hi Irfaan,

Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. We'll certainly assist to resolve it.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Have you made any significant changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried connecting to a different USB slot and check for the issue?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates?
    We suggest you to make sure the lock screen is disabled or unlocked on your mobile phone. Further if you face the issue try running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter to check if it helps.

Run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check the issue.

Refer these steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, select
    Control panel.

2. Change the view by
    option on the top right to Large icons.

3. Click on troubleshooting and click on the
    view all option on the left panel.

4. Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

5. Restart your computer and check if the issue is resolved.

Hope this helps, let us know the status of the issue for further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Feb 20, 2016
  3. USB Device not showing on my computer

Dear Sir/ Madam

When i plug in my Blackberry 9790 Device via USB Cable, the Device will either ask the following:

1. USB DRIVE

2. SYNC DEVICE

3. CHARGE PHONE

I do select "USB DRIVE" so i can access my files on my External {SD Card} and Internal Files {Phone Memory}.

I go to MY COMPUTER to view either External or Internal Drives, The SD CARD shows on My Computer where i can Open and View my files. but for the phone storage i cannot open and view my files, as It shows this Error: "Please Insert Disk Into (Iusb drive not showing on computer :). but this
    should never do this before.

I would like to have some assistance in solving this problem

thank you

IrfaanRahim, Feb 20, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

Hi, forgive the obvious questions:
    1. does any other device work on your USB ports?
    2. is the drive receiving power when connected - e.g. an LED on or sound?
    3. can you swap the USB lead, and if so, have you tried it?
    4. does the drive work on any other PC?

(I use external drives - no problem).

dalchina, Feb 20, 2016
  5. Clint Win User
    Go in services and change Computer Browser and UPnP Device Host to Automatic and reboot the PC

Clint, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. usb drive not showing on computer - Similar Threads - usb drive showing

2. USB Drive not showing files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Drive not showing files: I bought a USB Drive and I moved some files into it. When I try checking the files, the flash is always empty but it still records that some memory is in use. I've formatted several times and I still can keep a file in it....
  3. USB drive not showing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB drive not showing: So my issue is, that I have a USB drive that I am trying to access with my BIOS, it was showing up yesterday but today I've had no luck for some reason. I used rufus to reformat it into FAT32 and FreeDos. I really didn't know where to take this issue until I look at the...
  4. Bootable USB Drive Not Showing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bootable USB Drive Not Showing: Hi, please help, I still can't boot my laptop properly.This problem is the continuation from this...
  5. USB hard drive doesn't show up on computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB hard drive doesn't show up on computer: So I have Windows 10 (very new to it), and I need to use some files from my hard drive. When I plug it in, it makes a 'ding' noise, which is good, but then I can't open it. I can only see it in 'Devices and Printers' but it won't open, and it doesn't show up in the Disk...
  6. A usb drive is not showing

A usb drive is not showing: A USB drive is not showing, though all other USB devices are showing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-usb-drive-is-not-showing/3475f09b-9499-4e04-ae88-89558b7b4769
  7. USB drive not showing in devices and drives

USB drive not showing in devices and drives: Hi all, I have two computers which do the same thing which is odd in itself. When I insert a USB drive the drive flashes up momentarily in devices and drives then disappears. It shows in device manager and also in disk management but not when I open This PC. It also does not...
  8. usb drive not showing up

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    usb drive not showing up: I baught a well stared and reviewed cheap usb with 32gb from amazon, and it worked well for a while, eventually it just kept disconnecting and today when I looked i connected it again, it made the connection sounds, but it disappeared from the main list in file explorer, i...
  9. USB drive shows up on computer but I can't access the drive

USB drive shows up on computer but I can't access the drive: Hello My USB shows up on my computer but doesn't seem to have any files on it. When I try to add files, it comes up with the error message that the drive is not available. I have tried the solution with the partition and Disk Management but the USB shows up as healthy and...
  10. USB Flash Drive not showing up in my computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB Flash Drive not showing up in my computer.: HI. So yesterday I was working from a USB flash drive when it suddenly stopped working. In trying to see what the problem was I tried many different methods that included going through the device manager (Which knows there's a USB plugged in and says works fine but still...