Windows 10: USB drive

Discus and support USB drive in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to launch Windows 10 with my USB drive inserted. Win10 is on hard drive. USB (32 gig)drive is files I need and backup My computer won't boot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Windowsfree, Feb 11, 2016.

1. USB drive

I want to launch Windows 10 with my USB drive inserted.
    Win10 is on hard drive. USB (32 gig)drive is files I need and backup

My computer won't boot with the USB inserted.
    Is there a way around this?

Thanks

:)

Windowsfree, Feb 11, 2016

2. USB drive

After installing Windows 10, my USB drive is not longer recognized.

DonnaWest100, Feb 11, 2016
  3. Mark Isi Win User
    USB Drive

Hello,

Just to verify, can you send us a screenshot of the error message so we could have a closer look? Also, when did this issue started happening? Lastly, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far? Please advise.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Feb 11, 2016
  4. Snakeyes Win User

USB drive

check the boot options in your Bios. Make sure that your system is set to only boot from your internal hard drive.

Snakeyes, Feb 11, 2016
  5. Thanks, I will try that.

Windowsfree, Feb 11, 2016
  6. Thank you, that worked !

Windowsfree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB drive

1. USB drive - Similar Threads - USB drive

2. WIndows 10 will not read my USB flash drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WIndows 10 will not read my USB flash drive: Plugged in my Cruzer USB drive to look up an old document. Control Panel shows device but cannot open it up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-will-not-read-my-usb-flash-drive/9fcdd95e-8b52-4f15-8efe-d51afedcab42
  3. How to format "win32/installmonster" infected USB drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to format "win32/installmonster" infected USB drive: Hi, after i gave my usb drive to one of my friends and took it back, i realize that my drive is write protected. I try 90% of the solutions on the web and i couldn't fix it. Now i found out that's a high alert rate virus called "Win32/InstallMonster" that the defender can't...
  4. Why do USB bootable drive not working under Win 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why do USB bootable drive not working under Win 10?: My USB bootable drive (NTFS format) work under window 7, but it does not recognized under window 10. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions...
  5. Win 10 not downloading onto USB Drive

Win 10 not downloading onto USB Drive: I have tried downloading Win 10 onto a USB Drive on 2 different computers. The 2nd time I tried, I put the Media Creation Tool on the USB Drive but the Win 10 download does not appear. It took 6 hours each time :-( The error codes were: 0x80190193-0x90019 HP Laptop Win...
  6. What files can be safely moved from C: drive to an externel (network or USB) drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What files can be safely moved from C: drive to an externel (network or USB) drive?: I recently acquired a Windows 10 laptop with only 32G of SSD memory, so I am trying to free up as much space as possible. I can't get any definitive search results for what files I can safely move to an external drive. I have already gained 3G of space by various methods...
  7. Can't update Windows from USB drive

Can't update Windows from USB drive: I have an old Microsoft Surface 3 that has been sitting around on a shelf for many months and decided to dust it off to update it to current Windows & app versions, but was unable to connect to the internet (I started a thread in the Networking section) so thought I'd update...
  8. How to format USB Pen Drive using Command Prompt in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to format USB Pen Drive using Command Prompt in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]For an end-user, formatting the USB drive is easy. All you need to do is right-click on the drive, and select Format. However, if you want to format a USB pen drive using the Command Prompt, here is how you [...] This post How to format USB Pen Drive using...
  9. Encrypt USB drive to use in Windows 10 Home

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Encrypt USB drive to use in Windows 10 Home: I have two pcs' that I use frequently, 1st is my main desktop with Windows 10 Home and local account and the 2nd is my laptop which I use less frequent with Windows 10 Pro with local account too, non of my pcs' have a Microsoft Account to sign in. My question is if I encrypt...
  10. Bitlocker USB Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bitlocker USB Drive: Hi, I recently Bitlocked my USB flash drive for security purposes. But now when I attempt to open my USB, it simply says "Location not available" "D:\ is not accessible" "Access is denied." Please help....