Windows 10: usb drives

Discus and support usb drives in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I have a usb hd but when i set the drive on then two screens cam up. The hd have to partions. How can i make that the screen not emerge and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by glda19, Sep 27, 2015.

1. glda19 Win User

usb drives

Hi

I have a usb hd but when i set the drive on then two screens cam up.
    The hd have to partions.
    How can i make that the screen not emerge and external hd partions Always have the same drive letter.
    But wen i connect the smartphone ore tablet and the usb hd is not on then the smartphone ore the tablet get a letter that is for one partions on the external hd

:)

glda19, Sep 27, 2015

2. usb drives

Windows isn't seeing my USB drives i cant format or copy a media to any of the ports for the usbs

* Moved from Insider

* Possibly related USB
    drive

Denise Catino, Sep 27, 2015
  3. usb drives

Please always give the make and model of your device and the Insider build you are using. Help us help you.

Cbarnhorst, Sep 27, 2015
  4. Kanata Win User

usb drives

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but if you need to make sure your USB drive has the same drive letter every time you plug it in, then in Disk Manager assign a letter to the USB drive (or to each of its partitions)that is high in the list, such as X: and Y: and you should get that same drive letter each time. Other devices will use lower letters and should not affect your drive.

Kanata, Sep 27, 2015
  5. glda19 Win User
    My external harddisk have two partions
    when i set the power on of the external harddisk two new explorers can on where i see the directory stucture of the hd
    I do't want to see the two windows open.

and system Management-> computermanagement-> disk that is not working.

When i put my smartpone ore tablet in the front usb and the external hd is not powerd on the smartphone ore tablet get the drive letter of one of the partions of the external drive

glda19, Sep 27, 2015
  6. dalchina New Member
    Hello, a bit hard to understand, I'm afraid. I think you are referring to 'Autoplay' where the autoplay settings are to open explorer when an external device is plugged in.
    "when i set the power on of the external harddisk two new explorers can on where i see the directory stucture of the hd
    I do't want to see the two windows open."

= 'when I plug in a USB HDD with two partitions, two explorer windows open displaying the partitions. I don't want the explorer windows to open'

To change these settings, Go to Settings, Devices, Autoplay, and set the default as you want it.

dalchina, Sep 28, 2015
  7. dalchina New Member
    Now I think you're also saying you want a given USB disk or device to always be allocated the same drive letter. I'm not sure if that's what you mean, I'm afraid.

This should work. I find it very useful so that my backup drive is always assigned the same drive letter.
    http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadF...-in-windows-8/

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

usb drives

1. usb drives - Similar Threads - usb drives

2. USB Storage devices can not have Drive Letter assigned - Disk Management Console View Is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Storage devices can not have Drive Letter assigned - Disk Management Console View Is...: Recently I realised I can no longer use USB storage devices on my Windows 11 pc.On investigating, I realised that the USB storage devices are appearing in "Disk Management", but they don't have a drive letter assigned.When I try to assign one using "Change Drive Letter and...
  3. USB Storage devices can not have Drive Letter assigned - Disk Management Console View Is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Storage devices can not have Drive Letter assigned - Disk Management Console View Is...: Recently I realised I can no longer use USB storage devices on my Windows 11 pc.On investigating, I realised that the USB storage devices are appearing in "Disk Management", but they don't have a drive letter assigned.When I try to assign one using "Change Drive Letter and...
  4. USB drives not showing in "Change where new content is saved"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drives not showing in "Change where new content is saved": My two USB drives, visible in Explorer, do not appear as options when I navigate Settings > Storage > "Change where new content is saved."These drives also don't show in "View storage usage on other drives," but they are shown when I try to add drives from "View backup...
  5. USB drives not showing in "Change where new content is saved"

USB drives not showing in "Change where new content is saved": My two USB drives, visible in Explorer, do not appear as options when I navigate Settings > Storage > "Change where new content is saved."These drives also don't show in "View storage usage on other drives," but they are shown when I try to add drives from "View backup...
  6. USB drives not showing in "Change where new content is saved"

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. How to use a bootable USB drive to reinstall Windows 7

How to use a bootable USB drive to reinstall Windows 7: I have a Dell Inspiron N5010. I bought it refurbished with a Windows 10. I wasn't enjoying it because it was lagging. I replaced the windows 10 with a window 7.Last month, I decided to wipe the hard drive and start afresh. I created a bootable USB drive with Rufus using...
  8. How to use a bootable USB drive to reinstall Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use a bootable USB drive to reinstall Windows 7: I have a Dell Inspiron N5010. I bought it refurbished with a Windows 10. I wasn't enjoying it because it was lagging. I replaced the windows 10 with a window 7.Last month, I decided to wipe the hard drive and start afresh. I created a bootable USB drive with Rufus using...
  9. C Drive not showing when I run Ubuntu from a bootable usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C Drive not showing when I run Ubuntu from a bootable usb: I am trying to recover unuploaded OneDrive documents from a Dell Optiplex 7780 running Windows 11 that I got locked out of. I assume there should be a folder on the C drive where the un-uploaded documents would be stored. My plan was to use an Ubuntu bootable USB to access...
  10. C Drive not showing when I run Ubuntu from a bootable usb

C Drive not showing when I run Ubuntu from a bootable usb: I am trying to recover unuploaded OneDrive documents from a Dell Optiplex 7780 running Windows 11 that I got locked out of. I assume there should be a folder on the C drive where the un-uploaded documents would be stored. My plan was to use an Ubuntu bootable USB to access...