Windows 10: USB flash detect

Discus and support USB flash detect in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I try to sort out if an USB memory was mounted on my computer, this is saved logs since 2016. So could this three event be USB memory activity? (the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anders2201, Jun 1, 2018.

1. USB flash detect

I try to sort out if an USB memory was mounted on my computer, this is saved logs since 2016.
    So could this three event be USB memory activity? (the last log is a photo of the event)

Eventxmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    L: - <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-General"Guid="{A68CA8B7-004F-D7B6-A698-07E2DE0F1F5D}" />

<EventID>16</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-10-27T05:03:05.198973100Z" />

<EventRecordID>3913</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="7560" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>AndersH2015</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />

</System>

L: - <EventData>
    <Data Name="HiveNameLength">46</Data>

<DataName="HiveName">\Device\HarddiskVolume2\EFI\Microsoft\Boot\BCD</Data>

<Data Name="KeysUpdated">103</Data>

<Data Name="DirtyPages">11</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

Eventxmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    L: - <System>
    <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-General"Guid="{A68CA8B7-004F-D7B6-A698-07E2DE0F1F5D}" />

<EventID>15</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>4</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x8000000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2016-10-27T10:44:03.532324000Z" />

<EventRecordID>3929</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4308" ThreadID="10120" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>AndersH2015</Computer>

<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-4201251730-2606191966-776299460-1005" />

</System>

L: - <EventData>
    <Data Name="HiveNameLength">41</Data>

<Data Name="HiveName">\??\C:\Windows\System32\config\components</Data>

<Data Name="OriginalSize">71229440</Data>

<Data Name="NewSize">51052544</Data>

</EventData>

</Event>

USB flash detect [​IMG]

:)

Anders2201, Jun 1, 2018

2. USB Drive no longer recognized by Windows 10 since last update

Hi Cathie,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that you are unable to backup Quicken files on the USB flash drive after the latest update.

Do let us know the following to understand the issue and assist you better:

• Which was the latest update had been installed on your device?
    • Is the flash drive detected on your operating system?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have performed while trying to resolve this issue?
    • Is the flash drive being detected on any other device?

As a workaround, I suggest you to connect the flash drive to different USB ports and check if it is detected.

Step 1: I suggest you to Run Hardware troubleshooter as it will help in resolving the issues with hardware and resolve any simple issues found.

• Press Windows
      key from the keyboard, type Troubleshooting and select it.

• Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.

• Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.

• Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to install all the pending updates after upgrade to Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.

• Press Windows
      key and type updates.

• Click on Check for updates.

• Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.

• Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 12, 2018
  3. Windows phone is not detecting

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to connect the phone to another computer and check if it gets detected. Also, check if the phone gets detected by connecting with a different USB cable.

I suggest you to run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter by following the steps below:

• Click on the Start button, and type “Troubleshooting” on the search bar.
    • Click on “hardware and devices”.
    • A pop-up will appear, click on the “Next” button and follow the on-screen prompts for troubleshooting.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 12, 2018
Thema:

USB flash detect

1. USB flash detect - Similar Threads - USB flash detect

2. USB flash drive not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB flash drive not detected: A USB flash drive is no longer detected on one of my Windows 10 systems even though it worked for many years without issue. However it does work on another system also with Windows 10 on it. I have tried all of the possible solutions mentioned here, but neither solved the...
  3. USB flash drive not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB flash drive not detected: A USB flash drive is no longer detected on one of my Windows 10 systems even though it worked for many years without issue. However it does work on another system also with Windows 10 on it. I have tried all of the possible solutions mentioned here, but neither solved the...
  4. USB flash drive not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Flash drive/usb not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Flash drive/usb not detected: Hello guys i have a 16gb flash drive. The problem is it's hardly detected everytime i plugged it in pc. Sometimes after i plugged it in, the drive letter was shown up in my computer but when i clicked it the inside is empty and it become not responding until i plugged it out....
  6. Flash drive/usb not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Flash drive/usb not detected: Hello guys i have a 16gb flash drive. The problem is it's hardly detected everytime i plugged it in pc. Sometimes after i plugged it in, the drive letter was shown up in my computer but when i clicked it the inside is empty and it become not responding until i plugged it out....
  7. Cannot detect USB 3.0 flash drive

Cannot detect USB 3.0 flash drive: I tried to assign drive letter and name for the removeable flash drive, but “disc management” process not able to proceed with formating the USB flash drive. Error prompt “ specified file not identified” which also lead conversion failure of RAW TO NTFS or FAT. Naturally...
  8. Usb 3.0 Flash Drive isn't being detected.

Usb 3.0 Flash Drive isn't being detected.: The drive i use to install windows with will not be detected in any of my usb ports or on my wifes pc or my sons pc. Bios don't even see it. Any program i can use to at least get the files off it and then pitch it in the garbage. I ordered a new one a sandisk solid state...
  9. USB 3.0 Flash Drive not detected in USB 3.0 port

USB 3.0 Flash Drive not detected in USB 3.0 port: my USB 3.0 flash drive is detected when plugged into the 2.0 USB port, but not when its plugged into the 3.0 USB port. But my 2.0 USB devices are detected when plugged into the 3.0 USB port. Is there any way to make it so 3.0 USB detects 3.0 USB? 130330
  10. USB for jumpstart compact flash not detected

USB for jumpstart compact flash not detected: USB driver for jumpstart for compact flash not detected- I went through the device manager and uninstalled all the drives and then did an update and driver still not detected...