Windows 10: USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10?

Discus and support USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi mrgeek and EdTittel, I live in Central Pennsylvania (Williamsport area) and for the record I just ran a 'chkdsk' on my Flash Drive and it says it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 2harts4ever, Oct 3, 2016.

1. USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10?

Hi mrgeek and EdTittel,

I live in Central Pennsylvania (Williamsport area) and for the record I just ran a 'chkdsk' on my Flash Drive and it says it was scanned and no problems were found. It also said it was FAT32.

2harts4ever, Oct 17, 2016
  2. EdTittel Win User

MrGeek is right about the TeamViewer/Remote Assist session idea. Do you have more than one computer? If we need to dig deep into rebuilding an OS on one machine, we'll need a second one to keep talking and working with you while that process is underway. I can help out with this some weekend, but not this coming weekend, because I've promised to take my family to the Texas State Fair in Dallas for its final weekend.
    ---Ed---

EdTittel, Oct 17, 2016
  3. NavyLCDR New Member
    Or Skype over cell phone(s).

NavyLCDR, Oct 17, 2016
  4. USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10?

Howdy,

I hope you are all sitting down right now because I just did a SUCCESSFUL clean install booting from my USB Flash Drive!!!! *Party

Everything went just like everyone said it would in this post. I have to admit I had 'sweaty armpits' until I finally saw the Win 10 installation was complete and that the Cumulative Update finally became part of my system ....lol

I am in the process of bringing back most of my data that I had put on my external drive. I am bone tired so I will call it a night. Just wanted to let you all know that all your time really did the trick.

YOU CAN MARK THIS ONE SOLVED!

Thanks and regards,

2harts4ever, Oct 20, 2016
  5. mrgeek Win User
    Congratulations !! Did you end up deleting all the partitions first ? That's the scary part for beginners. You have to mark this solved, as the orig poster. Hope you've learned a lot in case something happens in the future (cross fingers here) but you've shown a lot more skills than most new Win10 users. Cheers.

mrgeek, Oct 20, 2016
  6. Yes ..., and I bet I lost five pounds sweating while I was deleting them all ....lol

I want to thank you again for all your help and sticking with me throughout this whole process.

I will be posting a new thread about how to go from a 'WiFi' connection to a Ethernet one. My connection used to be Ethernet but somehow while doing this setup I selected the 'wifi' option and I can't really figure out how to return to Ethernet.

Thanks and regards,

7. mrgeek Win User
    "somehow while doing this setup I selected the 'wifi' option and I can't really figure out how to return to Ethernet."

Easy One, just do a clean install. .... JUST KIDDING ! *Biggrin The adapter is probably not enabled. Hit WinKey + X/Control Panel/Network and Sharing/Change adapter settings (L column). You'll get screen below. Select the ethernet adapter and R=-click "enable". You can either or both LAN or wireless adapters, if desired. If both are enabled, the LAN connection takes priority because it's faster. See screenshot -

USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10? [​IMG]

mrgeek, Oct 20, 2016
  8. USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10?

mrgeek,

Very funny ....lol Hopefully I will never have to do that again.

I posted my connection post under 'Networks' and someone already told me how to enable the Ethernet.

However, I appreciate you taking the time to answer too.

Thanks and regards,

9. UPDATE:

Today I received my first Cumulative update (KB3197954) from Microsoft since I did a Clean Install of Windows 10 about a week ago. *Smile

So, now, I really believe all your 'cumulative' (no pun intended ...lol) efforts were not in vain. *Party

After successfully getting the new Cumulative Update I once again know I have a fully functioning Windows Update Program. *cake

Thanks again to all of you,
    Regards,

2harts4ever, Oct 26, 2016
  10. mrgeek Win User
    Congratulations and glad you know what to do should anything happen in the future too. Knowledge is Power.

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10?

1. USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10? - Similar Threads - USB Flash Drive

2. Installing windows 10 with USB flash drive not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Installing windows 10 with USB flash drive not working: Just finished building my PC, I have a MSI B450 Tomahawk II Mobo. I went to install windows 10 from a flash drive, set the flash drive as boot priority, all PC parts working fine and BIOS page is fine. I boot up the PC again to install windows 10 and then THESE screens...
  3. BSOD Trying to Create Windows 10 Installation Flash Drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Trying to Create Windows 10 Installation Flash Drive: Greetings, I am attempting to create a USB installation drive so I can reinstall a friend's machine. Yes...I know I can reset his machine. Please bear with me. Every time I run the media creation tool, the data downloads, and then my machine freezes and I get a Blue...
  4. trying to install windows 10 on usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    trying to install windows 10 on usb flash drive: so im trying to install win10 using media creation tool , but when i get to about 30% in the verifying stage, it says i dont have enough space. it cant be the usb because ive used multiple with storage all 8gb or higher. any help would be apricated, thanks! submitted by...
  5. Installing Windows 10 Using a USB Flash Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Installing Windows 10 Using a USB Flash Drive: Upon booting the computer from my usb flash drive which has the windows 10 20H2 ISO using Rufus, I am met with a screen which has a white line on the top left corner of my screen. After blinking for a few seconds, the Windows Logo shows for a split second and then the system...
  6. Unable to create USB Flash Recovery drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to create USB Flash Recovery drive: I bought a licence from the Microsoft store so my Windows 10 is legit. When I try to create a USB flash drive Recovery, I get the error that some files are missing so the Recovery could not be created. Help please....
  7. Creating bootable USB 3.0 Flash Drive...

Creating bootable USB 3.0 Flash Drive...: I have followed instructions to create my own Windows 10 To Go flash drive. I have two suitable USB 3.0 flash drives: Corsair Voyager GTX and Super Talent RC4, both 128 GB versions. The Corsair Voyager GTX is not a certified Windows To Go drive, whereas the Super Talent...
  8. Making a Windows 10 USB Install flash drive

Making a Windows 10 USB Install flash drive: Is it legal to make a Windows 10 USB install flash drive for a friend in another state? Thanks, 16378
  9. Create Password Reset Disk on USB Flash Drive in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Password Reset Disk on USB Flash Drive in Windows 10: How to: Create Password Reset Disk on USB Flash Drive in Windows 10 How to Create a Password Reset Disk on USB Flash Drive in Windows 10 If you forget your Windows password, you can use a password reset disk to create a new one. It is recommend that you create a...
  10. Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10: How to: Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 How to Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10 from This tutorial will show you how to create a bootable USB flash drive that can be used to install Windows 10 with or without UEFI....