Windows 10: USB flash not being recognized

Discus and support USB flash not being recognized in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Even rebooting won't make my Windows 10 Home program recognize a USB flash drive plugged into any port of the computer. I've tried three different... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by larrydonline, Nov 17, 2017.

1. USB flash not being recognized

Even rebooting won't make my Windows 10 Home program recognize a USB flash drive plugged into any port of the computer. I've tried three different flash drives, including two that are new and one that plays in the car. I don't get that musical note that tells me the computer recognizes something that has just been plugged in.

I'd appreciate any suggestions as to what's going on and how to solve it. Thanks, Larry

:)

larrydonline, Nov 17, 2017

2. upgraded to windows 10 usb not recognized text

sorry for my English I try to explain this my problem usb not recognized keeps flashing to monitor but the text usb not recognized keep flashing in to screen have a sound now the text has gone but the sound of text is still flashing without text only
    the sound is the problem I hope u give me a write solution.

lobertfanstria, Nov 17, 2017
  3. Windows 10 will not recognize my USB flash drives

Original Title: USB issues

Windows 10 will not recognize my USB flash drives???????

retired923, Nov 17, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

USB flash not being recognized

Just a thought- are your USB drives that aren't 'seen' USB 2 only?
    I.e. if you plug them into a USB 3 port they are not seen, but are if you use a USB 2 port.

However you say some are new, so it sounds more like an autoplay related problem.

When viewed in Disk Management, is there a drive letter? If not, explorer won't see them.

dalchina, Nov 17, 2017
  5. Thanks for your reply. Yes, the USB drives are 2.0 since 3.0 won't work in my car. And I have tried them in the computer's 2.0 ports as well as the 3.0 ports. They were filled with songs using this same computer so they were recognized as external USB drives recently. The new ones (SanDisk 16 GB) of course, are still empty.
    No, they don't show up in Disk Management.
    I had trouble a few days ago getting the system to recognize a DVD player and also an external hard drive. A cold reboot solved both of those problems. I don't think a simple reboot forces a rescan of all drives. That hasn't fixed the problem of not recognizing USB flash drives, however.

larrydonline, Nov 17, 2017
  6. dalchina New Member
    Check Device Manager.

Try uninstalling your USB root hubs and any USB mass storage device, remove any usb storage devices, and reboot.

dalchina, Nov 17, 2017
  7. I finally got around to going through the shut down and reboot without attachments. That little trick fixed my problem and I thank you for sharing your knowledge.

There's usually a way to fix every problem. It's finding solutions that consume us.

larrydonline, Nov 21, 2017
  8. dalchina New Member

Good thing it was an easy one! Windows is NOT a consumer product - your neighbourhood geek will never be out of a job.

Recommendation we always make- if not yet doing so, start using disk imaging routinely to secure your PC, your data and possibly your sanity. E.g. Macrium Reflect (free).

dalchina, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. USB flash not being recognized - Similar Threads - USB flash being

2. USB PnP not being recognized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB PnP not being recognized: Hi, a few days ago I bought a usb PnP usb to aux device because the aux ports in my pc didn't work, but now my windows wont recognize it even though it did work, and when it does recognize it if I move too hard it disconnects....
  3. USB PnP not being recognized

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB PnP not being recognized: Hi, a few days ago I bought a usb PnP usb to aux device because the aux ports in my pc didn't work, but now my windows wont recognize it even though it did work, and when it does recognize it if I move too hard it disconnects....
  4. USB PnP not being recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB Mic is Not Being Recognized Anywhere

USB Mic is Not Being Recognized Anywhere: I have a USB Blue Snowball iCE microphone. The issue I am having with it is that it is not being recognized anywhere. Not on another device, not on any program, not even in device manager. I really do not want to believe that it is a problem with the cord itself since it is...
  6. USB Microphone is not being recognized

USB Microphone is not being recognized: I have a usb microphone, and when I plug it in, my computer make the noise that windows makes when a new device is plugged in. But when I go to select it as my audio device, it does not show up in the input options. Furthermore, It also does not show up on device manager when...
  7. USB Headset not being recognized

USB Headset not being recognized: I recently bought an Arcus 150T gaming headset. When i plugged it into my laptop i heard a noise as if someone was repeatedly tapping on the outside of the headset. The headset itself is not being recognised and isnt outputting any forms of audio but the rgb on the headset is...
  8. USB Not being recognized on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Not being recognized on windows 10: So my USB is not being recognized when I plug it in. I hear the noise that recognizes it's in, but on file explorer it doesn't appear like usual. I tried removing and readding, checking drivers updates, used scannow, and chkdsk, but no results. When plugged in, I can't see it...
  9. Flash USB Flash Drive Not Recognized

Flash USB Flash Drive Not Recognized: I have a 16GB USB Flash Drive I was using for saving "File History" documents, favorites, etc.. It appeared to be working, but later I got a message about running out of space on the drive. I formatted the drive and that appeared to be successful, then tried to use it...
  10. USB microphone stopped being recognized

USB microphone stopped being recognized: Hello, I have been using my MXL Tempo microphone for around a year now and everything has been perfect with it until now. Around 3 weeks ago my mic stopped being recognized when I bought a boom arm for it and unplugged it and replugged it for setting all the cables and...