Windows 10: USB hard drive connects, but does not show up in Explorer

Discus and support USB hard drive connects, but does not show up in Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My external 1gb USB hard drive works on several windows 7/8/10 laptops. It used to work with this particular Windows 10 laptop, but has stopped. Other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by waferthin, Nov 25, 2016.

1. waferthin Win User

USB hard drive connects, but does not show up in Explorer

My external 1gb USB hard drive works on several windows 7/8/10 laptops. It used to work with this particular Windows 10 laptop, but has stopped. Other external USB hard drives still work on this laptop. When plugged in, it shows up as ADplus SuperVer USB Device. It is a 1 Gb drive. On the laptops where it works, it shows up as 931.51 Mb NTFS Primary drive.

On this laptop, it shows up as a 1386.25 Mb drive - with 3 partitions - 867.16 Unallocated, 259.48 Primary, 259.61 Primary.

I can read/write to the drive on other laptops without any problem.

:)

waferthin, Nov 25, 2016

2. windows 10 does not recognise extrernally connected hard drive

Thank you Vardhaman S,

I tried the troubleshooter. It did not work. The hard drive is connected through a USB port. It does not show up anywhere, i.e. the File Explorer, Device Manager. If I connected through a USB port to a Windows 7 PC it shows up.

Any more ideas?

Thanks in advance

DimosthenisV, Nov 25, 2016
  3. RCMVP Win User
    Windows 10 not recognising external hard drive

I have a My Book AV WD model WDBABU0020HBK. I want to connect it to laptop ASUS N76V, which I recently updated to Windows 10. The hard drive does not show up in File Explorer, but it shows up in my devices and says that it is "operating properly." However,
    when I troubleshoot it, it says that it is an older device and I need to connect it to a USB 2 rather than a USB 3. The computer manual says that the USB 3 connections will handle devices that need a USB 2. What would resolve the incompatibility between
    the external hard drive and the computer?

RCMVP, Nov 25, 2016
Thema:

USB hard drive connects, but does not show up in Explorer

1. USB hard drive connects, but does not show up in Explorer - Similar Threads - USB hard drive

2. External hard drive NAME does not show up in Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    External hard drive NAME does not show up in Windows Explorer: I have a 2TB Seagate External HDD , which is not showing the Name of the drive properly in Windows Explorer. The Drive is Originally Named as "SEAGATE" , Disk Partition manager , Disk Defragmentor , shows the Drive name as "SEAGATE" but due to some Reason the Windows Explorer...
  3. hard drive partition not showing up in file explorer!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    hard drive partition not showing up in file explorer!: i installed windows 10 from a usb flash drive and when i was asked where to install windows 10, i selected my ssd and i also deleted a hard drive partition by mistake. it was of 198 gb. now it is not showing in file explorer. i also assigned a new letter to it, it did show...
  4. USB Drive does not show up in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Drive does not show up in Explorer: I installed Windows 10 using a Pen drive created by me from an ISO file of Windows downloaded. But the drive is not there in the explorer in order to eject it safely?...
  5. USB Drive not showing up in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB Drive not showing up in File Explorer: I got a brand new flash drive and when I plug it into my computer it does not show up in file explorer, however I can see it in Disk Management where it says no media and I can also see it in devices and printers but in devices and printers, it is grayed out under the browse...
  6. External Hard Drive not showing up in File Explorer

External Hard Drive not showing up in File Explorer: I have an external hard drive that I can't get to show up in the file explorer, I can see the drive in disk management though. I was thinking the drive doesn't have a letter assigned to it so maybe that's the problem but it won't let me give it one or change it from disk...
  7. usb drive not showing up in file explorer

usb drive not showing up in file explorer: win 10 updated 2 days ago. I have a 256gb cruzer usb 3.0 drive. When plugged in either directly to cpu frame, or a 3 port usb 3.0 extender port, I hear the win 10 sound that a usb drive has been plugged in but it never shows up in file exploerer. So I can't access the drive....
  8. external hard drive not showing up in explorer

external hard drive not showing up in explorer: my external hard drive has been dropped from a metere hight and when i connect to laptop It is recognized as a device and showing up in device manager but not appearing in windows explorer. In disk manager its showing as Disk 1 and initialize , i tried to initialize but its...
  9. explorer does not show usb connection

explorer does not show usb connection: My external1tb ssd is connected via usb3.0 and is not recognised in my explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-does-not-show-usb-connection/57926894-d9e6-486c-8333-39eaeaa3ed15
  10. Hard Drive Showing Error And Not Showing Up In Explorer

Hard Drive Showing Error And Not Showing Up In Explorer: I was updating my graphics driver and had to restart the pc. When it started booting back up it took like 10 minutes to get to the windows login screen. Then I noticed that some of my program icons were missing. So when trying to figure out why I noticed my harddrive was...