Windows 10: USB headset – Device Descriptor Request Failed (Win 10)

Discus and support USB headset – Device Descriptor Request Failed (Win 10) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi there, I have a problem with my USB headset (Plantronics Blackwire C520-M). Windows is telling me that the device isn't recognized. The device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by liketheicecream, Aug 20, 2018.

1. USB headset – Device Descriptor Request Failed (Win 10)

Hi there,

I have a problem with my USB headset (Plantronics Blackwire C520-M). Windows is telling me that the device isn't recognized. The device manager shows "Device Descriptor Request Failed". It happened very suddenly; while I was listening to music (everything as normal) the message suddenly popped up.

I already tried a couple of things:

1. uninstalling and re-installing drivers
    2. changing power options
    3. checking if the headset works on a different PC: it does

Then I ran the "Hardware and Devices" troubleshooter. It did its thing and told me to restart, so I did. I turned on music and the headset worked – for three seconds. Then I heard a quiet click (sorta) and the error message popped up again. Now the troubleshooter can't find anything.

What is happening here?

Thanks and best regards,

Zach

:)

liketheicecream, Aug 20, 2018
  2. EdTittel Win User

a request for device descriptor request failed

Maybe it's time to step back from the current efforts, and start over. I suggest you read over this excellent tutorial and try all of its steps: [Solved] Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) for Windows 10 - Driver Easy. The one that may provide you with some easy relief is the one where you uninstall the device whose descriptor is failing, reboot, and see what happens when device enumeration recurs during boot-up. If you're lucky, it will fix itself.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Aug 20, 2018
  3. titan5800 Win User
    a request for device descriptor request failed

my bios is and custom unlocked bios (latest version) (thanks to Bios Mods -The Best BIOS Update and Modification Source ) because of lenovo hardware whitlist maybe thats causing the problem???

titan5800, Aug 20, 2018
  4. USB headset – Device Descriptor Request Failed (Win 10)

eidairaman1, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

USB headset – Device Descriptor Request Failed (Win 10)

1. USB headset – Device Descriptor Request Failed (Win 10) - Similar Threads - USB headset –

2. A request for the USB device descriptor failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    A request for the USB device descriptor failed: I've had a bit of a story about this one controller that I am trying to get to work on my dell laptop. I get the following error when plugging it in "USB device not recognized The last USB device you connected to this computer malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it"...
  3. USB Device descriptor request failed

USB Device descriptor request failed: I have a surface pro 7 and every time I put on the signature type cover it tells me usb device not recognized. I have tried everything to fix this. It use to work but now wont. I thought it might be the type cover but the new one I bought says the same thing....
  4. USB Device Descriptor Request Failed

USB Device Descriptor Request Failed: This happened shortly after the 204 update. Not able to identify the specific hardware causing the issue going into properties and the various details. Tried unplugging mouse, keyboard, webcam. Reinstalled chipset driver. Any way to identify the specific hardware causing...
  5. USB Device Descriptor Request Failed

in Windows 10 Support
    USB Device Descriptor Request Failed: This happened shortly after the 204 update. Not able to identify the specific hardware causing the issue going into properties and the various details. Tried unplugging mouse, keyboard, webcam. Reinstalled chipset driver. Any way to identify the specific hardware causing...
  6. USB device descriptor request failed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB device descriptor request failed: i have a generic usb controller that was working fine but then stopped working and showed this error. At first i thought it is an issue with the controller but the same happen with another usb controller. I've tried every method to fix it but none worked. Edit-code 43...
  7. A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...: A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed) When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware....
  8. A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...

A request for the USB device descriptor failed. Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor...: When I connect my Tascam 202 MKVII cassette player to record through USB port using Windows 10 OS, the USB port shows this message and does not recognize the hardware. May I please know, How to get rid of this issue? Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)...
  9. A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

A request for the USB device descriptor failed.: Please fix this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/a-request-for-the-usb-device-descriptor-failed/7386ba09-376f-417e-8d67-85294c79aad3
  10. A request for the USB device descriptor failed

A request for the USB device descriptor failed: Hello I have a USB device (X.Vision PCDVB-3100) It work properly in Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 But now in Windows 10 when I connect it to USB port, The Windows give me this error: “Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43) A request...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. plantronics device descriptor failed

2. plantronics da70 device descriptor failed

3. plantronics voyager 5200 descriptor request failed

4. device descriptor failed sennheiser headset,
  5. Plantronics c520-m code 43,
  6. plantronics headset device descriptor request failed