Windows 10: USB Headsets not recognised only on one PC

Discus and support USB Headsets not recognised only on one PC in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello all, I come to you in a moment of despair, where researching hasn't led me to any conclusion or solution to my issue. I've got a freshly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by GabrielNBJJ, Sep 14, 2017.

1. USB Headsets not recognised only on one PC

Hello all,

I come to you in a moment of despair, where researching hasn't led me to any conclusion or solution to my issue.

I've got a freshly built PC with the following:

Ryzen 1700
    16 GB RAM
    GTX 1070
    B350 PC MATE MSI MS-7A34. BIOS-ul updatat la zi.
    Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.15063 Build 15063

I've got a pair of USB Headsets, model Genesis HX66. Whenever I plug them in, I'm getting "The last USB Device you connected to this computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise it." . If I go further and check in Device Manager I can see "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43). A USB port reset request failed".

- Windows is up to date.
    - Motherboard drivers are up to date as per Live Update MSI.
    - I've got the headsets drivers but the installer does not let me install since it doesn't detect the headsets as being plugged in.
    - Tried uninstalling the item with the exclamation mark and then scanning for hardware changes. Tried scanning online for updates. Same result.
    - Tried disabling USB Selective Suspend Setting.
    - The headsets are functioning perfectly on other devices.
    - Regardless of the USB port I use, same error.
    - I can use other devices on the same USB ports, including charging my phone.
    - Tried to install the wpdmtp.inf . Still didn't work.
    - Tried disabling the force driver signature feature.

One suspect thing is I can't install the Asmedia USB drivers that come on the MSI DVD. Receiving the Asmedia USB Host controller was not found.

I am completely out of ideas, please assist me.

Thank you.

:)

GabrielNBJJ, Sep 14, 2017
  2. rolfsnolf Win User

N8 headset detection problem

reinsert it or insert it faster.. there 3 rings on the headset jack. where the third is the one for the microphone and making yout mobile phone recognise it as a headset.

So if you insert a bit to slow and it only connects the first 2 rings it will see it as a headset

rolfsnolf, Sep 14, 2017
  3. Adecool Win User
    (Solved) How do i get a headset working on Windows 10?

Alright i finally got the headset working with a USB-C adapter/converter. The microphone on the headset is not recognised by Windows 10 unless it goes through the USB or USB-C port on the computer. I hope Microsoft addresses this and stops false-advertising.

Adecool, Sep 14, 2017
  4. Plankton Win User

USB Headsets not recognised only on one PC

What does it look like in your device manager.....any yellow triangles showing?

Plankton, Sep 14, 2017
  5. Yes. Yellow triangle over "Unknown USB Device (Port Reset Failed)".

GabrielNBJJ, Sep 14, 2017
  6. Plankton Win User
    Plankton, Sep 14, 2017
  7. That's what I thought as well at first.

Tried both the 1gb installer over there and the live update tool.

Same result.

GabrielNBJJ, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB Headsets not recognised only on one PC

1. USB Headsets not recognised only on one PC - Similar Threads - USB Headsets recognised

2. Poor quality on all but one headset, on only one pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Poor quality on all but one headset, on only one pc: I've recently gotten two new headphones for Christmas, both of which are very high quality Sony and Steelseries arctis 4 and sound great on every device except for my personal computer. Ive tried other windows computers and they sound just fine. My computer does this for...
  3. Poor quality on all but one headset, on only one pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Poor quality on all but one headset, on only one pc: I've recently gotten two new headphones for Christmas, both of which are very high quality Sony and Steelseries arctis 4 and sound great on every device except for my personal computer. Ive tried other windows computers and they sound just fine. My computer does this for...
  4. USB headset suddenly not recognised

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB headset suddenly not recognised: I'm running windows 10 on an Acer predator PC from a good few years back now. I got a new Logitech headset with a wireless USB dongle to plug in. Have been using this for a while now. Suddenly last night it stopped working and I got a notification that the USB device is not...
  5. USB headset suddenly not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB headset suddenly not recognised: I'm running windows 10 on an Acer predator PC from a good few years back now. I got a new Logitech headset with a wireless USB dongle to plug in. Have been using this for a while now. Suddenly last night it stopped working and I got a notification that the USB device is not...
  6. USB headset suddenly not recognised

7. Laptop not recognising USB headset at all, not installing drivers ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop not recognising USB headset at all, not installing drivers ?: I recently bought a new ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QM laptop and when i try to plug in my Hyper X Cloud Alpha S with USB it does not recognise it at all cant see it in device manager or sound or anything, like no Windows prompt or anything. The small dongle thing gets power but...
  8. Laptop not recognising USB headset at all, not installing drivers ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop not recognising USB headset at all, not installing drivers ?: I recently bought a new ROG Zephyrus G15 GA503QM laptop and when i try to plug in my Hyper X Cloud Alpha S with USB it does not recognise it at all cant see it in device manager or sound or anything, like no Windows prompt or anything. The small dongle thing gets power but...
  9. Laptop not recognising USB headset at all, not installing drivers ?

10. 2 laptops only one recognises phones.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 laptops only one recognises phones.: I have 2 laptops with the same Windows 10 build. v.2004. 1. Old Toshiba & 2. Newish Lenovo. Until a few builds No.2 will not recognise my Pixel 2xl & recently Pixel 5 when connected via usb. No errors in Device Manager. No.1 still recognises both phones & I would like to...