Windows 10: USB Help on Windows 10

Discus and support USB Help on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So long story short.... I successfully cloned my old hard drive to my new hard drive, but I am planning to just do a clean wipe on this new hard drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Momoxat, Jun 24, 2016.

1. Momoxat Win User

USB Help on Windows 10

So long story short.... I successfully cloned my old hard drive to my new hard drive, but I am planning to just do a clean wipe on this new hard drive and install a fresh OS on it. HOWEVER, along the way with this process, I've been using my USB to use a backup media incase anything happens ( considering i thought this was still a USB disk). As of last night, my USB isn't acting like a USB anymore. It is now acting like a local hard drive on my PC. If i wanted to remove the USB safely like you would normally do, the USB name does not show up in that box.

I went to disk management and checked what disk the USB is occupying and on disk 2 the properties are just BASIC instead of being REMOVABLE. I tested out my other usb and it said REMOVABLE on there and acting like an actual USB drive.

OVERALL, I just need this USB to act like an actual USB again cause its 32gbs and I am trying to download the OS onto here, but my PC can't even recognize it as a USB.
    USB Help on Windows 10 [​IMG]

:)

Momoxat, Jun 24, 2016

2. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so i figured it out myself

Found the logfile in "C:\Windows\Minidump".

You need the Windows Development Kit to open it and a bit of googling to understand it.

Found out that a Daemon driver caused an error. Removed Daemon but this didn't solve it. (ps: Daemon itself worked normally).

I let hibernate my computer again and found another error with sptd2.sys: SCSI Pass Through Direct layer

More google and ended up on the duplexsecure site. Downloaded the W10 version and voila: problem fixed.

For the Windows support team: It would be really helpfull if you could pass problems to a more skilled helpdesk who can do more than proposing the standard solutions in case those won't work.

Cheers

windows-10, Jun 24, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Unexpected shutdown on start up

OK, so I also found out that this occurs when sleepmode (for me after 3 hours) changes into hibernate mode.

Seems like the going into hibernate and/or starting up from HIbernate results in a shutdown. In safeboot it works perfectly.

Anyone any idea how I can figure out where it goes wrong. Is there a way to log this (I couldn't find it in bootlog)

windows-10, Jun 24, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

USB Help on Windows 10

might be related to Intel Rapid Storage Technology if you have that installed. Some people have reported related issues.

dalchina, Jun 24, 2016
Thema:

USB Help on Windows 10

1. USB Help on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB Help

2. USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help: My computer forced me to a windows 11 Pro upgrade from my windows 10 Pro and now my USB ports dont work correctly. Most of the time when I try to use them my computer will make a sound that I put in the USB drive, but then it will lock up my computer to the point that I have...
  3. USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help: My computer forced me to a windows 11 Pro upgrade from my windows 10 Pro and now my USB ports dont work correctly. Most of the time when I try to use them my computer will make a sound that I put in the USB drive, but then it will lock up my computer to the point that I have...
  4. Need Help usb devices wont work except for flashdrives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help usb devices wont work except for flashdrives: I am using a Acer TravelMate P214-52. I've used many methods on youtube and other forums and but nothing seems to work. My laptop has 3 ports but this one at the up of usb root hub is connected even though I have only three ports. I think this is the cause on why my usb...
  5. Need Help usb devices wont work except for flashdrives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Help usb devices wont work except for flashdrives: I am using a Acer TravelMate P214-52. I've used many methods on youtube and other forums and but nothing seems to work. My laptop has 3 ports but this one at the up of usb root hub is connected even though I have only three ports. I think this is the cause on why my usb...
  6. Need Help usb devices wont work except for flashdrives

7. please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb: please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-i-need-help-to-download-a-windows-10-iso-am/0e7de794-a671-4da3-ae16-1b2ce119f5e5
  8. please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb

please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb: please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-i-need-help-to-download-a-windows-10-iso-am/0e7de794-a671-4da3-ae16-1b2ce119f5e5
  9. please i need help to download a windows 10 ISO, am trying to make a bootable usb

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. how can i fix usb not recognized pls help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i fix usb not recognized pls help: i tried so many things it just doesnot work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-fix-usb-not-recognized-pls-help/3ff09754-a342-4175-9dd7-7991c0849034