Windows 10: USB hub has failed to resest

Discus and support USB hub has failed to resest in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 1803 (OS build 17134.228) Gigabyte z170 gaming gt, i6700 Yesterday morning, I could read sdcards in my rosewill 5.25 multi format reader... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FirstGigafunk, Aug 20, 2018.

1. USB hub has failed to resest

Windows 1803 (OS build 17134.228) Gigabyte z170 gaming gt, i6700

Yesterday morning, I could read sdcards in my rosewill 5.25 multi format reader thing, Then, suddenly i could not.

I could not read them in the sdslot, i could not read microsd's in the micro drive, i could not read micros in an adapter in the fulkl sd slot, I could not even read them IN ANOTHER USB CARD READER. I can read usb flash drives though. I unplugged the rosewill unit and still could not read in an external usb sd reader, into a back mobo port.

by could not read, i mean it would ask to format, if i let it format, it could not finish. i used the SD coalitions SD formatter and it finished, but they still could not be read and windows asked again to format, and always fails if i let it.

the cards all work in my cameras and other computer, with a built in slot.(lappy)

In device manager i get a yellow triangle error on a Generic Super speed hub. code 43, "the usb hub has failed to reset"

at location Port_#0017.Hub_#0001.

I uninstall it and reset , comes back working for a second then gets the triangle. I tried to update drivers via windows update, say the most current are in use. The manufacturer has no drivers for this item for windows 10(just 7)

I reset my cmos settings.

I updated my bios to the latest version, I updated the thunderbolt firmware, I updated the updates update. I am joking, but I have been struggling to update everything thinking that was the fix. It is not. I see complaints of windows last few updates having problems and fixes with this.

I am in middle of a project and this has completely derailed me. I have used and paid for windows since windows 95, every version but the ill fated ME. I have never asked MS for help. Time to help.

:)

FirstGigafunk, Aug 20, 2018

2. USB HUB

Hi,

Incompatible USB hub driver is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. We recommend uninstalling the USB Root Hub driver and see if it helps. Follow the stepes below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers to expand.
    • Right-click USB Root Hub, then click Properties.
    • Go to the Driver tab.
    • Click Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.
    Note: Restarting your computer will automatically reinstall a generic driver for your computer. Also, we suggest connecting your USB hub while performing the steps.

If the issue still persists, let's disable the USB selective suspend settings thru Power Options to resolve the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Type Power Options in the search box, then press Enter.
    • Locate USB settings > USB selective suspend settings.
    • Select Disable.

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Aug 20, 2018
  3. TIGR Win User
    MTT/Multi-TT USB Hubs

Does anyone know of a list of multi-TT (as opposed to a single-transaction-translator) USB 2.0 hubs?

What about USB 3.0? I'm not sure if it is a worthy consideration with USB 3.0 or not.

4. USB hub has failed to resest

Belkin introduces wireless USB hub

uh

• what long wires?

wow, you dont have to plug a really small thin piece of plastic into your laptop while roaming about...

dont they already make wireless adapters for these for much cheaper?

ok...so...

am i missing something here? almost 200 bucks for this???

Easy Rhino, Aug 20, 2018
Thema:

USB hub has failed to resest

1. USB hub has failed to resest - Similar Threads - USB hub has

2. Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.: Device status.Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 The USB hub failed to reset.This problem occurred after I updated Windows 22h2...
  3. Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.: Device status.Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 The USB hub failed to reset.This problem occurred after I updated Windows 22h2...
  4. Power surge on the USB port. The USB hub failed to reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. USB Hub

USB Hub: hey guys, yesterday I bought an external USB Hub so I can have more than 2 USB ports. when I connect it, my laptop doesn't recognize any USB or my Wireless mouse. also I know it works because when I connect my Cool-pad to it, it starts to work. what is the problem? could...
  6. My USB Back ports stops working, USB Root Hub has failed to reset

My USB Back ports stops working, USB Root Hub has failed to reset: My USB backports somehow are not working anymore while I was typing. My keyboard, and my mouse are attached to the backports. It won't detect any usb devices I plug in. I have 6 USB backports, 4 USB 3.0 and 2 USB 2.0, but the one that are not working is the USB 3.0 Ports. In...
  7. USB hub

USB hub: was using an Amazon basics usb hub on my last computer without any issues but I bought a new laptop a few months ago and within the past week or two my usb hub started to disconnect and reconnect devices connected to it. So I recently bought a hub that has a standalone power...
  8. Resesting PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Resesting PC: Hello my name is Stephanie. I need help to factory reset my HP laptop. When I go to the settings and recovery and click get started nothing happens. How do I fix this?...
  9. Generic Superspeed USB hub error code 43 -USB hub failed to reset

Generic Superspeed USB hub error code 43 -USB hub failed to reset: The hub was working fine until Windows update on 08/06/2018 Driver version 10.0.17134.112 My £150 gaming motherboard now does not support all my peripherals at the same time. I can't install my original drivers from the disk that came with the board because Windows has...
  10. USB 2.0 Hub - A request for the USB device descriptor failed.

USB 2.0 Hub - A request for the USB device descriptor failed.: Let me start out by saying that I've googled the shit out of this problem, tried several things, and nothing worked. I have a D-Link USB 2.0 Hub that I got about a week ago. It's been working awesome up until recently. It's a plug and play device, however windows is...