Windows 10: USB issues after upgrading to Windows 10

Discus and support USB issues after upgrading to Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi! Looking for help with some issues that developed after installing Windows 10.... Background: No problems with Windows 7. Had computer for 5+... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sosaysmorvant, May 11, 2016.

1. USB issues after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi! Looking for help with some issues that developed after installing Windows 10....

Background: No problems with Windows 7. Had computer for 5+ years....held off on upgrading to Windows 10 in fear of problems, but was in queue to get the upgrade. Pop up would come up every so often to upgrade, but I dismissed the requests. Well, one of my kids must have accidentally allowed the upgrade to happen. I navigated the system & found no real issues, so I kept the upgrade to Windows 10. I noticed I had a problem with "permissions" on USB drives after I backed up my sister's old Iphone to my hard drive (she has no real computer for storage space). Anyhow, I was gonna put all of her pictures and videos on a flash drive to give to her for safe keeping. After I copied them over to the drive, I tried to look at them to make sure everything went over well. I recieved a "you don't have permission to view this file" message. I deleted everything and tried again. Same message. I'm thinking maybe Apple has some type of proprietary stuff embedded in the files so I just shelve the project for a while.

Fast forward to recently. I was trying to edit a USB drive that had music on it. It recognizes the drive, but it would not let me delete any files. I recieved another "permissions" message. I was able to copy files over to the drive, but I got "files already exist, do you want to overwrite". I clicked yes and the files were copied. I thought that was odd, because the files copied were NOT on the flash drive like the comuter said they were.....so I used a fresh, blank flash drive and copied some pictures to it. Same event took place. The computer told me the files already existed if I want to overwrite or abort. They do copy over if I click overwrite.

I start googling permissions and administrator stuff (I had only one default admin account)....and created another user. Followed the direction of some other websites to try to put permissions as global for the admin account. It looks like I should have full control of everything.

Yesterday, I took an old flash drive with pictures on it. The computer recognizes the drive and I can see the files on the drive, but if I try to open one, I get the "you don't have permission, etc." message. I took the same flash drive onto my laptop and I can view the pictures.

Clearly, something is screwed up with my USB stuff from the upgrade to Windows 10. I was wondering if you folks could give me a few suggestions on how to remedy my problem. I would rather not reinstall Windows 10 if I do not have to. After several hours of searching, some suggest it could be a drivers issue, while others say it can be cured thru "device permissions".

I have a custom build unit with an ASUS motherboard. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

sosaysmorvant, May 11, 2016
  2. Gina_on_the_thread, May 11, 2016
  3. KenBrodeur, May 11, 2016
  4. rhherren Win User

USB issues after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,
    Have you ever found a solution to this? Are you running any sort of Antivirus? A computer I am currently working on is experiencing the same issue. The owner has said that she it was copy files and reading files on the USB fine prior to installing antivirus.

Note: This computer was upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10

rhherren, Oct 2, 2016
Thema:

USB issues after upgrading to Windows 10

1. USB issues after upgrading to Windows 10 - Similar Threads - USB issues upgrading

2. Monitor issues after upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Monitor issues after upgrading to windows 10: Hi, I upgraded to windows 10 a few months ago and I have an issue with my monitor, it says auto-configure all the time when opening games software etc, and moves the screen automatically making an empty black part at the bottom of the right side I tried changing...
  3. Issues with Windows 10 after upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Issues with Windows 10 after upgrade: Dears, I have "HP EliteBook 840 G5 Notebook" for my work, it's started to act weird after I upgraded My Windows 10 to version 1809. Laptop temp is hotter than usual, and CPU fan is running almost all the time when I have all my apps opened. Even when all my apps are...
  4. Windows 10 Login Issue after upgrade

Windows 10 Login Issue after upgrade: Hello Experts , could you help here? I was working fine with my Windows 10 and suddenly Windows Update started and Once update done, I am not able to login. I tried with Fingerprints, Pin & my microsoft account password but unable to do so. I have reset password of...
  5. Windows 10 after upgrade issues - Youtube and Facebook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 after upgrade issues - Youtube and Facebook: Hi, I'm facing issues since I've upgraded to windows 10, Cannot access youtube and Facebook through any browser. However, All other websites working fine, system logged on with Domain Admin, No firewalls/Proxy, Any help to solve the issue highly appreciated. Tx....
  6. email issues after windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    email issues after windows 10 upgrade: Outlook does not accept passwords, no email incoming or outgoing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/email-issues-after-windows-10-upgrade/4d86bcea-957b-416c-afbf-09b40ba2848a
  7. Audio issues after upgrading to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio issues after upgrading to Windows 10: Hello, I've been having audio issues since upgrading to windows 10 from windows 8.1. My audio, specifically the voices sound muffled, and other sounds are more pronounced. I've tried the following: - Reverting to windows 8.1 - Updating audio drivers - Disabling...
  8. Issue Upgrading Windows 8.1 to 10 via Install USB

Issue Upgrading Windows 8.1 to 10 via Install USB: For the past week, I have been trying to upgrade my computer from Windows 8.1 to 10. It usually gets to varying stages of the install process, and then fails. Most recently, when installing through the Windows Media Tool and upgrading from being logged in, it will do its...
  9. usb always on after upgrade

usb always on after upgrade: I was upgraded my pc from win 8.1 to win 10 and made a clean install . after that my usb are always on even the pc is off in the past I was switched on the EUP option in the bios menu and the usb was shuting down the power with the pc , but now wont work. Any solution? My...
  10. Windows 10 issues after Dec.2017 upgrade

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 issues after Dec.2017 upgrade: Hello, Every since a big update in late Dec. I have had an issue with explorer becoming unresponsive, most notably nothing happens when you click the start button, other things become sluggish and flaky also. I have found a temporary fix but I would like to know what is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. T430 always-on USB port windows 10 pro after upgrade 1809