Windows 10: USB KB & mouse disabled by Logitech software & dead on reboot

Discus and support USB KB & mouse disabled by Logitech software & dead on reboot in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; An old Logitech 250c webcam was giving distorted audio, so I downloaded and installed the latest aoftware. After install, the system needed a reboot.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by PDXman, Mar 1, 2017.

1. PDXman Win User

USB KB & mouse disabled by Logitech software & dead on reboot

An old Logitech 250c webcam was giving distorted audio, so I downloaded and installed the latest aoftware. After install, the system needed a reboot. But on bootup the usb wired keyboard and mouse were dead. The boot halts at the "Choose your keyboard layout" screen. Without a mouse or keyboard I can't do a thing. Win 10's automatic system repair didn't fix it. I changed usb ports, no joy. I've created a Win10 recovery disk from another system, and while it boots and the KB & mouse work, all of the repair options fail. I can get a command prompt and that's it.
    The KBM power up and are shown connected in the BIOS, but when the Win10 startup screen appears the usb power is cut to the KBM - NUM lock light & the mouse LED go dark. The computer (a Win7 HP) doesn't have PS-2 ports. Only usb. I've removed an aftermatket usb3.0 card. Nothing helps.
    It seems to me that the Logitech setup has written itself into a wrong place in the boot order somewhere. But where and how do I get around this?

:)

PDXman, Mar 1, 2017

2. Logitech unifying receiver doesn't work following Windows 10 upgrade.

It appears that Microsoft Windows 10 has, several days ago, removed proper support the Logitech Unifying USB Receiver.

Logitech Performance MX mouse was working with Logitech unifying receiver for months now with Windows 10, as was my Logitech K810. A few days ago my Windows 10 announced that is had upgraded, and in the days that followed repeatedly updated. Now none of
    my above-mentioned Logitech equipment is working. I tried:

(0) Tried all 3 USB 2 and one USB 3 ports at every step below, Win10 makes a proper sound when plugging in and out the Unifying device, but there is never any mouse functionality

(1) downloading the latest Unifying device driver

(2) disabling the USB power save features

(3) reinstalling the device drivers via the hardware manager

(4) 30 minutes of searching for fixes online.

(5) I plugged in my unifying receiver to a windows 7 computer and everything works properly

(6) Logitech Unifying software update Performance mouse firmware update fails when Mouse is powered due to failure to sense mouse.

(7) The Unifying software directive to re-pair fails due to failure to sense unifying device

(8) re-pairing fails with inability to detect mouse

(9) HID compliant mouse Events include the following:

- Device HID\VID_0461&PID_4D51\7&5791374&0&0000 could not be migrated. Last Device Instance Id: HID\VID_046D&PID_C52B&MI_01&COL01\8&236CB223&0&0000

- Device HID\VID_0461&PID_4D51\7&5791374&0&0000 was configured. Device HID\VID_0461&PID_4D51\7&5791374&0&0000 was configured.

- Driver Name: msmouse.inf

Class Guid: {4D36E96F-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}Driver Name: msmouse.inf Class Guid: {4D36E96F-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

Indicate as 12/14/2015 and 12/16/2015 events.

It appears as if the Windows 10 update, which Windows 10 referred to as, I forget the exact words, not an update but a Windows 10 upgrade, which occurred automatically several days ago, does not properly support these of my Logitech hardware.

uneluctable, Mar 1, 2017
  3. Windows 10 update of 2015-12-18 broke much of my USB functionality - especially Logitech Unifying USB Device

Can any of you help me to get Logitech Unifying Device to work again?

It appears that Microsoft Windows 10 Pro has, several days ago, removed proper support the Logitech Unifying USB Receiver.

Logitech Performance MX mouse was working with Logitech unifying receiver for months now with Windows 10, as was my Logitech K810. A few days ago my Windows 10 announced that is had updated, and in the days that followed repeatedly updated. Now none of my
    above-mentioned Logitech equipment is working. I tried:

(0) Tried all 3 USB 2 and one USB 3 ports at every step below, Win10 makes a proper sound when plugging in and out the Unifying device, but there is never any mouse functionality

(1) downloading the latest Unifying device driver

(2) disabling the USB power save features

(3) reinstalling the device drivers via the hardware manager

(4) 30 minutes of searching for fixes online.

(5) I plugged in my unifying receiver to a windows 7 computer and everything works properly

(6) Logitech Unifying software update Performance mouse firmware update fails when Mouse is powered due to failure to sense mouse.

(7) The Unifying software directive to re-pair fails due to failure to sense unifying device

(8) re-pairing fails with inability to detect mouse

(9) HID compliant mouse Events include the following:

- Device HID\VID_0461&PID_4D51\7&5791374&0&0000 could not be migrated. Last Device Instance Id: HID\VID_046D&PID_C52B&MI_01&COL01\8&236CB223&0&0000

- Device HID\VID_0461&PID_4D51\7&5791374&0&0000 was configured.

- Driver Name: msmouse.inf

Class Guid: {4D36E96F-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}Driver Name: msmouse.inf Class Guid: {4D36E96F-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

All indicated to be 12/14/2015 events.

(10) rebooted

It appears as if the Windows 10 update, which Windows 10 referred to as, I forget the exact words, not an update but more than a Windows 10 update, which occurred automatically several days ago, failed to properly support these of my Logitech hardware.

Windows 10 ruined my laptop experience. My HP Envy 17 3D 3 years old lap top had switchable Intel integrated and AMD mobile graphics until Windows 10 installed and failed to support this feature, so now I'm stuck with the far less reliable AMD drivers and
    high power usage at all times. Nor does my WIDI (or Miracast) work any more. :-(

uneluctable, Mar 1, 2017
  4. USB KB & mouse disabled by Logitech software & dead on reboot

Welcome to the TenForums @PDXman

When you said the repair options failed was one of those System Restore? (Just for my clarit.)

I also assume from your description that you can't enter Safe Mode is that correct?

Have you tried these procedures with webcam disconnected? (Even a normal boot, no webcam)

Ken

Caledon Ken, Mar 1, 2017
  5. spunk Win User
    Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Integrated Peripherals, look for Legacy USB or Keyboard, if it is disabled, using your Enter and Arrow keys, Enable it. Save and Exit.

spunk, Mar 1, 2017
  6. What Logitech software did you install? I've installed Setpoint numerous times and never experienced anything like that?

alphanumeric, Mar 1, 2017
  7. PDXman Win User
    Thanks to all for your replies. To clarify..
    1. To enter Safe Mode, you have to be able to boot into Win 10 or already be in Win10. I'm locked out by not having KBM. At least everywhere I've looked tells me so. If there's a hidden back door in, please enlighten me.
    (BTW, Microsoft, Safe Mode is useless for troubleshooting if you can't cold boot into it!!!)

2. There is no "Legacy USB" in the BIOS. Both the Keyboard & mouse appear in the USB section of the BIOS. I've moved them to different ports and they always show up in the BIOS as connected to their ports, whichever ones I've moved them to.
    The BIOS is a Megatrends v6.11 for an HP AMD desktop. Not sophisticated but neither totally stripped down.

3. Logitech setpoint - I'm unsure as to what version I tried to install. I searched for the latest driver package for the 250c webcam on Logitech's site & downloaded it. The install appeared to go normally, the final screen being the need to restart. Once restarted, after the BIOS loaded I got the Win10 initial boot screen with the blue flag, a flash of a partial black screen, then the Win10 "Choose your keyboard layout" screen. But the KBM were dead, no power from the USB ports, as the ports go dark just after Win10 starts to load. From this I infer that the Logitech setup has written itself into the top of the boot order to disable the KBM drivers, but the command to load Logitech drivers comes too far afterwards.

4. I can get a command prompt by booting to a Win10 recovery disk I made on another machine. When I do this, the KBM stay powered through the boot, and I can select a US keyboard from the layout screen. I can then look at the hard drive in question, navigate through hdd's and directories, even read some of the logs using "type" command - well read some of the logs until the buffer overflows.

All suggestions welcome!

PDXman, Mar 1, 2017
  8. USB KB & mouse disabled by Logitech software & dead on reboot

As far as I know Setpoint isn't drivers as such, its just configuration software that adds/enables extra features on the keyboards. All my Logitech keyboards and trackballs run fine without it. Even my cordless unifying peripherals run fine without it. If you haven't already, unplug the webcam and see if they work then. It may be a different story with WebCames, don't know?

9. PDXman Win User
    Thanks for the response.
    Let me clarify further...
    1. I'm not sure if it was setpoint or just a driver package I downloaded. I can't get into the system to look at the downloads.
    2. The only devices connected to the USB bus are the keyboard and mouse. Both of which lose power the instant Win10 gets to the automatic system repair.

PDXman, Mar 1, 2017
  10. Ok, fair enough. I don't have any suggestions at the moment?

11. Caledon Ken, Mar 1, 2017
  12. clam1952 Win User
    Got a PS2 port on the PC and a PS2 Mouse or Keyboard? or a PS2 to USB adaptor, sometimes, well a few years back, you got one with a USB keyboard for plugging into a PS2 port?

clam1952, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

USB KB & mouse disabled by Logitech software & dead on reboot

1. USB KB & mouse disabled by Logitech software & dead on reboot - Similar Threads - USB mouse disabled

2. All USB Ports are dead after reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All USB Ports are dead after reboot: Hello all,After a regular restart, all usb input devices do not respond at all. So I am stuck in the login screen. I have not consciously installed an update.However, after a few reboots, a short screen came up with the usual words "Updates are being processed", which is...
  3. All USB Ports are dead after reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All USB Ports are dead after reboot: Hello all,After a regular restart, all usb input devices do not respond at all. So I am stuck in the login screen. I have not consciously installed an update.However, after a few reboots, a short screen came up with the usual words "Updates are being processed", which is...
  4. logitech mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    logitech mouse: Why does my logitech mouse tried multiple different mice keep randomly jumping across the screen, always to the right side? Sometimes it jumps so often, I can not type. It happens when I'm on the internet, and also when I'm not. I'm using a dell AIO touch screen, with...
  5. Windows 10 and logitech USB for keyboard and mouse. Logitech 700series.

Windows 10 and logitech USB for keyboard and mouse. Logitech 700series.: Since W10 has been installed I have had numerous disconnects during use. I have done the following: 1-New batteries in all devices 2-Reloaded software 3-Removed and changed USB's 4-Gone to Device Manager and uninstall all related USB controllers 5- The system has been...
  6. Logitech wireless K800 KB just stops working until system reboots

Logitech wireless K800 KB just stops working until system reboots: We got this KB about two months ago, but this problem just started to occur. System is a Lenovo laptop 2-in-1, running Windows 10 Home (until I upgrade to Pro). A reboot always cures the problem, but it is a time waster. Is this a known problem with Logitech wireless KBs?...
  7. Logitech USB Mouse Keeps on Disconnecting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Logitech USB Mouse Keeps on Disconnecting: My Logitech G403 Wired mouse keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting to a point where it doesn't work until I restart my computer. This is really inconvenient when i'm in the middle of doing something and I have to restart my computer. Thank you submitted by /u/BillionsBoy...
  8. logitech mouse

logitech mouse: does anyone have a problem with a Logitech anywhere mx or Logitech anywhere 2S wireless mouse scrolling side ways instead of up and down. not pushing mouse wheel to either side. after a few seconds screen returns to the middle of the screen. very annoying....
  9. Win 10 no USB KB or Mouse

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win 10 no USB KB or Mouse: Windows turns off KB and mouse. Any direct fix for this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/win-10-no-usb-kb-or-mouse/c4bc411f-79c3-46bf-b15a-f73b2075726d
  10. Is there a tool to backout a KBXXXXXX when KB and Mouse are disabled

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is there a tool to backout a KBXXXXXX when KB and Mouse are disabled: After an update I am "locked out" due to the update preventing USB KB and Mouse from loading. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/is-there-a-tool-to-backout-a-kbxxxxxx-when-kb-and/189bd7dd-6d2b-4c54-850d-544ddf28e6b7