Windows 10: USB Keybard Not Working In BIOS

Discus and support USB Keybard Not Working In BIOS in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi Team, My laptop keyboard had liquid spilled over it so it stopped working. I took it to a local repair shop who tried to unplug-replug the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dinesh, Jun 14, 2016.

1. Dinesh Win User

USB Keybard Not Working In BIOS

Hi Team,

My laptop keyboard had liquid spilled over it so it stopped working. I took it to a local repair shop who tried to unplug-replug the keyboard cable but it did not work. So as a workaround we kept the USB cord unplugged and this way USB keyboard started working right from BIOS. Unfortunately I cannot find this keyboard anywhere in shop, ebay, etc. So for now, I am using a USB keyboard.

I happened to enable Fast Boot option in BIOS and it seems it disabled Legacy USB support in BIOS. Now this USB keyboard will become operational only after boot. Means I can no longer enter BIOS by tapping F2. The Caps/Num Lock light will lit up few seconds after the Windows Logo Screen and right before the logon screen.

What are my options? The laptop make is Samsung NP530U4B-S02IN.
    I need to enter BIOS as I was planing to go back to Windows 8.1 due to lack of supported Win 10 drivers by Samsung/AMD.

P.S. It feels good to be back here after such a long time. *Smile

:)

Dinesh, Jun 14, 2016

2. An Operating System Wasn't Found After Windows 10 Reset and my keyboard doesnt work

An Operating System Wasn't Found After Windows 10 Reset and my keybard doesn't work after i made a mistake by changing somthng in bios even know the mouse is working can u help me n

YacineFeddal, Jun 14, 2016
  3. Windows button don't work in Windows 10

No I need help with the top buttons with the brightness and volume and the buttons to make your computer keybard shine they dont work please help me!!

johnkarasmilov, Jun 14, 2016
  4. RWOne Win User

I don't see how enabling fast boot will turn off USB legacy support, however ...

You're stuck, your likely option available is to reset the BIOS.

You can try rebooting to advanced iptions and see if you can get into it from there:
    Advanced Startup Options - Boot to in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

You could also try - remove battery, remove AC cord, press and hold power switch on laptop for a count of 60.
    Put back together and retry booting.

Lastly, open it up and pull BIOS Batt, repeat above.

RWOne, Jun 14, 2016
  5. Kbird Win User
    IF the CSM in the Bios wasn't enabled when Fastboot was enabled it maybe possible to lose Legacy support I believe, not sure if that bios has that option though?

RWOne is right ....Advanced start should give you an option to enter the UEFI Bios Firmware when you reboot.

Also try hitting Numlock as you boot and see if it enables the Keyboard and then hit F2 ?

you could also Flash the Bios , which should reset the Bios to all Defaults ,which should save you from having to pull it apart to pull the bios battery out.

Kbird, Jun 14, 2016
  6. RWOne Win User
    Since I'm used to it, offering to open it up is no issue for myself. If you got to that point and needed to, but was uncomfortable in doing so, an alternative is what I listed above that statement.

Plus, if the laptop has removable covers for memory/hard drive, etc. You could remove those and look for the battery, on occasion it is accessible there (Think watch batt soldered to two wires, the wires plug into the board, not like a desktop MB whereas the batt fits in a holder) ... If you could get to it that way, its a thought.

But try all else first.

RWOne, Jun 14, 2016
  7. Dinesh Win User
    Thanks for the information. This is a 2012 model and there's no UEFI. So i don't have this option to enter uefi via advanced start up option. This laptop has a very poor reparability score. Trust me, is quite hard to open. Plus the battery is non removable too.

I didn't know that flashing bios will reset it to defaults. This is something I'm gonna try now. If this doesn't work, then i will try the last resort, i.e. removing bios jumper to reset it.

Dinesh, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. USB Keybard Not Working In BIOS - Similar Threads - USB Keybard Working

2. USB keyboard only working in BIOS and recovery environment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB keyboard only working in BIOS and recovery environment: ive recently only gotten my computer out of the windows automatic repair loop but whenever i access windows 10 now my keyboard won't work, even though it works fine in the recovery environment....
  3. USB keyboard only working in BIOS and recovery environment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB keyboard only working in BIOS and recovery environment: ive recently only gotten my computer out of the windows automatic repair loop but whenever i access windows 10 now my keyboard won't work, even though it works fine in the recovery environment....
  4. All USB ports not working outside of BIOS

in Windows 10 Customization
    All USB ports not working outside of BIOS: All USB ports 2.0 and 3.0 on my computer are no longer working when Windows 10 starts up. Asus s400ca laptopI checked device manager and can't remember what it said, but the USB had the yellow exclamation mark next to it I restarted my computer hoping it would fix the flash...
  5. My USB keyboard and mouse is not working but only works in bio

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My USB keyboard and mouse is not working but only works in bio: Hi my mouse and keyboard are not working but do work in the bio And i restarted when I once and it didnt work. so when I go on into system restore it says administrater password but I can’t make a new account because my mouse and keyboard don’t work and it’s kind of new...
  6. Work Around to get into BIOS and access USB

Work Around to get into BIOS and access USB: OS: MS Win 10 Home Version: 10.0.19041 I have an ASUS laptop and have kept Windows 10 updated About 2 weeks ago, Windows stopped working and I cannot access anything! Not safe mode, not BIOS, and cannot boot from USB. The laptop boots up, allows me to sign in, shows the...
  7. Mouse in USB port not working after BIOS update

Mouse in USB port not working after BIOS update: Hi! I had a BIOS update on my ASUS laptop and after that my wireless mouse in USB port isn't working any more. The cursor is moving but at pressing the button on the mouse it doesn't to anything. I did remove the battery from the mouse and turned it off an on and it doesn't...
  8. USB Keyboard Does Not Work in BIOS (But Otherwise Works Fine.)

USB Keyboard Does Not Work in BIOS (But Otherwise Works Fine.): I have a USB keyboard which normally works fine but is not working when I enter the BIOS. (Which I am trying to do BTW so that I can boot from the the Win10 ISO install disk. I'm on Win7 now and I've tried the easier way many times but it always fails.) The keyboard is...
  9. USB Mouse does not work | Boot to BIOS/UEFI

USB Mouse does not work | Boot to BIOS/UEFI: Hello all, I am trying update my system BIOS. The System Board has an update for it. Boot to Windows 10 UEFI does not enable the USB mouse and keyboard, and I do not have a PS2 combo to attempt, although I am not sure that will work either, depending on consensus. Might...
  10. Unable to OC and USB does not work to get into BIOS

Unable to OC and USB does not work to get into BIOS: This is weird. I was going to just leave with that but I figure it might help to explain...lol I have Windows 10 Pro 64 bit First I had trouble getting into my bios as the keyboard and mouse did not initialize until the log in screen showed up. I was able to find...