Windows 10: USB keyboad not working

Discus and support USB keyboad not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows10 USB keyboard does not show keystrokes. I tested it in notepad. The built in keyboard on the Lenovo laptop still works fine, but not the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jdevron, Aug 9, 2017.

1. jdevron Win User

USB keyboad not working

Windows10 USB keyboard does not show keystrokes.
    I tested it in notepad. The built in keyboard on the Lenovo laptop still works fine, but not the external keyboard.

I have a PS2 keyboard which works just fine on another computer. Also have a PS2 to USB adapter which is new. When any PS2 keyboard is plugged into the adapter then Windows10 responds with the same sound that it makes when a flash drive is plugged into the USB port. So I think there is not a hardware problem with the keyboard or adapter. However the keystrokes from the external keyboard are not recognized. The lights for capslock and numlock don't come on when those keys are pushed. Device Manager says the keyboard driver is okay. Scanning for new devices does not help. "Settings" does not have a selectable category for keyboard. Rebooting the laptop with the external keyboard does not help.

Does anyone have a suggestion how to get a laptop to work with an external USB keyboard?

:)

jdevron, Aug 9, 2017

2. Unable to access built-in and external keyboards on Windows 10

Tried twice the suggestions, with no result. Please note that only part of the portable keybdoard is not working correctly, same as the usb keyboad with only the numerical portion not working.

I guess the only other option is RECUPERATION after I finish the TAX reports which I have to do.

Thanks for the suggestions

André Noel

gilles andre noel, Aug 9, 2017
  3. lumnia 1520 Videos

Sorry for all the typos use to a keyboad.

Zoozagt6TH, Aug 9, 2017
  4. TrustMe Win User

USB keyboad not working

The PS2 to USB adapter you are using is probably passive. You need to get a "active" USB to PS2 adapter. Just do a Google or eBay search for one. Make sure to include the word active.

TrustMe, Aug 9, 2017
Thema:

USB keyboad not working

1. USB keyboad not working - Similar Threads - USB keyboad working

2. Keyboad disabled at login screen, works perfectly after login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboad disabled at login screen, works perfectly after login: Hello,I have a funny thing on a laptop.when you boot it, on the password screen the keyboard does not work.With the on-screen keyboard, I type the password and as soon as I hit enter, the keyboard turns on its lock key and is functional.I disabled Hello but it doesn't change...
  3. Keyboad dont work at certain points

in Cortana
    Keyboad dont work at certain points: Windows 10 proMy keyboard is new and is working fine but when i press window key and try to type anything to open something it doesn't work. I cant search anything after pressing window key......same is happening when i am using calculator from numpad....everything works to...
  4. Keyboad dont work at certain points

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboad dont work at certain points: Windows 10 proMy keyboard is new and is working fine but when i press window key and try to type anything to open something it doesn't work. I cant search anything after pressing window key......same is happening when i am using calculator from numpad....everything works to...
  5. Keyboad dont work at certain points

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. on screen keyboad

in Windows 10 Customization
    on screen keyboad: My keyboard continues to pop up despite my settings. The keyboard is displayed on the bottom of my right-hand screen and when typing will all of a sudden pop up on the screen. My settings are turned off but yet it continues to popup....
  7. docking station keyboad.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    docking station keyboad.: My laptop won't switch to the docking station keyboard. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/docking-station-keyboad/bf453d98-4ba2-4ef3-9064-7c9505a146f2
  8. Mouse and Keyboad Drivers

Mouse and Keyboad Drivers: How do I revert to the default Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard drivers without installing updates? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-and-keyboad-drivers/b17785cb-f07f-4154-954e-ea94c5131bb5
  9. Keyboad layout issue

Keyboad layout issue: Logitech wireless keyboard is keep changing layout. ie - like "s" is keep reset to blank chrome page. tried few different keyboard settings. please help - not sure what else to do....
  10. qwerty keyboad

in Windows 10 Customization
    qwerty keyboad: your latest update has removed my ENGLISH keyboard and replaced it with a american one, please can i have my qwerty keyboard settings back https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/qwerty-keyboad/aa6e138e-5303-4ff6-90e9-c0c387eeb9c7